It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some more Copernicus Anomalies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Here are a couple more anomalies I spotted in the Copernicus Crater. I have included on each photo my wildly speculative interpretation of each "object"
No claims here, but they are interesting.

Hopup

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopup Dave

Hi mate, have you got larger images of these two? The top one looks slightly familiar I will check my photo files...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Those are some very interesting photos. I have no idea what they are. To me, the first one resembles an army tank with a cannon.

Who knows....

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Doghead: These I enlarged from the original titled Copernicus 5Full. I think it was from the Keith Laney archives - not sure now, though. I can't look for it now, but I will later tomorrow.

Hopup

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Interdimensional_87

I thought it looked like an inter-steller speed cop hiding in a speed trap! The Apollo craft probably got ticket for going too slow.

Hopup

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Hopup Dave]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopup Dave

The first one looks like it was airbrushed to me..

In the bottom photo, look on the sunlit ridge that cuts the lower right diagonal beneath and to the right of your anomaly: seems like another one. A smaller conical object pointed more or less into the corner of the frame, with stubby square winglets on each side.

--The maintenance truck

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

gottago: Yes, I saw that one also, and the "saucer" thingy does looked airbrushed or spray painted with radar absorbing paint (LOL).

The copernicus crater is full of strange blocks, cubes, triangles, spheres and other weird shapes - like a junkyard! Every time I look at it I see something new - probably should stop looking at it!

Hopup

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If I had time, I would have condicted a double blind test:

post photos of terrestrial mountainscape, slightly processed so as to be a little grainy and blurry as the Lunar pics blow ups, and have "experts" look at the mix of two. Just how many star cruisers, laser cannons, bucket excavators and nuclear power plants will the experts see in the wilderness pics from Utah and Republic of Kazakhstan?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
That's actually been done!

The results were predictable but still shocking... Yes indeed people see stuff anywhere when the resolution is just that little bit lumpy.

Having said that- there have been a lot of credible observations of transient lunar phenomena, from glows, gases and ice to less readily understandable things.

I find it fascinating.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That second pic looks like some sort of alien sex toy.

Just what are they doing up there?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey
That second pic looks like some sort of alien sex toy.

The first one, too (a "venus butterfly"). The second looks like a dildo. Who knows, maybe there are secret space tourists visiting Moon already. Did you see the transient lunar phenomena?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopup Dave
Doghead: These I enlarged from the original titled Copernicus 5Full.

If its labeled Copernicus 5 you got it from here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We called it Cop #5 as it is the fith image in our set of 5 thought the first 4 are four parts of the same image LO-II-162... Cop #5 is LO-5-155

[edit on 23-1-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon: Yep, that's probably it. I also have the image that was taken from (LO-5-155). Did anybody else notice these anomalies? I don't recall them being singled out in that thread, but that was a rather long one and I could have missed something.
Somewhere in that image there is another object which looks a lot like the second one (the so called sex toy). I have been back over that image about ten times at 1400 magnification and can't find it again.

Hopup

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Hopup Dave]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Hopup Dave]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

Speaking of "gases"

And one for fun:

Again, from Image Copernicus_5Full

Hopup

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Lunar Orbiter Digitization Project has pretty good 25 MB scans. They are less contrasted and show more details. Get vhr_5155_med_raw.tif.gz and maybe some more (5151-5157) for a comparison. Better pictures, less imagination...

(edit to add this completely meaningless observation)
Still, the first one looks like a horse's head to me on all pics.

[edit on 2008-1-24 by nablator]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopup Dave
Did anybody else notice these anomalies? I don't recall them being singled out in that thread, but that was a rather long one and I could have missed something.

Yes it seems like you might have missed something

Anomalies by Name
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Anomalies by Grid
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Anomalies as they were first found in the thread...
www.thelivingmoon.com...

But I am sure we did not get them all
, though I don't have time to duplicate the thread here

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
According to John Lear in the other thread:

LO-5-155 has been retouched which is obvious from others photos I have of 155. The other photo I am refering to is published in "Exploring the Moon Through Binoculars and Small Telescopes by Ernest H. Cherrington, Jr. published in Canada by the General Publishing Co. Toronto, copyright 1969, 1984.

Sorry no artifacts there. NAZA removed them all.

However, finding evidence of editing on these pictures would be just as good, or even better. Pointing out the exact location of obvious airbrushed artifacts should be easy to a fortunate possessor of this book.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

That was interesting! In the first photo of this thread where I drew the "saucer" like interpretation, the object is not an airbrushed attempt at obscuring, rather it is fairly well defined shape that does not fit the surrounding terrain. There appears to be definite swirled ribs around a circular cone shape. If it was airbrushed in it is a good "easter egg".

Hopup

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

There appears to be definite swirled ribs around a circular cone shape.

Swirled? If you look at the parts of the picture with a similar shade of grey you will see vertical stripes all over the place. A scanning artifact obviously.

Cone shaped? It looks rather flat to me, no dark shadows.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Scan lines would be either vertical or horizontal where as the lines I see have a curve similar to what I had drawn, maybe not quite as pronounced though. This, I think could be evidence of a lava flow of a rather limited nature. The lines are also much more pronounced than you find in the other gray areas, or perhaps that is an illusion created by the more contrasting colors around it.

It is interesting how imperfect the human eye is and how shape dependent the human brain is. But, considering that all of our senses are only interpretations by the brain of electrical impulses, not to mention our limited visual spectrum range, it is a wonder we are aware of our environment at all. Our senses are only aware of the limited range it takes to survive and suppresses all the rest as useless noise.

Hopup

top topics

<<   2 >>

join