It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I saw mothman?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I saw Mothman the other night, he was flying around my light out on the porch. He kept burnin his ass and making a god-awful sound. I'm gunna get me a Bug Zappa and install it out there, and when I get him, I'll post the pics on here

Peace....

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I appreciate you sharing your incident with us. It does sound like the creature from Jeepers Creepers. If you haven't seen the movie, it's not the greatest, but entertaining. What is very interesting for me, is the amount of similar ideas there are on the subject, as well as the similarities on sightings. Be aware that you are very lucky to have seen something like this. Or, should I say unlucky, because very few people believe in such a creature. Regardless, it is awesome, not to mention very entertaining. You should do more research and see if there is a reason you are so lucky/unlucky? Interesting post.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Jeepers creepers, whered'y get those peepers? I thought I saw the mothman once, I slammed on the brakes and it turned out to be an owl. The dark and your imagination can make you see anything.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
Did you eat any cheese at your grandma's, I have one friend who see's god knows what at night if she eats cheese.

wow...thats strange. Im pretty sure Indrid didn't hallucinate. It's merely the above statements if he did not infact see the Mothman. I thought I saw the Aurora a few years back because I was researching it, but it turned out to be a mere airliner.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I saw Mothman the other night, he was flying around my light out on the porch. He kept burnin his ass and making a god-awful sound. I'm gunna get me a Bug Zappa and install it out there, and when I get him.

T_T let me guess...You're a hunter. Not cool man.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Sounds like you probably came across a buzzard finishing up some road kill; and the headlight beams and the dark of night made it seem bigger. Or maybe a low flying owl...some of those suckers have large wingspans.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IndridCold

hey you know i belive you,i belive people are seeing somthing,i live in west virgina and i went and talked to the people that saw the mothman,they are good down to earth people and i belive that they saw the mothman,and if you saw somthing like that,who is to say thats not what it was it sounds like mothman,ya know people make fun of what they dont understand,i really do belive you saw somthing....T

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Mothman is commonly mistaken for Mothra, just make sure you don't make sure you don't get caught between Mothra and Godzilla.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ok I was at my grandmas right

No way mate!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Ingrid: Although this is an old post, if you still check this forum, I'd love to talk with you about your sighting. I'm also a Missourian and I write books on the paranormal. I have some questions for you.

Best.

Jason Offutt

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JasonO

For a writer you don't do a lot of research in regards to possible sources do you?

She/he hasn't visited ATS since 2006.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
your not the only seeing flying things me and my buddy seen some large flying creatures also they made a sound that was just unexplainable i went through 100's of bird and predatory bird sounds with no luck were still trying to see them again and get them on tape heres my thread. where are you located?

