It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptilians A Breakdown of a few evolutionary facts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
For quite a few years authors such as David Icke have presented the world with ideas of Reptilian overlords living underground in cities they've constructed over the millenia. But no one of this mind, as far as I've been able to discern, has presented how this is possible within the context of EARTH's evolutionary history. I will make this attempt.
First, there was a post by a person here on ATS asking why reptilians as opposed to anything else. People gave valid responses. Responses based on the myth of the reptile in religion and what not. Good place to start but it doesn't address a very important issue. How did these Reptilian overlords come about?

Well, they didn't. it comes down to simple evolutionary science. The human brain is made up of 3 primary layers which are as follows:
The Reptilian: Governs aggression, and territorial tendencies.
The Mammal:This layer governs our emotions.
The Cerebral Cortex: Governs cognitive reasoning and critical thinking. No internet without it basically.

Lets take a look at basic reptile behaviours and physiology. We'll start with basic needs: A) Most reptiles require heat and light for metabolic processes. UV A and UV B are also extremely important. Secondly, they need a humidity index of between 65, and 85 percent, this is also needed for metabolizing nutrients, and to aid the shedding of skin. Reptiles do not live in any sort of organized cohabitation, they are extremely territorial and aggressive. After a reptile lays it's eggs it just buries them and walks off(Not always the case, Crocs and Gators guard them). There is NO nursing period at all, these are NOT nurturing creatures of any degree. Most reptiles are born with the tools they need to survive. Some do some don't. It's a matter of which can establish dominance over their environment and aggressiveness protect it, including from members of their own species. Reptiles may look like they live together, but in fact, they only tolerate eachother. And your pet snake isn't trying to kill you because most snakes won't attack something it can't fit in their mouths. Detecting a pattern yet?

Another popular assumption is that since reptiles are “cold-blooded,” they therefore feel little or no pain. In fact, they have little physiological control over their internal body temperature and are instead almost completely reliant on external heat sources to provide them with enough warmth for their natural activities and for metabolic processes to operate. This makes these animals extremely sensitive even to subtle changes in temperature and humidity in their captive environment.
Added to the problems arising from their “cold-blooded” reputation, reptiles lack the repertoire of facial expressions and vocalizations that would alert keepers to their pain and distress. A sick, hurt, or chronically stressed reptile will typically suffer in silence. The suffering will often be far more prolonged than that experienced by mammals, due to reptiles' slow metabolic rate. Blood loss and the healing of injuries are both relatively slow, as are the consequent risk of infection and further complications.

Which means no permanently living under ground. They would have evolved on the surface. And humans would have been wiped out. But here's their conundrum. How would they organize to take over the world and create a system of control instead of just killing everyone and taking over?

Then there's Drake's Equation. Which I'm sure the ATS community is very familiar with. When you break all of these evolutionary issues down, they won't make it passed the 4th step. But for the sake of the argument..They won't make it past the last. Why has no one held people like David Icke to the fire on these issues? And why is no one paying attention to this very well known facts about reptile life forms? Has anyone ever wondered how a lesser reptilian brain evolved beyond our super complex cortex? Did anyone even consider the fact that this might all be a bunch of BS?

[edit on 17-1-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I guess no one liked this one...Hehehe

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

it hasnt even been a day

patience grassahoppa

"build it and they will come"

i try to stay away from these topics, i usually end up in pain from the laughter

[edit on 17-1-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As do I. But it seems to me that there are alot of people that buy this crap. So I wanted to offer something a bit more concrete...Something no one seems to be even looking at.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You're new to this site... We have been loaded with Reptilian crap recently, actually completely overloaded. I think we need a little time off, actually.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I understand. Which is why I put this together.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You assume that Reptilians come from earth. What if they are from another planet?

If they are from another planet then they may not be anything like the reptiles found on earth.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
projectvxn, all good info on reptiles but when it comes to Reptilian alien beings or underground homebased Earth Reptilians it is possible that many of the known crawling reptiles internal physicallogical attributes may not apply to alien Reptilians.

Since the Reptilians are in control of this Earth from their underground controlled atmospheric complexes there is no need to come to the surface when they already call the shots on the surface anyway. The alien or homebased Reptilians have plenty of food, body parts and organs from cattle mutilations, abducted never to be seen humans and millions upon millions of aborded fetuses from throughout the world from which to choose to insure prolonged survival. Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This all seems just way too convenient. Reptilians are supposed to be some sort of overlord that have evolved here if my info serves me correctly. Why refer to them as reptilian if they're clearly not? This whole thing is a damn scam.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
According to the info this place was theirs first so one must conclude using Occam's Razor that they were from Earth to begin with.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
According to what info?

I have read a reasonable amount about reptilians (hard not to it’s everywhere lol).

Some stuff I have read says they originated on earth and some from elsewhere.

Who’s to know if they are real or not or where they come from.

But I would not assume they originated on earth just cause I read it somewhere.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Tiste Andii]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
In that case it should be made clear(As I do in my post anyway) that this is from the stand point of them having been from Earth. So please try to remain within context. The Reptilian evolution on Earth is the one I've heard the most.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Also I would like to make it absolutely clear that this thread is meant to challenge this stupid idea.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'm not big on the reptilian thing but I will say this....

If we can go, reptile brain to mammal brain to cerebral cortex then why couldn't their brain and social capabilities have evolved as well? Same goes for the cold blooded issue, life finds different ways to adapt.

