It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Denies Certiorari

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is a good start and they shot it down for a reason....not because its insignificant. These issues are all significant....income taxes are imposed illegaly according to the consitution (when it was in effect) and therefore the money is being taken out of our hands, our childrens hands, schools, hospitals, social security, and many other failing social programs. Then its squandered on wars and the national debt. And some people on this thread are ok with that? Its not about not wanting to pay taxes its about not wanting to be forced to pay taxes that arent used properly....wake up everyone. The government is not on your side even if you are on theirs.
Its true when you say that the courts are nothing but a business...the BAR is a PRIVATELY OWNED ORGANIZATION THAT NEEDS INCOME TO SURVIVE!! That means the courts must produce revenue so there is your agenda....money.
The supreme court knows that if they granted this writ it will start a revolution and collapse the government. So they denied it. And whoever says that our president or any part of this government never violated the constitution or just basic human rights are all crazy. They do it everyday and they will do it even more in the future until we ALL rise up together as one to fight it.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
They probably will go off this planet due to their own insanities and not certainly due to God. Well, I wish there was something better to talk about then people who think that they are some type of Soldier of Christ when I can only think about how limited a response that is against a broader aspect of God's Total Being. Otherwise there would be no other points of view and no need for any other religion which it seeems that there is for a thinking person or man. Sounds like Isalm and the way their Adverse Radi cals think in the end. The U.S. Supreme Court may deny anything they think they can, in the end, their own insanity will also be contained for they march on with their madness against the true will of God. They call that a college education, well they forgot some things.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
And no doubt it actually has to do with work load and how much they can handle and the pay that the Supreme Court gets. You see they did not get a pay increase that I know of recently or before perhaps maybe like Congress just gave themselves. I stated before perhaps or meant to that every time a liberal does something like raise the mininum wage, they only are thinking of theirselves in the end to grant theirselves a pay raise, thus eveyone does, and the poor keep getting poorer and the rich keep getting richer. I am sure that some members of Congress tell these inconsiderate Adverse People that they should be praying to God, but then they never listened, they never will, and again, in the end, this Country will not be tolerating it much longer. I have done something about it, but I will not be put upon by these self-styled religious Adverse People. That is the chief reason this Country does not get any better, and keeps going down with only them thinking about theirselves, selling their type of Adversity, as something called the way this Country works. You see the works of God wreaking the fields of fruit by freezing it, and the other natural weather patterns that keep developing on this Planet don't you? For all their Adversity perhaps they could start by just banging their heads against the wall. The people will not continue to put up with it, in any form, and then they will understand too late, that you do not start a Civil War with the USA and get by with it, like some ex-vietnam madhatter ex-soldiers who also think that they can run around with their Adversity and blame the USA for the way that some people think by attacking others in this Nation like me, because in the end, it will do none of them no good, and if everyone was as Mad as they really are, then this Country would not tolerate it even going this far.

It never happened during the times of Washington, and it will never happen now. They have no ideas except their Adversity, and yes I can prove what they did to me. Now, I know much better on how they really think and continue to think that they will get by with. The Supreme Court with all their education still contain some of that radicalness which some people think is actually "good" in this world, when it is not. They will not confer with you, because they think that they are better than you, even better than God, and they think they have more Rights and Freedom because in the end, it is not a Democracy when it comes to what they think, it becomes only Adversity and it will continue on, because the Road to Hell is broad enough for all of them in the world.

Deluded yes, they are!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Sorry! I disagree with about every word of your post - ENTIRELY! I have read their petition several times and find it to be fully in keeping with Constitutional authority and the rights of the Citizens of these United States. Would you pay a roofing contractor who failed to uphold his end of the contract? If you would, that would be foolish!

I believe that you are basing your opinion on the assumption that the Government is some Godly entity with all of the rights - you're wrong! WE are the government and when our elects do NOT uphold their COnstitutional obligations the citizens of these United STates are fully within their right and authority to defund the government or abolish it through whatever means, either appropriate or necessary!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Maybe it's just because my income bracket is well below the poverty line...and that I think spending 3 trillion dollars a year on wars abroad when theres a MAJOR economic disaster looming here at home.. but I think these guys are on the right track with this petition. I wish I could choose for my taxes to go to education instead of war I would be overjoyed but I have no say.

taxation without representation.

Obviously they think its ok that special interests tell them what to do and that thier media figureheads use propeganda to eliminate political rivals like Ron Paul. They think thats just fine.

Well I don't. I think its ok to start project mayhem and bring down all the financial institutions that keep this machine running smoothly.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Having witnessed the abuse of our court systems in family court and traffic court, I agree that our courts are the greatest tools being used against our liberty. The power of lawyers in this country to manipulate the law is grossly out of hand. It is no wonder that we are morphing into a military police state.

