It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is it ok to fight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hi...we've all found ourselves in situations where we must decide: fight or flight. I for one, have never chosen the fight option..except once..not because i wouldn't fight but because i have never been in a situation deemed worthing of throwing a punch. I'm pretty good at just walking away.

Anyways, even I..pacafist me..have my boundries. a few things that might make me lower my hand to my hip are family and my friends.

Saturday night was the first time i threw a punch at someone with the intent of trying to hurt them..ever..im 21. I feel as if it was justified. A few people were mad at my friend..for reasons unknown by me..he got hit so i stepped in and threw a few punches and took a few hits myself no big deal.

Now what i'm wondering is if me sticking up for my friend and fighting is justified even if i don't know exactly it was he did? i think i was in the right. Hes my friend.

What do you think? How much can you take before you throw a punch?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
personally, i think a good fight once in a while is good, lets out your frustration, if you don't get in a good fight (or play violent video games) you keep all your tension and one day someone asks you something stupid, then you explode on them, trust the expert; just kidding I'm no expert, but i do now a lot about tension and frustration.

I forgot the period at the end

[edit on 15-1-2008 by outrider]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I can find other means of ventilating my frustration and anger. To release frustration and anger, IMO, is not a good reason to fight. Unless you are involved in some sort of organized fighting and it is being moderated by a professional.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I was a boxer for most of the 18 years of my youth so any of life's frustrations were vented in the ring.

When should you fight on the street? Only when there is absolutely no other choice and you are defending yourself or a loved one.

How much can I take? I can take an unlimited amount of taunting.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
imo you should only fight when that one little chump won't leave you alone. if he just says some slick
to ya only once then leave it alone. but if he messes with you every single time you encounter eachother, go ahead and woop him.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Personally, the only time to fight, for myself, is when there is no other option. If someone is going to try to hit me, I am going to fight. I would never start a fight. Also, if it was a friend, I wouldn't jump in unless it wasn't a fair fight. If it's like a 3 on 1 fight, you better believe I'm jumping in. If you can't fight fair, don't bother. It just shows you are a coward.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Act weak when you are strong. - Sun Tzu

Never, ever throw the first punch. - me!

When someone does throw a punch at you, pull their arm off and beat them to death with the soggy end. - me again.

Try to avoid fighting whenever possible. It really isn't worth it. People get hurt, stuff gets broke and people sue you and stuff.

Saying that, if someone laid a finger (intentionally hurt) on my wife or son, the rest of their life would be hell, all 2 seconds of it.

MonKey

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The only real fight that I got was on a sparring match. I felt how is it to be choked to death, to be arm barred until you tap out, and to be triangle choked. It felt like your neck is about to be snapped. Got to tapped out fast and cry uncle. lol

top topics

join