And besides, you're forgetting the earth is hollow and there is an inner sun to keep them warm
(heavy sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I can answer that in the same manner. Fact is, had these creatures evolved on the planet first, and developed prior to us, then we wouldn't be here. There are fossils of reptiles dating back to 450 million years ago, 325 million years, 125 million years, 65 million years, 15 million, 5 million, 3.2 million. The connection between all these? Mass extinction events. The one you're most familiar with would be 65 million years ago. There just wasn't a chance for them to develop a cerebral cortex, which is why we have big and little aggressive, territorial lizards now. They just didn't make it that far.

I have also noticed that everyone who has responded didn't even consider the Drakes Equation portion as a spot to attack. Self destruction of a race is a MAJOR hurtle every species of intelligence is required to skirt, if not fulfill, in the course of their terrestrial reign. And all of the biological aspects I mentioned severely hamper their ability to get passed this hurtle. Remember for the vast majority of scientific consensus, we're the only point of reference. And it is OUR reptilian brain layer that makes it a hurtle for us as well.

And I do NOT believe that we, as we are now, could have possibly evolved so quickly over such a short period of time. Think of it like this. The crocodiles and alligators we among the few dinosaurs that exist to this day, in 65 million years, if we're going to use ourselves as a model, don't you think they WOULD HAVE evolved to our level, if not the level of at least a reptoid bipedal? We only give humans between 300,000 and 1,000,000 years evolution time. That's a VERY short time to accrue such rapid changes to the point that now we are traveling in in air and space. Do you not suppose, that if this is indeed the case, that if evolution really works that fast, that a creature who first appeared 100,000,000 years ago, survived several extinction events, would have evolved sufficiently that they technically, under stated criteria, just shouldn't be around anymore? If you can explain that then we have ourselves a debate. But I doubt anyone could shake a stick at this using current evolutionary models for intelligence. It just isn't viable. And I don't think it's viable for humans either..Which is why I think we're some Aliens' science project...Just look at our history.

Between 10 and 15 thousand years ago humans, modern ones, were still hunter gatherers. Then, out of nowhere, about 6 thousand years ago we start to build HUGE monuments and plow farm land? Where is the in between period of trial and error? HOW did they learn to farm on a mass scale in such a short time? And how on Earth did we pick out the correct wild grasses? such as corn and what not. And to add to the mystery...Wild corn doesn't exist anymore. That is a process that should take a million or two years to breed out due to our agricultural processes...And yet, we've only been farming regularly since about 5 thousand or so BC. If we're going to use ourselves as a model, then their should be several Earth based intelligent species right now, right here on this planet. Starting with a creature far older than the croc...The ROACH. You don't hear anyone talking about the roach in a secret plot to control the Earth. And they're a more likely candidate. So what, do you suppose is wrong with this picture?

I wish to make it clear that I'm arguing this from the standpoint of Reptilians having evolved here. Which is the most popular theme that I have come across. I await your answers on this matter.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I don't know where you get the info on Reptilians having evolved on earth is a popular theme. In fact, I think its the less likely explanation, but thats me ;-) I'm reading David Icke's newest book which claims a lot regarding the period between 10 and 15 thousand years ago. He speaks of some 'Golden Age' around 13.000 BC. An age where civilisations like ours flourished but even much further advanced. This might explain all the incredibly build ancient architectures around the globe. But then again, all the proof he gathers is mainly taken from myths, old texts and drawings on tablets, the bible, bagavat gita, etc etc.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horusnow

I don't know where you get the info on Reptilians having evolved on earth is a popular theme. In fact, I think its the less likely explanation, but thats me ;-) I'm reading David Icke's newest book which claims a lot regarding the period between 10 and 15 thousand years ago. He speaks of some 'Golden Age' around 13.000 BC. An age where civilisations like ours flourished but even much further advanced. This might explain all the incredibly build ancient architectures around the globe. But then again, all the proof he gathers is mainly taken from myths, old texts and drawings on tablets, the bible, bagavat gita, etc etc.

Lots of people determine a lot of crap from ancient texts...Remember that there is also an invisible man in the sky that castigates anyone with a hard on, and wants you to vote republican, and somehow his body is made out of some sort of wafer. I put as much stock into David Icke as I do in religious dogma. And now he's on this "we're living in the matrix" kick. Just how much more crap does he expect people to buy? Oh that's right, people everywhere will buy anything with out question. They read it in a book and it's irrefutable evidence? First it's government, then it's government controlled by reptiles, then it government controlled by reptiles in the matrix. Doesn't this sound stupid to ANYONE BUT ME!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
One thing bother's me though. If God said to the serpant that he's punishment for giving the apple to Eve will be that he, the serpant will move on his belly for the rest of his life right ? So how this is possible if that was his original form ?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Mass extinction events. The one you're most familiar with would be 65 million years ago. There just wasn't a chance for them to develop a cerebral cortex, which is why we have big and little aggressive, territorial lizards now. They just didn't make it that far.

The crocodiles and alligators we among the few dinosaurs that exist to this day, in 65 million years, if we're going to use ourselves as a model, don't you think they WOULD HAVE evolved to our level, if not the level of at least a reptoid bipedal?

Actually, crocodiles and alligators are not dinosaurs, although they are related.

You are quite wrong about dinosaurs not making it far. You are surrounded by dinosaurs every day, and do not even realize it. They are evolved from theropods, in fact, related to tyrannosaurus rex and velociraptors. Like their ancestors, they are warm-blooded creatures.

Modern-Day Dinosaurs

[edit on 18-1-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rudenzz
One thing bother's me though. If God said to the serpant that he's punishment for giving the apple to Eve will be that he, the serpant will move on his belly for the rest of his life right ? So how this is possible if that was his original form ?

It's call a myth, a way for ancient peoples to explain the world around them. That's all it is...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join