It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Excuse me, but all the shots of the massive ship seem to be a tiny dot, or BS now in many minds eye.

If a mile-wide glides over my car while a camera sits at my side sits idle, shame on me. Have to believe thats the first thing I think about, or shut my mouth.

Does Mufon feel "it" shuts down the need to film the event?

I've often thought of the film taken of the horror of old WW2 events, how could they do it? If they could, for crying out loud, pic the frickin creeps now! Something is wrong...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Larry King needs a new format
www.heraldtribune.com...&start=1

Friday night, for the third time in six months, Larry King went to the formula again on CNN: nutty graphics, a panel of nongovernment experts, eyewitnesses being dismissed by a designated skeptic, and a silly logo that asks something like, “Do You Believe in UFOs?” As if belief were a prerequisite to legitimacy.

This is fun entertainment, maybe, but it’s not news.

Good read, how this subject deserves to be addressed.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lyingunderoath

Csn be explaination for sundogs according to a few professors defining what has been defined for the others pictures, they say that his sighting was sundogs. Not the truck driver picture, but Stephenville in particular (no pictures). [Star-Telegram - Posted on Sun, Jan. 20, 2008]

Another explanation is that when a 4D object is coming at you from space, it can only be detected by the numan eye as a 2D object, the fourth dimension is time of course, rotation is this time factor whichever direction because its moving so fast by the time you see it.

Another aspect is the turn toward more ample subjects that evolve from religion and earth science pertaining to ozone and centering on the validity of the sightings.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
E.D. Hill on Fox News just reported an update that the Military is now saying that 10 jets on a night training mission were the cause of the strange lights reported as UFOs. They further said there were no UFOs there.

Originally they said that they did not have any aircraft out that night, and that there were no commercial jets in the area either. They changed their story!

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

Now isn't that both interesting and amazing? The military changed their story! This has to be a first!!

Thanks for passing that along.
Ten jets -- all glued together. Count 'em! Ten jets!
Which according to a hundred or more witnesses, were all flying along in total silence!

Actually I think the military originally said that they had no aircraft in the area, and that the UFO sightings were actually the reflection of light off two commercial airliners. (Which I guess happened to be flying along in tandem.)

Ummm...Wait a second...Or was that the second thing they said, or the third, or...

Now we can at least be pretty sure that something was going on they'd rather we didn't know about...

[edit on 23-1-2008 by JustMike]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Drawing of UFO seen in woods by hunter Ricky Sorrells.

I think ATS should contact and interviewe Ricky!!!

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Looks like F-16s to me!!!!!

[edit on 23-1-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
ive been wondering, had this ufo landed in texas what would have been the reaction of the military,what would they do & the public? After landing lets say it stayed there for 15 minutes everybody got there photos & videos then it took off. what would happen then?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chan_chan

Good question. Quarantine the area on some pretext and surround it with military? Nothing in/nothing out? Or use more "drastic" methods? (For example, threads on this site have discussed the existence of what appear to be well-prepared "concentration camps" in the USA. And there is also documented evidence on this site of stacks of tens of thousands of containers that could be used for -- ummm -- burial or cremation purposes.)

I sure don't know what the outcome would be but if one of these things does land and wait around awhile I'd rather it was somewhere like Central Park in NYC or another large, very well-populated location on this planet with plenty of media around, which they just could not hush up. Otherwise, I hold grave fears for the people who are in the vicinity...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chan_chan
ive been wondering, had this ufo landed in texas what would have been the reaction of the military,what would they do & the public? After landing lets say it stayed there for 15 minutes everybody got there photos & videos then it took off. what would happen then?

In all probability the next item on the MSM would be about an outbreak of some deadly, highly contagious disease, and how the military have cordoned of this 'large' area.... nothing in and nothing out.

I would then hazard a guess that, depending on the amount of civilians involved, the extent of their cooperation (or lack of), how much info has got out already, and how easily that info is debunked, you would have:

a/ a few locals who have apparently (and suddenly) got a lot wealthier, and who have signed non-disclosure agreements

b/ ... or a list of casualties who have 'succumbed to the highly contagious disease' which, after a suitable period of quarantine ( the ufo has taken off and the area has been sanitised), will be announced as having been contained and eliminated.

In between those two options I'm sure there are other contingencies for any other surprises that may surface.

