It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s wrong with purposely causing the extinction of animals?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You can't just kill animals because they annoy you, humans are probably the most annoying species to for all the others to share a planet with. It's not just 'our' planet.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Firstly Insects are not animals and secondly im putting you on ignore for this post.

I cannot converse with an individual with such a basic view on life.

good day sir.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
reply to post by andre18

Firstly Insects are not animals and secondly im putting you on ignore for this post.

I cannot converse with an individual with such a basic view on life.

good day sir.

isnt that a bit extreme , its just is opinion , you may not agree but you have to accept it

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Now stay with me on this one……I’m not talking about a mass culling of pets or going around with a gun to lions, tigers and bears …..oh my……I’m talking about insects and creepy crawlies that are just annoying and irritating…what’s the point in keeping around spiders and ants…? (spiders are good for getting rid of pesky insects…) Well…correct me if I’m wrong….but if we get rid of those pesky insects….there wont be need for spiders….the same goes for snakes…It’s not like we actually need them or anything….I mean jeezz…..do you know how many creatures become extinct every week….every year……

I’m not being cold hearted….I just see it as common sense…why keep them around if they’re just going to bite you and kill you…..just imagine how much that little bit safer our lives would be if you could go to sleep knowing nothing’s going to get you…that safe happy feeling….wouldn’t you like that….hell….you could go out into the countryside with no fear of snakes and such…..that would be nice….ay...

Logic? Is that the ruler of your universe? Logic does not cover an inch of what is there to experience in the universe.
Common sense covers less.

You have a long way to go IF this is your starting point.
Read the threads about ecobalance for you logic. And then forget it and just look at the beauty of everything that strikes you as illogic.
Language doesn't even cover everything in this world.

Logic, what about the right to kill. As long as you do not see that YOU are that wasp and that cow, you shouldn't be allowed to kill it and eat it.

Your logical world will be a boring world. You assume there is a US. A US of a logical world. Who are they? I don't need a lot of persons on the other side of the world. Why not kill them. There is no need for all these people. You see the logic? You see where it leads you?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am never going to visit this web site again!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by minij
I am never going to visit this web site again!

LOL don't worry most people here disagree with him, I'm actually quite relieved at that, if most people agreed with him I'd worry very much about humanity,.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

And I am sure animals are thinking why in the hell they need humans, because they really don't need us and have lived without us for a long long period of time.

I hope you are kidding about the thread too....Why waste the effort in killing some snakes so that more humans can live. I mean its not like there is already almost 7 billion people in the world and quickly becoming overpopulated. Anything that can naturally bring about population control sounds good to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've got a better idea Andre18.

How about we eradicate all the people that seek to do harm to humans and to other life forms. The world would be a much better place.

Oh wait, you'd be among that group.

[edit on 1/16/2008 by pjslug]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Do I sense a insect phobia?

Those creepy crawly things are important. Take them out, and not only will the animals that eat them die, but decomposition rates would fall drastically, plants would die, predators would die, the very animals you eat would die.

Plants depend on insects. Food animals depend on plants. WE depend on plants. Take those insects out of the equation, you have an increase in the plants we can't use, and a decrease in those we do (grasses, trees, fruits, vegetables, etc.). Oxygen goes down, carbon dioxide goes up. Air becomes unbreathable.

And the snakes/spiders who are venomous. They play a similar role. Keeping the insect population in check. Too many of certain species will lead to too much plant loss anyhow.

And of course, have you ever heard of natural selection? You get bitten by a spider, you either make it or you don't. Just like every other animal. We think we're the supreme power here, but we have no right to purposefully kill off another on of God's creations (or if you will, another living thing and earthling). If we kill off these creatures, we should kill off dogs too, since dogs bite and kill people. and cats can carry deadly diseases. We kill them too. And gorillas are violent. Gone. Worms are icky. Bub bye. See what I mean?

Human beings kill more people each year than every other animal combined. I think if we were to get rid of any animal, it would be best to be us. Not them.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

Well I intent to put it to the test. I got him compiling info on 100 species he wants dead. He's going to provide the method of extermination, and their primary food sources. Then I'm going to compile the data and crunch the numbers and I'm going to post my results here for him along with my method(The Scientific 4 step kind), so that he and anyone else can duplicate my findings.

