It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Mahdi Of Muslims Is Alive

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
I am not totally up on all of the history of Mahdi, but given the info that I have read in the past, I am lead to think that Lord Maitreya could possibly be either the Antichrist or Mahdi.

If you have never heard of Maitreya, he is supposed to be a world leader that will arrive on Earth to unite mankind under 1 world religion. His spokesman, which is kind of odd for a potential messiah to have, claims that Maitreya is waiting for the right time to emerge at which time we will be able to hear what he is saying to us within the confines of our own minds.

According to his spokesman, Maitreya has appeared several times in the past by showing up and vanishing into thin air. This is all highly subject, but I just wanted to throw it into the mix, given the vast amount of unknowns with regard to Mahdi.

The person you speak of also is IMO another False prophet, and strangely using the name of The Buddha of the Future.

Maitreya Bodhisattva (Sanskrit) or Metteyya Bodhisatta (Pāli) is a future Buddha of this world in Buddhist eschatology.Maitreya is a Bodhisattva who in the Buddhist tradition is to appear on Earth, achieve complete enlightenment, and teach the pure Dharma. Maitreya Bodhisattva will be a successor of the historic Śākyamuni Buddha. The prophecy of the arrival of Maitreya is found in the canonical literature of all Buddhist sects (Theravāda, Mahāyāna, Vajrayāna) and is accepted by most Buddhists as a statement about an actual event that will take place in the distant future.

Maitreya

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Other than the president of Iran and the Twelver Sect that believes the Mahdi's arrival is imminent (as in 2-3 years) what is the general view regarding his arrival? Is he believed to be alive right now or still in occlusion?

What do you mean by 'occlusion?' Do you mean, perhaps, occultation? Being hidden?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Other than the president of Iran and the Twelver Sect that believes the Mahdi's arrival is imminent (as in 2-3 years) what is the general view regarding his arrival? Is he believed to be alive right now or still in occlusion?

Really ...let me tell you

in the begining of 2007 there is alot of voices that start to talk
from arab sunna that he is alive and he will appear ?
even in the gulf society they talk about he is alive
in there are arabs that belive that.

and nothing happend until know..!!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
What do you mean by 'occlusion?' Do you mean, perhaps, occultation? Being hidden?

Haha. Yes. I used "occultation" in my first replies then for some reason switched over to the incorrect term occlusion. So, I'm wondering if the Mahdi is still in occultation as he went into hiding at the age of five. However, he is supposed to reappear as a man in his 40's. It makes me think, due to their belief in his imminent appearance, that he is already out of occultation and is waiting until his body is the same as being 40 years old to make himself known?

Originally posted by Meshary
Really ...let me tell you

in the begining of 2007 there is alot of voices that start to talk
from arab sunna that he is alive and he will appear ?
even in the gulf society they talk about he is alive
in there are arabs that belive that.

and nothing happend until know..!!

Well, they said he would appear in a year or two and it isn't 2009 quite yet. Thanks for letting me know some believe he is alive, though.

[edit on 1/31/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Text Sufi Views

Here is a view of the Mahdi from a Sufi website.

ahmedbaki.com...

It's a very interesting view which includes a potential time frame. You can take time to read it, its only one page.

I'll give some quotes

"Again, in accordance with the explanations of the Rasool of Allah, the duty of this person is ‘to explain the religion of Islam according to the understanding of the present time’ and to show that the religion is not just something that belongs to the people of the ancient days. In this way, he would manage the means to direct them towards the truth."

"Similarly, it is a common belief in the Islamic world that the Doomsday is going to take place before the year 1600 according to Islamic calendar. This is being derived from the answer given to the following question that is asked to Hz. Mohammad:-

‘O! The Rasool (Messenger) of Allah, when would the Doomsday take place?

He answers:

-If my community goes on the right path, it will be after the year 1000!"

[edit on 31-1-2008 by HThought]

[edit on 31-1-2008 by HThought]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So the Mahdi & Jesus team up to defeat the anti-christ and we are all pawns, essentially. If indeed the world is coming to end given all the signs based upon the world religions, I am not happy about having to live in this time. Hoping for the best and expecting the worst is where I am at and I do not appreciate being treated like a pawn by anyone's God.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I forgot to add one thing, the original temple in Israel has not been rebuilt yet, I do belive that was one of the signs to signal the end of the world. That may change over the next four years I guess.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

The temple is required to exist in the last days, yes. A foundation called "The Temple Institute" has already created the required utensils and priests are already in training to fulfill temple duties. A location is available in Shiloh so we're not sure if they are going to build there or if they are waiting for the temple mount to be opened up. Some personally believe the permission to rebuild the temple will be part of the treaty the Antichrist confirms. Others believe it will happen after the war/invasion mentioned in Ezekiel.