Large Unidentifiable Flying Creature spotted tonight in AL

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Ok, here we go. I've waited about 3 months before I would write something about this. Im from Mid-Michigan, what Im about to tell u is true, if u dont believe me, that is alright, cause Im not looking to get anything out of this. I live on an approx 3 acre plot surrounded by fields, with a thick woods on the opposite side of the road. I was letting my dog out one night to relieve himself, an 8 yr. old boxer named Maxx, so I took the opportunity to smoke a cigarette. Maxx was running around doing his thing, so I walked out to the perimeter of my property line. A 3/4 moon hung in the sky, so it was pretty light out even at night. As I smoked my cig., for no reason at all, the hair stood up on the back of my neck. I got a real uneasy feeling quick, I dont know why, there was no reason for it at all. My closes neighbor is a half mile away in the other direction in which I was facing. At first I thought it was just my imagination playing with me, as I know all the stories of UFO's, demons, etc. So thinking it was a product of my endless mind processes, I proceeded to walk even further toward the darkness and ditchline, away from the house and into the field. This uneasy feeling did not leave me, as I thought it would. In fact, the farther I got away from my property, the more I felt less safe. I cannot explain the feeling I had, cause still thinking it was all in my mind, something told me things where NOT right! But I proceeded to move farther into the darkness even though my nerves got worse. Finally, SOMETHING told me to stop, turn around & get out of there! Maxx was approx. 100 ft. away from me, sniffing the ground, lifting his leg, doing what dogs do, almost at the road next to the woodline. I called to him, telling him to come back. Then I almost lost it, for what happen next is unbelievable. I saw something swoop in the skyline above, but yet, I would say...300 feet away. And it was fast, a black streak, not quite shapeless, but blury because of its speed! And now this voice inside of me is telling me to turn and run. But I couldnt. But I did start slowly walking backwards. Then I saw another one. Why I say another one? Because it was closer & going in the opposite direction. Then I saw the third as the second dipped below the skyline. That was it. Still this voice was telling me to run back to the house. But I reasoned with it in a split second, "I am not turning my back on these things." So I started shouting very loud to my dog, but he ran down the road into the darkness. Before I knew what I was doing, I bumped into a tree on my property 100 feet from where I first caught sight, all the while watching these things swooping and diving. I kept looking up and they WERE getting closer. They knew I was there, but for some reason kept thier distance from me, but getting closer to me in the sky, almost above now. Maxx was on his own, I knew that. I was at the garage now, and they were still swooping over my property line now. But they were so fast, no sound, but I could see them as plain as day. I know I saw 3, how many there were altogether, I do not know. They were black, I never saw glowing red eyes, because they were flying sideways. But they had wings. Never seened them flap, just glide and diving! They definetely had human forms, long legs trailed behind them. I finally made it back to the house. I live alone...turning on all the lights, even outside porch lights. I continued to call for Maxx the rest of the night, he never came back. This is where it gets weird for me, if this story is not weird enough already. Maxx sometimes runs away, but NEVER for more than an hour! The next day I thought he would be sitting on the front porch, but he wasnt. I took my truck for a drive around the block, and by block I mean 4 country miles. I knew what i saw the night before, I had not forgot it. Thinking perhaps he had been hit by a car, I drove slowly, looking into the ditches, hoping NOT for the worst. I drove 4 times that day around the block, each time getting more and more distressed. That was my Bud, my number 1...Finally around 2;30 that day I saw him coming through the yard, panting and extremely lathargic. He came into the house, drank a whole bowl of water, and collapse. Now I know my dog, this is like something he has never done before. I checked him over closely, and found his left paw to be hurt, he yiped when I touched it. Still thinking he might of got hit, I examined him closer, it wasnt broke, but he was discomforted and exhausted. Now what can I conclude from this? I want to come to the conclusion that these beings were some form of the mothman. But I always thought that the mothman was some type of spirtual being, not saying that they arent physical, but spiritual in essence. But after studying Extraterrestrial Biological Entities, I know they will not pass up an opportunity to study themselves an animal, a dog, a cow, etc. However, the point of me writing this is not to hypothesis this event just yet, but only to document this event for those out there that are not easily dissuaded from AboveTopSecret! Whether it was flying creatures of some kind, or ufo entities, they ARE NOT from here, but do reside in some sort of ecology with us! What, where, & who, is anybodies guess!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kesalon77

Could you write your story in a new thread and broken into paragraphs? That way more people will read it and it will be easier to read; there's no need to revive and old thread and we won't get mixed replies.

Also, if you do, could you detail the description of the three beings? They had human shape, but how tall they were? Did you notice something more than a strange fear? Smell? Did they have heads?

Have you read The Mothman Prophecies or detailed descriptions of Mothman before?

Your story is without doubt really interesting.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I am not going to say you did not have the experience..only you know that.
Not long ago here nw Fl where I live..I think I saw an owl..as something swooped low in the dark close to
me..then a few days later..sure enough..I heard the familiar who who who WHO sound and I knew there
was an owl..only I did not think about an owl being the low flying bird I had seen until I heard the hoot.
It lasted one night..have not heard that owl since. drats too..sometimes you can see a lone hawk sailing
overhead in this area ( not far from wooded areas ) as well as other birds. I would not go looking for it..
it may have just been passing through..lucky you..something that big well...it could do a lot of damage.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Man, I don't know if that story is true or not, but either way I hope the dog is okay

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

www.youtube.com...
also think i saw something or read where angel in church looked like a butterfly but do not quote me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join