This was a challenge I issued that he accepted. And I intend to deliver. He needs proof that nothing bad will happen and I intend on giving an answer using a comprehensive system of analysis. After which He'll either be proven right or wrong in his theory.
The purpose here is to educate, both him and anyone of his mind, with proof positive results. Once I have done this, this thread will come to an end. Because there will be nothing left to prove. To him, or anyone else.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't know why but I found this post to be offensive and scary to think a human being could have this kind of mentality. Maybe aliens should come who are so much more advanced then us and just exterminate us because we trample over our own planet.

You do not have an ounce of love in your heart. You are as cold as a stone in the stream. I honestly can't imagine being such a cold heartless person and I hate to say it but I know here you are going to go..

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Until you multiply the situation you are talking about over a couple thousand years, then we have problems..

Logically think about the animals…the insects…all the creatures that have already been extinct in the last year…..I don’t see how we are going to be ultimately doomed in a few thousand years because of a few extinct bugs…

I find it odd you're asking others to use "logic".

How bout you use that computer of yours to search "importance of bees" and then go tell all those scientists and researchers that they are full of crap. Nothing you've stated so far has been based on "logic".

Here's a twist on your question. What good are you to this earth? You bug the crap out of me and others here so why should we not get rid of obnoxious people like you?

Well your reply would be that that would be wrong, which I would agree but the real question is this, what good do you provide the earth?

All humans could be wiped off this earth and it would still operate yet remove the bees and the earth would die. Remove the bees and you can kiss a lot of the food you eat goodbye. So that's just ONE insect.

How many insects and creepy crawly things have provided us with medicines?

So maybe you can use your "logic" and try doing some research before making such a ridiculous post.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread...don't want to.

But finally...the life on this planet has evolved in such a fashion as to require an intricate and complex series of symbiotic/parasitic/ codependent relationships.

Period. If you want to know why this is...I highly suggest researching this for yourself. Here's something to get you started..

www.sciencedaily.com...

If I had a dime for everytime someone had a 'great idea' for the simple reason that 'life would so obviously be better...'

Have fun.....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Your stupidity ammuses me... Kill of all the insects.... Spiders arent the only thing that consumes insects. Not to mention insects have been here way before us... Let's not forget were guests here :-)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wow. ATS used to be a place where I could go to get information on alternative news, behind the scenes and an overall denying of ignorance. This has to be by far the stupidest thread I've ever seen on this site.

I can't believe you are all arguing with someone who obviously hasn't graduated from high school and put such deep thought into your posts. This is a mockery of ATS and I can't believe many of you getting duped into actually engaging in this ridiculous topic. No wonder I rarely visit this place anymore.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by metro

You're missing the point as to why we have made such a stink about it. Thought such as this is dangerous to the prosperity of the world. I have proposed a scientific challenge that the poster and I shall engage in so that we may ascertain a true and undeniable answer to his theory. We both know the out come. But the reality has to be sunk in. People can be misguided, and I don't think this kid is stupid or heartless. Just ill-informed and in need of perspective which is why he accepted my challenge. He WANTS for someone to prove him wrong. So I offered my scientific know how to perform a simple experiment of gathering data of one hundred species he thinks should be wasted. Plus their food sources and method of extermination. All this to determine the level of damage done to the ecosystem. I think, in the end, all involved will come away with a greater sense of understanding. And this kid might grasp the scientific process. Rather than ridicule(Which I engaged in until I took a deep breath), we should, as the educated ones. Make the hard effort to teach those who need to be taught, and if they cannot be taught by means of presenting logic. Perform an experiment that's convincing. I will NOT slant the results. Because technically I can't. For I'll be posting all material and proccesses.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

www.usyd.edu.au...

Look …..that’s about 3,000 per year….that’s 3,000 people who didn’t have to be bitten in the first place if they had already been killed off…

Great idea!
I'm all for it.
We don't want those pesky creatures spoiling our quality of life. do we!

Oh, you WERE talking about killing off the humans weren't you?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Oh, you weren't?

Well, I have one word for you, sirrah!

Bosh!

[edit on 16-1-2008 by AotearoaSon]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
andre18 you are with out a doubt THE SINGLE STUPIDEST PERSON i have ever come across!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

www.usyd.edu.au...

Look …..that’s about 3,000 per year….that’s 3,000 people who didn’t have to be bitten in the first place if they had already been killed off…and that’s only in Australia….think about the total number in the entire world…..

Look at these things…..do we really need them..?

www.usyd.edu.au...

www.xs4all.nl...

I think a better question would be (from your point of view anyway) did we really need those extra 3000 people hanging about anyway?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join