It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Secret Government be Discrediting UFOlogy by inducing insanity amongst the Key Players on

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I just read a thread on Disclosure Project and one of the posts mentioned about Dr Greer being a bit how should we say it ...... Mental....

I have a theory.....

I have always wondered whether the CIA could poison someone to make them mentally ill rather than physically ill if you get what i mean.

Perhaps thats what happened to Greer? In the beginning he was mentally stable and creating a path to disclosure. Then perhaps he got to close and rather then kill him they just poisoned him with something that makes you go mental...

I reckon the same for David Shaler who was the UK Mi5 Whistle blower....

He told on his employers and now coincidently he thinks he is the next Messiah very strange indeed.....

Also David Sereda seemed pretty normal to begin with but now he appears to be a bit cuckoo!! Check out his hair cut in his latest movie....

Also Mr Lear... his ideas seem to have progressed from the plausible to the out right crazy... no offence John if your Reading.....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
mk ultra, maybe they have something else for those that get too problematic. Interesting theory.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

See i love this site, MK-ultra i had never heard of that thanks..

Just looked it up on Wiki (not the best source but hey!)

This line of Aims sums it up really..

"Substances which will promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness to the point where the recipient would be discredited in public"

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I don't think he's mental at all. I noticed that most people who call him mental are allergic to the word spiritual. ( which is no religion in my opinion)

I think he is more sane compared to a lot of debunkers around.
ECETI has a lot of UFO proof on tape. Also James gilliland has fascinating footage.
I think he is discredited for the wrong reasons by ignorant people.

That's my opinion. Just check out some Greer interviews and judge for yourself.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandals24

Hi Sandals24,

Y'know, you could actually be on to something.

Think about it ... reports of UFO's / Aliens seem to be increasing to the point where people tend to take it in their stride now ... as opposed to reactions of say, even 10yrs ago.

So if the people who become public figures in these matters (and aim to disclose information), start coming across as 'nut jobs' ... not only will they be discredited ... but the 'lesser knowns' with information/credible confirmation, will think twice before making it known to the public

Now, as an 'experiencer' myself, I don't think this will effect the way people perceive the subject per se ... (you can't deny what you personally 'know' to be the truth just because someone tells you it's impossible), but hey, we all know the 'powers that be' think they are equals ... if not 'superior' to any God-source or intelligent Life-force, thanks to their magickal cloaks of invincibility.

I like the way you think ... I'm giving you a flag and star.

Woody.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Ahh my Flag and Star Cherries taken in one foul swoop!!

Thanks alot woody tis much appreciated.

The more i think about this the more it seems to make sense, epecially with Dr Greer. I mean why bother trying to silence someone when you can slip them some dodgy drink, sit back and watch them ruin there credability all by themselves.

You mentioned you are a experiencer, what did that involve? was it here in england? Im dying to see a UFO but doesnt appear to be many of them down south....

To cold and wet obviously.....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is certainly a possibility as you can never rule out anything when it comes to doing ALL that it takes to protect "one's" interest.....history is a great teacher and experience-builder. While we should be mindful of "one's" discrediting strategy, we shouldn't let the threat of it sidetrack us. The focus should be on gathering as many facts/circumstantial evidence/direct evidence/corroborating evidence/physical evidence as possible. Be prepared to be discredited....best way to do that is to show others how the "discrediting strategy" works (from a historical standpoint) and why someone would use it. Stay focused, persistent, patient, and determined.......

One last note: Great debaters can make great argument/cases from any perspective (for both sides).

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I beleive that John Lear mentions this in one of his interviews. It's kind of discouraging after having seen the video released of the Disclosure Project, that there hasn't been anything new or spectacular. (breadcrumbs for pigeons?)

Having had some experience with what you're referring to a few years ago and then being homeless for awhile because of it, I now look back at some or most of it and wonder how the heck they managed to cover up all what happened with so many apparent witnesses, photos and sightings?

Either their advanced or alien technological ability to hide any evidence for alleged national security puposes is why, or that I was just experiencing false memories during this period in order to doubt ANY of the recovered memories during my lifetime of abductions, visitations etc.

I have however since that "delusional" time also recalled viewing news broadcasts that were apparently fake and even remember finding the device they hooked up on the television I was watching.

One older memory was of a news event that had supposedly occurred at my high school and had watched that evening with my father. When he spoke to one of his friends, his friend then claimed he watched the news on this same channel and that it wasn't ever on or apparently widely broadcast, nevertheless a hoax, program or alternate reality for some.

If other alien worlds are watching, interacting and manipulating us, than the very notion that humans are actually controlling this world and our future is a lie and the biggest conspiracy of all. 2012 may either be our freedom and welcoming us into the federation, or just send us back without technology to the begining of humanity, and Genesis (or timeloop) in an actual Reality Survivor series to be observed by distant worlds....AGAIN

[edit on 16-1-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hi Sandals24,

Here are a couple of links about my experience;

(part 1)

abovetopsecret.com...

(part 2);

abovetopsecret.com...

As for it being too cold down south ... it's not to balmy up here in the north either.

Flag and star, my pleasure it's always good to have a new take on something.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I can tell you this brain waves are frequency waves, and what goes into that stream of thoughts is through the vibration we pickup or are receptive to.

You can be controlled by the brain but the heart cannot be. The spirit resides in there. The Heart is the guidance system in this world. When the mind says you are defeated the heart picks you up and moves you.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Eloquently put menguard ... that's the point I was trying to make in my own clumbsy way in an earlier post. The heart/spirit of the person in question will remain true ... but their words (via the brain), may not be properly expressed and thereby misconstrude/dismissed by those who can't see beneath the surface.

