It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptilians A Breakdown of a few evolutionary facts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is probably a crazy thought... but

Is it entirely possible that when ancient texts make reference to a race of 'reptilians' they may actually be referring to an advanced race of dinosaur. One that evolved from some branch of the dinosaur family over millions of years, and that escaped whatever extinction event decimated their brethren? To all intents and purposes their appearance would be reptilian, though they would in all probability be warm-blooded.

Just a stray thought, mind you... but I do remember, many years ago I saw an artist's impression of what a dinosaur might have evolved into if they hadn't become extinct and allowed memmals to take over. The result was very much like the typical pictures of grey aliens that you see, except with a slightly 'reptilian' look to it

As an aside, I find the idea of the human race having been genetically engineered and brought here from elsewhere quite an appealing one... don't ask me why

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
This is probably a crazy thought... but

Is it entirely possible that when ancient texts make reference to a race of 'reptilians' they may actually be referring to an advanced race of dinosaur. One that evolved from some branch of the dinosaur family over millions of years, and that escaped whatever extinction event decimated their brethren? To all intents and purposes their appearance would be reptilian, though they would in all probability be warm-blooded.

Just a stray thought, mind you... but I do remember, many years ago I saw an artist's impression of what a dinosaur might have evolved into if they hadn't become extinct and allowed memmals to take over. The result was very much like the typical pictures of grey aliens that you see, except with a slightly 'reptilian' look to it

As an aside, I find the idea of the human race having been genetically engineered and brought here from elsewhere quite an appealing one... don't ask me why

Hey I don't exactly mind being a science experiment either. I just wish they'd let me in on some of the specifics.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

So what do you think of my 'advanced dinosaur' hypothesis?...

Unlikely? Impossible? Complete and utter nonesensical tosh?

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Dagar]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

No, it isn't non-sense. Fact is, any creature with sufficient amounts of time could potentially develop the cerebral cortex or some much more advanced form of Neural processing. But you can't just group dinosaurs together as one species. The evolutionary patterns will be different from species to species. Which is why there are still apes around today. Some developed rudimentary forms of intelligence, and some didn't..We went for the Gold here. Besides evolutionary sciences have irrefutably linked certain species of dinos as birds. So that's a whole class of animal we can account for. The rest didn't make it far and we can account for them in fossil records. We have yet to discover(And one would think you would even if they are alive today)any remains of bipedal life forms that aren't hominids. Now if we can discover a bipedal (humanoid)reptoid then I will swallow everything I have ever written against reptilians or said against the idea. It stands to reason really, we've found fossilized hominids all over the world, we've even had very well preserved hominids uncovered by archaeologists. If we find one that is reptilian, then I will be impressed.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Our theories match then. I believe we were at the very least, genetically engineered. However, the Standard Model of Reptilians evolving on Earth doesn't work with what we know of Reptile behaviors on Earth and we can accurately track they're evolution since for a very long time they were the dominant species on Earth and we do share the traits of the lower brain with them. The extraterrestrial hypothesis that is popular amongst people makes little sense as well. Alien species shows up to alien world, ignores environment, and goes underground for no apparent reason. Underground where it is full of toxic gases, magma flows, seismic activity, no food, no sunlight. None of that makes sense, even if they don't follow the reptile model of living. The whole thing just sounds stupid and pseudo-scientific.

The case for reptile like aliens is very compelling when one looks at the Bible and other religious texts. But to construct some sort of fictitious apparatus that no one will ever prove or disprove is just another ploy to make money by charlatans like Icke.

I'm currently working on the outlandish theory that Stargate the TV show and film, are actually alot closer to the idea than I had originally thought. What happened to the serpent in the garden? His legs were removed? He was a parasite, or a symbiote as they call it on the show, and infested a host body (the original meaning of possession perhaps?), which I believe is depicted on a statue from Enki's city of Eridu, circa 4000 BC.

So the idea that they were specifically underground because it said the serpent would eat dirt, was not quite accurate. See this post:
(take my word on this, there's definitely something to this theory, you'll see what i mean (Especially if you know the ancient texts)
READ THIS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Stargate SG-1 episode 200. Entitled 200. Show follows plausible deniability theme.

I'm the biggest SG fan you'll ever know of. I know every episode, every instance of (Government Plausible deniability theme) and I know ALOT about the knowledge in the thread you posted. Believe me, it makes me wonder too.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Stargate SG-1 episode 200. Entitled 200. Show follows plausible deniability theme.

I'm the biggest SG fan you'll ever know of. I know every episode, every instance of (Government Plausible deniability theme) and I know ALOT about the knowledge in the thread you posted. Believe me, it makes me wonder too.

oh! your brains i must pick! lol erm, your thoughts i must know? erm....
hmm... can i ask you questions privately on the subject?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You can ask me whatever you wish.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I put as much stock into David Icke as I do in religious dogma. And now he's on this "we're living in the matrix" kick. Just how much more crap does he expect people to buy? ... They read it in a book and it's irrefutable evidence? First it's government, then it's government controlled by reptiles, then it government controlled by reptiles in the matrix. Doesn't this sound stupid to ANYONE BUT ME!

- We are all imperfect beings, so just because the man has made a few mistakes (like Alex Jones, you, me, & everybody), but just because it seems just a little TOO strange for you, that doesn't mean it's just a bunch of naive people 'buying ' the 'crap'. You are a fan of the disclosureproject, so you must've seen that they had classified at least 15 different species.... - Reptilians are reported in some abduction cases, & what you missed in books such as 'The Biggest Secret' are a few irrefutable FACTS that explain how many different religions were created in order to cause conflict; Divide & conquer. - But let me break it down for ya; (It's pretty simple, really)

---> There are STRANGER beings out there, but the Reptilians were on Mars, destroyed their world, the Martians went to the far side of the Moon, & later came to Earth, & they are what the ancient civilizations describe as 'fallen angels'. - They presented themselves as Gods, & later when the people figured out what was really going on, the Reps went 'undercover' & interbred with us to form a hybrid race. - If you think this is ridiculous, then why do the Mayans, and all the other cultures that had pyramids describe their leaders as being Lizard men??? - And why is it that when you trace the geneological records of almost everyone whohas been in poweer, (gov & monarchy), why is it that they are the same Bloodline? the same family ? - To maintain the hybrid race.

- Oh, and almost forgot; We don't live in a computer generated reality, but we make our own reality by interacting with the World , & thus making our lives.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join