It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's Son to be a PEACE ACTIVIST!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Bin Laden's Son to be a PEACE ACTIVIST!

news.yahoo.com

Omar lived with the al-Qaida leader in Sudan, then moved with him to Afghanistan in 1996.

There, Omar says he trained at an al-Qaida camp but in 2000 he decided there must be another way and he left his father, returning to his homeland of Saudi Arabia.

"I don't want to be in that situation to just fight. I like to find another way and this other way may be like we do now, talking," he said in English.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I find this fascinating and very interesting for those that believe in only one way streets. I would love to hear others thoughts to kick-start the discussion.

Myself, I am intrigued by the news.

AAC

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Myself, I am intrigued by the news.

Well, yeah so was I, but for cheaper more titillating reasons. The Daily Mail had a story about it a few days ago, he is trying to get a visa to England with his wife who is some cougar old enough to be his grandmother, and they are trying for a surrogate baby.

So that sort of makes it a little harder to take him seriously. He seems sort of like a wonky yet good hearted son of a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Give the kid a chance, it's not like this is unprecedented. For example, in the old testament the good lord himself was a holy terror, Then along came his kid Jesus talking about turn the other cheek and love thy neighbor and all that good stuff. Look how that worked out.

I'm willing to give a peacemaker all the help he can use, as long as his actions reflect a true search for peace.

Lets see how he plays it out.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Paloma

Actions speak louder than words. Who cares if he marries a 50+ year old, love is ageless (unless under 18).

Perhaps he's a kook. But perhaps he's a kook who can spread peace.

We'll see.

AAC

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

In the UK it's 16

This isn't a one line post... Quite the opposite if you count all the spaces...

Must be up to a few lines by now...

EDIT: On topic... Good for him in that he didn't follow his dad into the family business. Shame he is hooked up with a GILF though...

[edit on 17/1/08 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

GILF?

Well, just goes to show that there's always an exception to the old adages. Such as, "The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree".

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wow, one little snippet story and this guy is a hero around here? Don't forget he trained to be a terrorist and deception is a key philosophy.
I say snag em and send em to Gitmo.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
See the pics of him? Looks like he's a member of the Milli Vanilli cover band.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Don't forget he trained to be a terrorist and deception is a key philosophy.

Yes, because looking like Mili Vanili and having a GILF is a cooool cover.

But really, can you imagine how awful it must be to carve an identity out from under his father. Yikes.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Wow, one little snippet story and this guy is a hero around here? Don't forget he trained to be a terrorist and deception is a key philosophy.
I say snag em and send em to Gitmo.

I completely agree, let's send people to prison's for the sins of their fathers. In fact let's go back to the old system where you did what your parents did. Grew up poor making shoes? That's what you'll do whether you like it or not, I'm excited to be a part of this system.

End sarcasm.

I say let's wait until he actually does something wrong and/or shows intent to do something wrong. Besides, I can't wait to hear about how the family reunion goes.

[edit on 1/17/2008 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paloma
he is trying to get a visa to England with his wife who is some cougar old enough to be his grandmother, and they are trying for a surrogate baby

Oh come on. She looks barely old enough to be his mother. It's him who looks old.

As for the visa...
... he's coming to cheshire! The guy will be living a few miles from me!

Maybe I should befriend him and we can do an interview for ATS. How's that?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Shame he is hooked up with a GILF though...
[edit on 17/1/08 by stumason]

Yikes. She's not even close to being bangably hot. I heard that she was married something like four, five times? Like tossing a hotdog down a hallway.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Okay, though, is it just not a deliciously surreal story though? I mean how bad is this guy tweaking his father while finding him self?

I smell a new reality TV show

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Maybe I should befriend him and we can do an interview for ATS. How's that?

Take him a neighborhood welcoming gift. An ATS login and Avatar.

He could be a Subject Matter Expert on "Freedom Fighting."

AAC

MBF

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, with an "old lady" that looks like that, I can understand why he doesn't want to spend all his time fighting for some stupid cause.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
Well, with an "old lady" that looks like that, I can understand why he doesn't want to spend all his time fighting for some stupid cause.

Yeah she's not bad at all

Well good for him, it sounds to me like he means what he says.

He bears no responsibility for his father's actions.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Why is Bin Laden's daughter-in-law more interesting than anything else? Did you have a suspicion this would turn to the lowest common denominator?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The quality of replies from ATS members has seriously declined over the past year. Someone should check to see if there is a conspiracy with that.

top topics

join