There are four major signs regarding Israel in the last days. First, Israel has to exist as a sovereign united nation. This happened in 1948. The Jews had to be regathered to the land (this has been an ongoing process ever since 1917). Jerusalem had to be under Israeli domination (this happened in 1967). The last one to come is the third Jewish temple and that is already in the works.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Haha. Yes. I used "occultation" in my first replies then for some reason switched over to the incorrect term occlusion. So, I'm wondering if the Mahdi is still in occultation as he went into hiding at the age of five. However, he is supposed to reappear as a man in his 40's. It makes me think, due to their belief in his imminent appearance, that he is already out of occultation and is waiting until his body is the same as being 40 years old to make himself known?

Being hidden does not necessarily mean the Mahdi has been in a body all this time...a seed may be hidden as may a soul...living other lives doing small work toward the Great Work until the lifetime as the Mahdi begins.

There is a wide variety of opinions on what 'occultation' really means among Islam - no specific description has ever been written/found.

Well, they said he would appear in a year or two and it isn't 2009 quite yet. Thanks for letting me know some believe he is alive, though.

The Mahdi is currently 39 years old and will be 40 in 2008. That's when the sudden appearance will manifest.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The temple is required to exist in the last days, yes. A foundation called "The Temple Institute" has already created the required utensils and priests are already in training to fulfill temple duties. A location is available in Shiloh so we're not sure if they are going to build there or if they are waiting for the temple mount to be opened up. Some personally believe the permission to rebuild the temple will be part of the treaty the Antichrist confirms. Others believe it will happen after the war/invasion mentioned in Ezekiel.

Surely, Ashley, you realize that the third and final perfect temple will not be built by men's hands of bricks and stones.

It is the human body. No longer a tabernacle (fleshly body still bound by ego/sin) but a temple, cleansed and fitted for service unto the Most High GOD be serving as the everlasting dwelling place of his SPIRIT..

Ephesians 2:
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together grows unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are built together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

AND

1 Corinthians 3:
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Being hidden does not necessarily mean the Mahdi has been in a body all this time...a seed may be hidden as may a soul...living other lives doing small work toward the Great Work until the lifetime as the Mahdi begins.

There is a wide variety of opinions on what 'occultation' really means among Islam - no specific description has ever been written/found.

I understand. Some believe he even died and some believe he is only in hiding until the appointed time. Like you, I've heard different takes so it doesn't really matter either way what happened- just how/when he will return. At least that is the only thing I'm worried about.

The Mahdi is currently 39 years old and will be 40 in 2008. That's when the sudden appearance will manifest.

Thank you so much. Do you know why they believe this? I know he is supposed to be 40 at his appearance but where did you get he is believed to be 39 now and why is it believed by your source?

It is the human body. No longer a tabernacle (fleshly body still bound by ego/sin) but a temple, cleansed and fitted for service unto the Most High GOD be serving as the everlasting dwelling place of his SPIRIT..

See, that is what we (Christians) believe. The Jews do not endorse the New Testament (where the verses you quoted are found). We personally have no use for the temple because we are told our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit who indwells all believers.

But the Orthodox Jews still believe it is necessary, which is why they are working on preparations. Jesus also mentions Orthodox Old Testament Law abiding Jews and the temple existing in the end times in His Olivet discourse. Even they are split, though. Some believe it should be built prior to the Messiah while others believe the Messiah Himself will build it. This is also why some believe the agreement of the Antichrist will include the rebuilding of the temple (although this is only speculation and not explicitly stated in the Bible) and that many Jews will mistake him for the Messiah (this is alluded to in the Bible with the analogy of them rejecting the Good Shepherd [Jesus] but accepting the Evil Shepherd [the Antichrist]).

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thank you so much. Do you know why they believe this?

I don't know if or why they believe this. It is of my own understanding.