I don't mind an income tax when the federal government is spending the tax dollars collected looking after the general welfare of the people and securing the nation from enemies abroad, but this has not been the case since the 1980ties. What has happened is that corporations and the wealthy have been freed from paying their fair share of government expenses, while government spending has been turned mainly towards protecting the assets of corporations, and therefore our nations most wealthy, by building a huge military to protect the interests of corporations abroad, capitalism in general in foreign nations, and the assistance in the exportation of our technology and our jobs. Most of this has been accomplished by the accumulation of debt. The wealthy should pay taxes in proportion to the wealth they possess, currently the wealthy, people with wealth over 10Milllion is how I would define wealthy, are paying less taxes than their proportion of the wealth.

The real question of the future is who is going to pay off this huge debt built up by conservatives while they have been in control of the federal government.

It is the courts who issue warrants and make legal determinations on ownership of property. From my observation, the courts rarely do anything for the common man these days. If you want to mention God, then God help you should you ever be charged with a crime, because if you do not have the money to hire a lawyer for your defense and have to rely on court appointed lawyers, you are screwed. Our jails are already overflowing, the key is to strongly oppose any measures that aim to increase the numbers of our jails or the police.

The idea of tying courts up so that they are unable to act for years sounds very appealing to me. Let the judges who create more and more unfair decisions leave their court rooms in fear of facing the outside world. Then we will see how well those who manipulate the system to their advantage are able to fare.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The government we have today is a result of the u.s. constitution! Read Hologram of Liberty by Kenneth W. Royce.The constitution is designed promote the rights of the federal government, not the people.You might also want to fly the U.S. Civil Flag. It symbolizes peace versus the other flag.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The authors knew what the end result would be from the beginning and I believe designed it to be rejected. If it pissed you off you are far more likely to cut a check with their name on it.

The Directors of not-for-profits routinely pay themselves large salaries and can administrate any number of them they can get away with. Direct a couple of them and go directly to the top 5% of wage earners. No work to do either other than dream up ways to get peoples dander up to keep those checks rolling.

They can also live in houses paid for by these phony organizations and drive cars paid for by them. When they travel it can be paid for by the questionable charity involved.

All of these things being possible a Tax Resister starts an organization like this and people trust him because they are angry at something else?

I'm fairly sure it was P. T. Barnum who said "Nobody ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the American Public".

[edit on 1/16/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

I believe that you are basing your opinion on the assumption that the Government is some Godly entity with all of the rights - you're wrong!

No you are entirely wrong about me. Our Government and the Constitution are constructs of men with all their flaws and biases included.

What has that to do with the motives of this Tax Resister trying to get out of paying taxes? Nothing at all. You need to separate the two.

Our Government is a mess and its up to us to get involved in a positive manner and change it. Our founders were not radicals. They had radical ideas which is a whole different thing. No thinking person would have followed them if this were not true. The system they were escaping was nothing like our system here. They were trying to get away from a Monarchy where they had no voice. Here we have a voice and to think we can make positive change in a negative manner is utter nonsense.

Use the System. Don't fight the System. The System will win every time. Learn to use it and we all win. We don't fix things by withdrawing from the System by resisting taxes. If people trying to destroy the System from within win; the rest of the World will be upon us like Vultures on a dieing Fawn.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I couldn't help but notice the similarity between this case, and the one posted at Guantanamo Detainees Are Not Human Beings.

Another example of the Supreme Court operating in a manner protective of self-interest to the dertriment of morality and true American ideology.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Its sad....people dont realize that we cant fight these issues legitimately because of the overpowering forces at play which only protect the interests and agendas of WEALTH. This rejection of ceriorari is a perfect example of that....they saw the can of worms and decided to go with a plastic lure instead. Seriously....the petitioni was completely valid and made righteous points. Points that are not opinions or one sided because they call for true freedom, justice and the ability to pursue happiness.

Sad sad sad sad....even sadder that people would knock it just because they are asking for money. SO WHAT!!!??? the government squanders our income taxes on crap we dont need (just like middle america with their credit cards) borrows so much that it got to a point where the entire nation is one big bankrupt fool in the pockets of the banks....just like you and me.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
America is fast becomeing a totalitarian state!europe is the way forward,a lose conglomoration rather than one gigantic supra entity!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill
it realy seems the entire goverment is corrupted and rotten whole cloth, i see no reason to participate in society as a whole anymore .

I know. Maybe we can all pool our resources and buy an island somewhere far far away.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriot36

Didn't we have some kind of Tea Party in Boston, or something, the last time a government did this in America?

Guess there were a few less drones in America then.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzyone

Ya know what irks me? When someone who barely speaks English charges me tax on tea at the the kwiki-mart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join