It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magazines containing ancient and lost civilizations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i wasnt to sure if this was the right place for this post but does anyone know of any monthly magazine based on the ancient and lost civilizations?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If you want to search for "lost" civilizations (ie written by those that people with no knowledge of history wishing to $$$ in on cause they can make up whatever they want about it), then books is your best bet I would say. Other than that, internet of course.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by merka]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
You might check into achology (spelled correctly) mags, but I'm not thinking there will be what you are looking for.

What are you looking for?

are you looking for learning? You my friend have to do that bit for yourself. It requires your own reasoning out of these things.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
i am looking for something similar to national geographic,figured maybe there was a mag that would have subjects like ufo`s,ancient cultures...basically something similar to the info on this website.more along the lines of archeology,and the unexplained.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I doubt you'll find a magazine with what you seek. National Geographic is a very large magazine and articles pop up all the time: the more "mystical" fields of archeology isnt large and you'd run out of articles real fast. Most talk about lost civilizations is regurgitating what someone else said decades ago, why it often come out in book form (after a while you can cash in on another slightly different book with the same content).

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by scott33

Heres a list of links that i use regularly to find out whats happening, research and to learn. Theres a number of other good ones but this should be enough to get you started.
I think you'd be better of researching from these more mainstream sites before heading into some of the more alternative sites, that way you'll at least have a good basic knowledge before jumping into the deep end.

Probably wouldnt hurt joining up at your local library either, they pretty much cover all topics including those outside of mainstream thinking.

Good luck.

www.archaeology.org

www.archaeologica.org

www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient

cumuseum.colorado.edu

news.nationalgeographic.com

www.sacred-texts.com

science.physorg.com

anthropology.net

ourworld.compuserve.com

www.satellitediscoveries.com/discoveries

www.hallofmaat.com

Cheers mojo

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cltcam
www.atlantisrising.com...

I recently subscribed to this magazine and enjoy it a lot.

Also there is The New Archaeology Review

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Damn you guys beat me to the punch. I was going to say Atlantis Rising. I came across it at the Magazine section at Chapters some time ago.

new topics

top topics

join