Woody

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandals24
Perhaps thats what happened to Greer? In the beginning he was mentally stable and creating a path to disclosure. Then perhaps he got to close and rather then kill him they just poisoned him with something that makes you go mental...

That's an interesting idea, but why not give him (and other big names in Ufology) something that would finish him off too? Like cancer?

But anyway, here again, we have the idea that Greer started out well with the Disclosure Project and then suddenly went crazy.

It's NOT correct.

Greer started CSETI in 1990 and was claiming to be able to vector in UFOs etc even back then. He made plenty of "crazy" claims in the 90s (like the Mt. Blanca nerve-gas attack etc), and yet there he was in 2001 at the NPC conference surrounded by credible people.....

Part of it could simply be the stress of trying to balance plain old ordinary mundane life, with all this really far out and unbelievable subject matter; it has to wear away at people after a while. Especially the ones who have had the most intense experiences, been aboard starships, met EBEs face-to-face, seen their advanced technologies in use, etc. Trying to reconcile all that with day-to-day life on Earth would test anyone's sanity....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandals24
I just read a thread on Disclosure Project and one of the posts mentioned about Dr Greer being a bit how should we say it ...... Mental....

I have a theory.....

I have always wondered whether the CIA could poison someone to make them mentally ill rather than physically ill if you get what i mean.

I reckon the same for David Shaler who was the UK Mi5 Whistle blower....

He told on his employers and now coincidently he thinks he is the next Messiah very strange indeed.....

Also David Sereda seemed pretty normal to begin with but now he appears to be a bit cuckoo!! Check out his hair cut in his latest movie....

Also Mr Lear... his ideas seem to have progressed from the plausible to the out right crazy... no offence John if your Reading.....

Watch this video with Richard Dawkins, world renown scientist, in the video he says 'Queerer Than We Suppose: The strangeness of science. The universe is not only queerer than we suppose but queerer than we CAN suppose.' I think it's hard for anyone, no matter how stable and well educated you may be to try to explain things that no one can comprehend or even imagine. Recommended, as many other videos on the TED site.

Google Video Link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

man---your post hit me----figure----you are contacted or have that first piece of evidence---you get your first media coverage---and decide to dedicate to providng the truth or inform the public----so you get in the public eye----yet you quickly become yesterdays news---as people moved on and busy in their own lives-----how do you again obtain this attention---and obviously you can't use that same evnt or even maybe another of the same---it would have to be bigger and better---hence crazier and crazier or outlamndish stories---until the point you've overstepped the bounds of what "everyday" folks will believe---plus, we have to add in the human ego all along this path---which can be bad with attention seeking and personality issues which we all have

aslso---someone said--to knock them off---terminal illness or death

yet maybe they're providing a greater good alive ---supposedly spewing these outlandish stories---which as said earlier will turn many away or show the movement as bogus or crazies

maybe who we see as credible or believeable others view as totally nuts and crazy

afterall, when i enlighten my mom with this stuff,, she thinks i'm nuts!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

People are always looking to blame their inabilitiies onto something else or someone else.

You are right in saying that isn't happening.

From my perspecitves "UFOlogiest" do enough discrediting of the sudio science themselves.

The great percentage of the "UFO"+ologists (science) go out with preconsieved notions and forsake evidence because it doesn't fit into their perceptions...

I think most ufologiest should team up with a phychologist.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Well you say my post really hit you, but it seems you didn't read it correctly!

I am NOT saying that Greer needs to keep making up bigger and crazier stories in order to keep getting attention after the Disclosure Project supposedly fizzled out....

I'm saying, he ALWAYS HAS made lots of big, crazy claims, well before the May 2001 conference!

Sure he could be making all of it up, but then again..... a UFO hunter going around with whole teams of people and using a specialized Protocol for vectoring in aliens - maybe a lot of big, crazy things really have been happening to them! Huge Triangle crafts coming in to close range, people being teleported onto crafts, EBEs materializing in out of nowhere and having conversations with people, etc etc.

How do we know that those kinds of things HAVEN'T been happening to people?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Could the Secret Government be Discrediting UFOlogy by inducing insanity amongst the Key Players on
____

You betcha !! As another posted above re MK Ultra, was/is a known device to manipulate minds. Clinton made them apologize for their covert mind-screwing experiments and ordered missions.

Bennowitz comes to mind after reading this thread. John Lear's pretty-thorough on knowledge of Bennowitz's demise.

From what I read over the years I came to the conclusion he was mentally-manipulated into extreme paranoia by possibly the NSA or AF - OSI or some quasi-Military/Sec Gov reactionary team.

Govt Mind Control: www.angelfire.com...

Dallas

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They have experimented on schizophrenics over the years for a reason. They now understand the illness and can probably induce it.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I must say this general idea has crossed my mind many times. If it were my task to obfuscate genuine truth about UFOs, this would be one of the first things I'd put in place. And yes, I'm sure mania, depression, and / or psychosis can be induced by a wide variety methods. I'd say MK-Ultra sealed that deal a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I agree completely. The guy has a strange haircut, he is obviously insane and should be institutionalized. If you have a haircut different than the norm everything you ever say should be discredited. How dare he not act like the rest of the flock??? What does he think this is? America? Where he has the freedom to be different??? Sheesh!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join