It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I saw mothman?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ok I was at my grandmas right and I was watching tonights survivor. When I leave to go to my house in the country I am driving and the blacktop ends to this gravel road and the gravel road goes down in a dip and starts to come back up hill. As I was coming up this hill my headlights shine into the sky and I swear to all that is holy there is this giant thing flying! I mean it was massive and its wingspan was huge! It looked like a huge person with wings. So you see I like mothman right and I read about him alot so my first thought was OMG could it be mothman? I was so scared I slammed the gas all the way home and this thing was right above me I swear I have never been so scared in my life. You dont have to believe me but I swear I saw something I am not saying it was mothman but it was HUGE!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i dont know what to tell you...that sounds interesting...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken you are seeing a lot of things Indrid. Anything you can tell us about this?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well indrid if you live on the east coast around the virginias then there is a possiblity. Otherwise it's doubtful because the "mothman" has only been spotted around those east coast areas.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Does your seeing Mothman have something to do with the fact that your screen name is Indrid Cold, the mysterious MIB from the Mothman Prophecies?

Come on....

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Flinx: Does your seeing Mothman have something to do with the fact that your screen name is Indrid Cold, the mysterious MIB from the Mothman Prophecies?

before I read Flinx's quote I was thinking the same thing. Although I keep an open mind to all these things and believe paranormal myths and phenomena are possible, having a semi-obsession with certain things can certainly influence you psychologically, especially when you get paranoid about something and your first thought is to think about the thing you're interested in. IndridCold, I'm assuming from the following posts you live in East Virginia in the US?? Are you sure the creature wasn't a buzzard or a large eagle or hawk?? Also, did you happen to see any big red eyes. Many or most witnesses of the Mothman stress this point, 'those eyes, big red eyes.' They talk about the big red eyes for about 80 - 90% of their story, then describe the wings and features for the other 10 - 20%.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This reminds me of something that happened to me years ago. In 1981 I was driving from WV to Pittsburgh on Rt 22. It was dark, and I thought I saw what appeared to be a big unfolded cardboard box, spinning overhead across the road just above my headlight range. That struck me as kinda weird because it wasnt windy. Then about 40 seconds later I had to slam on the brakes because of somekind of winged animal heading at me straight on. It briefly dipped down and looked like it was going to come through my windshield before veering up across the car. It happened fast and all I really noticed was its wingspan which was about 6 or 7 feet. That was the last that I saw of it. To this day I still wonder what it was. I still travel that road sometimes and have always wanted to see it again. But no luck. One thing that really puzzles me is that I was going 55 miles per hour. Was there 2 of them? Or did this thing fly overhead then race in front of me then make a dive at me. I have only told this story to few.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Indrid Cold... does your Granma bakes cookie by any chance? certain types of cookies maybe... not saying i dont believe you though i have seen really strange things while driving at night especially in rural or semi rural areas... not mothman but definately toher strange homonid type things acting very un-human

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
you wernt takinany drugs were u?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
OMG people for one I dont do drugs there is no point to them. I swear I saw this thing....... and yes my name is Indrid Cold because I thought it was a very cool name and I do read about mothman alot. You could be right that it has some effect on me that I read it alot but this is no joke I saw something but like I said before it might have been a very huge owl. But I swear to you I saw something. I live in the country also in Missouri is that a good enough answer for you.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There is also the possibility that you have become so obsessed with this thing that you are drawing it to you. As you research more and more and your fear level of it rises, it will be drawn to that fear in you. My advice. Stop researching it and get your mind on something else. ( Girls perhaps?) You may be secretly wishing for these encouters and remember what they say about being careful what you wish for? Turn away from this obsession now.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
thanks for the advice ( Except for the girls I got a girl) maybe your right ...... But this was not my imagination for sure ..... but maybe your right I will give it a break.

ID

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There are a number of large birds in Missouri, it may simply have been a low flying owl or hawk. As I have said before people often interpret things the way they want to and if you are extremely interested in the mothman there is a good chance you automatically assumed that was it. I believe this to be the case with many paranormal phenomena, where people want something so much that when anything they can not explain happens they just pass it off as what ever they want (UFO, Big Foot, etc.).

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
did you just take my last post and rephrase it???

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Maybe it was a pterodactyl?

ID

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

did you just take my last post and rephrase it???
I actually did not see your post until just now but now that I review it yes that is was I did, however it was unintentional.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
In the dark, something can be anything. A rabbit can be a jackalope. Now what does this teach us? Don't drive while high. Now nature walks are a totally different thing, figure it this way, you're not moving at high speeds, and are able to focus at an object at night.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It sounds like a large owl to me. The way they look when their wings are flapping doesn't look like a normal bird. They can hover too.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
Well indrid if you live on the east coast around the virginias then there is a possiblity. Otherwise it's doubtful because the "mothman" has only been spotted around those east coast areas.

This is not entirely factual. Mothman has been identified in a few places in Africa, as well as Texas many years ago before a large hurricane. Mothman sightings have happened as well in other parts of the world. The only reason the sightings in West Virginia are the only one you read much about, is that before that, no one believed in the sightings, and the hurricane in Texas did not make people believe as there are always hurricanes.

However, the hurricane that hit Texas after the sightings was ONE OF the most devistating as far as loss of property and life.

As far as Africa, there are other names given to the same creature there, but it is one in the same.

He is always sighted right before something disasterous where ever he is sighted.

Blessed Be
Whitewolf

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You hadn't recently seen jeepers creepers had you? Thats that what it sounds like you saw to me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join