It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sasquatch Theory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Hi, I'm new to Walla Walla and have spent some time recently in the Mill Creek area and recently found some prints that may be of interest. I'm writing to ask if you be interested in teaming up and comparing notes or maybe showing me areas around here that are hotspots. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaysrule5

I think its entirely possible for this creature to remain hidden. There are many animals that are very good at staying out of sight. And if this bigfoot creature has remarkable senses(especially hearing and smell) it would be able to anticipate someone coming or identify where humans have been(trailcams) and avoid those areas. Not to mention a creature that is 8ft tall would have an unbelieveable stride and if it uses similar locomotion as humans, it would be able to move at incredible speeds. And in thick woods it would be easy to hide and escape.

I will use this example and try to find the source later. My dad has a book about the habits and behaviors of different animals in the Midwest, deer, elk, bear, raccoons, etc. In the deer section it talks about an experiment that was done(I do not have it handy so i'm a trying to remember the specifics) where they released ~10 white tail deer in a fenced in area, I think it was 1-2 acres. Then they put some people out there to try to find or see the deer in this enclosed wooded area. I believe that in 2 weeks time, no one saw one of those deer. I will find out what the book is called and get the exact details at a later date.

I have spent a lot of time in the woods and you do come across deer but usually, they hear or smell you first and you only catch a glimpse of their white tails flashing between trees. And they are usually completely out of sight and hearing distance within 10 seconds.

So, if bigfoot has the senses of an animal and the intelligence of a primate or better. I do not find it hard to believe that it could stay hidden.

And with regards to a carcass, if you have spent any time in the woods, you will know that it is not really that common to find the carcass of any animals. There are enough scavengers and other animals that will consume a carcass very quickly. And bacteria and maggots will do the rest. Bones are usually dragged off and scattered so you never see them all in one place either. Once in awhile you will find a bone but very rarely. and after fall and winter good luck finding anything the next spring. Leaves will cover most everything and decomposition will finish the job.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I also thought I would share a story my dad told me. He used to spend a lot of time in the woods in the 60s -80s hunting raccoons and bear. He usually had several hunting dogs(Plot Hounds mostly). Now if you are not familiar with bear hunting with dogs, I will explain it to you briefly and please try not to judge on the animal rights side of this.

Usually a group of people would go into the woods with several (10-12) dogs and send the dogs out to find a track or scent of a bear. When they found one the dogs would follow it and the hunters would follow the barking dogs. The dogs would corner the bear or force it up a tree, where the hunter would then arrive and shoot the bear. Now the types of dogs that do this are trained very well and completely fearless. These dogs would actually attack a bear without thinking twice. In fact my dad has seen dogs killed by bears during these hunts.

Anyway, I had asked my dad one time if he had ever seen or experienced anything strange in the woods during his hunting days. Now as I said he used to also hunt raccoon for the hides(very popular for clothing in the 70s). The process for hunting them is similar to hunting bear but on a smaller scale. He would take a couple dogs out in the woods(sometimes by himself, sometimes with someone.), usually at night because of the nocturnal nature of raccoons. So one night he went out by himself with two plot hounds to hunt some raccoons. I would also note that this was in an area where there were not bear or any large animals. It was not a very successful night, the dogs were not finding any trails. My dad was getting ready to head back to the truck when the dogs took off as if they heard or smelled something. So my dad started following their barking. He could hear the dogs getting ahead of him as the barking got a little quieter, then the barking stopped and the dogs began yiping and they were running back towards him. The dogs proceeded to run right by him and back towards the truck, unresponsive to his commands.
This totally freaked my dad out because, like i said these were well trained fearless dogs and they just ran away from something with their tails between their legs, and didnt even slow down when commanded to. My dad took this as a good que to get the hell out of there so he hurried back to the truck as well, where the dogs were waiting for him.

Now, I know this story is probably a little disappointing because my dad never heard or saw anything but the reaction of these dogs should be a sign that there was something out there that was not a normal animal. Remember these are dogs that would fight a bear without hesitation and this was an area that did not have bears. I cannot say what scared the dogs and neither can my dad but it scared him that the dogs ran from something and has stuck in his head as a very strange non-encounter in the woods. Never before or after had my dads dogs ever backed down from anything on the hunt, nothing, not bear, not wolves, nothing.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join