I know he is supposed to be 40 at his appearance but where did you get he is believed to be 39 now and why is it believed by your source?

Well, it is more a case of me believing my source. And IN my source. Because my source of knowledge is THE source of all things and therefore what I am told is because it is what it is to be. So far everything I've been told has come to pass or has been proven some other way, if it is not of the future but of the present or past. 100% accuracy. If you get what I'm saying.

Please understand, though, that doesn't apply to all my words or discussions or even thoughts. I still have my own ideas and express my own opinions (and try to clarify them as such)...but when I ask to know/understand something I do not, THAT is when I am told these sorts of things that are flawlessly accurate. Just so you know it's not me nor am I taking any credit for any of it whatsoever. Most of the time what I say is just discussion. I just happened to get this flash today since it seems many are wondering this question for very deep reasons.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that happens which is beyond GOD's will.

♥ 2 U!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Well, it is more a case of me believing my source. And IN my source. Because my source of knowledge is THE source of all things and therefore what I am told is because it is what it is to be. So far everything I've been told has come to pass or has been proven some other way, if it is not of the future but of the present or past. 100% accuracy. If you get what I'm saying.

Oh! My curiosity is killing me after you saying that!

What is your source? I assumed it was the Hadith or a Muslim but it doesn't sound like it due to the way you phrased your reply. What is your source if you do not mind me asking? U2U me if you need to. I promise not to criticize in any way.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

i don't fear criticism but your courtesy and sincerity is extremely gracious and appreciated.

But think about it...what is the one source that can be 100% accurate? I think you know!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Will Gandhi burn forever?
Who did Buddha harm?

I feel your pain, truly. Those two were more "righteous" than many Christians. But as we are told, our righteousness is as filthy rags because our works (good or bad) do not determine our final destination. It is all determined by grace. That is the Christian belief. Totally off topic but I didn't want to ignore your question.

What evidence is there that anyone believes that The Mahdi is alive at present?

I honestly don't think there is any hardcore evidence that he is alive right now. They simply believe this due to what world events seem to be pointing to. Many Christians also believe the Antichrist is alive somewhere right at this moment. We also have no proof whatsoever- we just think so by understanding the prophecies that seem to imply we are in "the time." It could be another one hundred years for all anyone knows, though.

Who allegedly is The Mahdi?

I really wish some Muslims would jump into this topic because I would much rather hear their opinion on such things but for some reason seem to be avoiding the topic. I'm only going on hearsay and what I have read. Hopefully they will chime in.

The "Mahdi" was believed to be a descendant of Mohammad and who is known as the twelfth or hidden Imam (basically, an Islamic religious leader). They believe he went into what they call occlusion (hiding) in the 7th century or so at the age of five and will appear again on the world scene in the near future.

Here....Chiming in: I'm Muslim and I believe in Enki, Enil, and YHWEH at this point. Sorry, but the facts are just pointing to that scenario for me more than anything else. The day I go Koran Thumpin is the day you stop Bible Thumpin.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I personally don't think that any of the details, that humans are so consumed/preoccupied/obsessed with, truly matter at all...because after all...

THERE IS JUST ONE GOD:
♥ the GOD of the living ♥
♥ the GOD of right now ♥
♥ the KING of the Universe ♥
♥ Creator of US ALL ♥

GOD IS

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ashley,

About that temple... Yeah, see... It's already been rebuilt. The Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque are built on the complex, and are holy places dedicated to the same god as the original temple.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Although some believe the mosque is the third temple (I disagree) some also believe it is the prophesied abomination of desolation (I disagree). Others believe the temple mount is not even where Herod's temple stood (not sure if I agree with this either) but on some other location. Then there is the group that believe the temple with be rebuilt in Shiloh (possible) or on the current temple mount if the mosque is destroyed in the war of Ezekiel or if the covenant with the Antichrist makes concessions for the third (strictly Jewish) temple (also possibilities).

Because there is so much speculation, I'm sitting with my hands folded in my lap to see how it turns out although I do have my own opinion as to how it will happen.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Some interesting thoughts on the temple which I was unaware of. With current state of things escalating now many of the mosque destruction theories may have some substance. Anyone hear about AlQueda coming to aid Hamas? How long will Iran stay idle? Scary times we live in

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I know from saudi friend that the mahdi now in saudia arabia

and he is a young man

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join