It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Recommends That Food From Clones Stay Off the Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

USDA Recommends That Food From Clones Stay Off the Market

www.blacklistednews.com

The U.S. Department of Agriculture yesterday asked U.S. farmers to keep their cloned animals off the market indefinitely even as Food and Drug Administration officials announced that food from cloned livestock is safe to eat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

Related thread:
FDA approves cloned food

[edit on 1/16/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Talk abut a clash. Here presents the other side of the coin. Who do we believe? Which agency is not lying to us? Emotional nature in this process. I find that an interesting statement. How can whether you eat a living animal, cloned or not, be emotional? I am a meat eater and I guess me personally, have no problem whether it is cloned or not. As stated in the article, probably have eaten it and didn't even know it. Who knows what it is doing to my insides though.
If posted, I will move comments.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If an animal is truly cloned, then how is it any different from eating the original animal?

Don't see the fuss myself...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The diversity of what we eat is actually a safety mechanism that should not be so easily dismissed.

When you diminish the genetic diversity of foodstuff, not only do you place supply at risk, but by increasing the footprint of the item in question, you also increase the footprint of any potential harmful impact to consumers.

This is a mess we should stay away from, imo.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I agree. Imo, cloning increases the chances of genetic mutation. I don't want anything to do with cloned meat. Its bad enough already with all the hormones ending up in our meat and dairy.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

When it comes to the possibility of mutations, I agree. What if this ends up being the catalyst for new strains of viruses developing in these clones? then we have to try and find a fight against those. The only thing I worry about is as the article states, how much is already out there no one knows. Yet again, a conflicting report from government agencies that are involved. What are they trying to do to us? Makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Well they may be asking but it don't look like it's happening.

Yet even as the two agencies sought a unified message -- that food from clones is safe for people but perhaps dangerous to U.S. markets and trade relations -- evidence surfaced suggesting that Americans and others are probably already eating meat from the offspring of clones.

Executives from the nation's major cattle cloning companies conceded yesterday that they have not been able to keep track of how many offspring of clones have entered the food supply, despite a years-old request by the FDA to keep them off the market pending completion of the agency's safety report.

At least one Kansas cattle producer also disclosed yesterday that he has openly sold semen from prize-winning clones to many U.S. meat producers in the past few years, and that he is certain he is not alone.

your link

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Reverse psychology pure and simple. This subject is the only hope left for a dying world. People are starving all over the globe and if cloned meat could help them so be it. I personally do not believe in eating meat from mammals...

I would eat a BBQ T bone steak with a baked potato and salad if they could figure a way to make it from vegetables and grains...

A little A-1 sauce, yum!

top topics

join