It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mortgage company exec jumps to death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Mortgage company exec jumps to death

news.yahoo.com

An executive of a collapsed subprime mortgage lender jumped to his death from a bridge Friday, shortly after his wife's body was found inside their New Jersey home, authorities said.
The deaths of Walter Buczynski, 59, and his wife, Marci, 37 — the parents of two boys — were being investigated as a murder-suicide, according to the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Was wondering when this was going to start happening. I'm unfortunately not familiar with this company. This is the first suicide I've seen related to the "mortgage meltdown". I don't expect it to be the last. On a conspiratorial note, we should be looking for strange deaths in finance as things evolve with that situation.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
And so it begins...

...next stop Wall Street.

I think we're due for more than just a recession, or even a depression. I think we're on the brink of outright total collapse of the global economy. The elites are going to call all debts due and horde everything they can get their hands on just in time for 2012.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
yeah i expect to see a lot more of this. every time theres any form of economic collapse of any strength or market theres a spike in suicides. now the murder suicide angle is just horrible. yeah i expect this may be the first of many.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sounds like more a crime of passion. If it was just the meltdown why did he have to take his wife out. Try again.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It is not uncommon for a man who can no longer support his family try to take his family with him in death. I knew a guy who blew his whole family away with a shotgun one morning out on the train tracks. Wife, little kids, even the baby. She (the wife) tried to run carrying the baby. The crime scene was a terrible sight.

Or maybe he just put up with her crap for years and always wanted to kill her. Then he figured he might as well git-r-done if he was checking out anyway. Could be why he didn't take the kids out too.

[edit on 1/18/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I agree, why the hell would you kill your wife if your suicidal. Wouldn't you want your kids to at least have a surviving parent since you decided selfishly that you "can't take it anymore"?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
for the life of me oi cant remember the name but there is a acthualy pschologicly documented phenomenon where the husband feels he has failed and can no longer suport his family and either kills them all ro kills himself because he belives there basicly better of dead then left with out a provider figure espicialy during a time of crisis.

top topics

join