This is of course pure speculation and opinion

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Dagar]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"Man claims to have video of alleged UFO"

cbs11tv.com...

Edit to show right link.. Better link from the source.. CBS 11 News, the vid is on the right.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Heads up everyone!

Larry King is doing another show on the Texas UFO right now.

They are now asking if the sighting is being covered up.

It is the second half hour of the show.

edit:

If you missed it, it will be on again at midnight and 3:00 AM EST.

[edit on 1/24/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Thanks for the heads-up about Larry King. I didn't have a chance to catch the show here (and I guess many others are in the same boat) so if you have any info we'd be glad for it.

Just referring back to previous posts about how the military now says they had ten fighter jets conducting training flights the night most of the UFO sightings occurred, I find it pretty amazing that their reason for earlier denying they had any planes in the area was simply that they "made a mistake"!

Well..actually "amazing" might be the wrong word. "Laughable" would be better.

Last time I saw an fighter jet fly overhead it made one heck of a noise. I wouldn't like to be under ten of them flying close together. But then, maybe that had special silenced versions?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What would be your reaction if you saw this?

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think the MUFON guy in Texas made a great point after hearing about the jet excuse (I'm paraphrasing):

"Ten jets? Well let's just have them fly up there again and recreate the whole thing and prove it!"

Some good points in the Dallas morning news:
1) Very hot and dangerous flares being released by F16 jets over populated areas is extremely dangerous--that's why it doesn't happen more often.

2) Training missions by jets are run at high altitude, not near the ground

3) And the obvious "silent" report of the UFO(s) vs. a jet. Only those witnesses that said they saw two jets chasing the UFO reported hearing jets.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Here is part of a transcript from the Larry King show last night. I have tried to post it as a news item, but it failed to post in six tries.

Stephenville UFO witness claims U.S. Air Force harassment:

SHERMER: What we're talking about is just that extra five or ten percent we can't explain. So, why not investigate, sure. But let's not construct a whole new world view around that.

FOX: We're not constructing a whole new world view. But I want to say really quickly, I met with a gentleman in Stephenville who unfortunately is not willing to go on the record right now because he's being harassed by the military. He's asked the military to stop harassing him. Their response is, stop talking about what you saw. And it's the most unambiguous -- he didn't see lights. He saw the craft.

SHERMER: Well --

FOX: And it was huge.

KING: They don't want him to talk about it?

FOX: He said, stop harassing me. They said, you stop talking about what you saw. I believe this guy. From the core of his being, he was being honest with me. There are being people harassed right now by the military, telling them to shut up.

SHERMER: What if it is a top secret military aircraft we don't want --

FOX: We should know about that technology. If they have technology that can fly around without making any sound without disturbing the wind, talking off in the flash of an eye -- it's obviously not getting here on Jet A fuel. With climate change and all these other issues, we should know about this technology. We paid for it.

SHERMER: In part, that's true. Except, on a need to know basis, there are certain national security reasons that people --

FOX: Then they've been hiding these craft for 60 years now. And I don't believe that.

KING: What are they afraid of, Michael?

SHERMER: Well, because if we have technologies, we don't want our enemies to know about. Naturally, we're not going to share it.

Interesting, I'll say.SHERMER: What we're talking about is just that extra five or ten percent we can't explain. So, why not investigate, sure. But let's not construct a whole new world view around that.

FOX: We're not constructing a whole new world view. But I want to say really quickly, I met with a gentleman in Stephenville who unfortunately is not willing to go on the record right now because he's being harassed by the military. He's asked the military to stop harassing him. Their response is, stop talking about what you saw. And it's the most unambiguous -- he didn't see lights. He saw the craft.

SHERMER: Well --

FOX: And it was huge.

KING: They don't want him to talk about it?

FOX: He said, stop harassing me. They said, you stop talking about what you saw. I believe this guy. From the core of his being, he was being honest with me. There are being people harassed right now by the military, telling them to shut up.

SHERMER: What if it is a top secret military aircraft we don't want --

FOX: We should know about that technology. If they have technology that can fly around without making any sound without disturbing the wind, talking off in the flash of an eye -- it's obviously not getting here on Jet A fuel. With climate change and all these other issues, we should know about this technology. We paid for it.

SHERMER: In part, that's true. Except, on a need to know basis, there are certain national security reasons that people --

FOX: Then they've been hiding these craft for 60 years now. And I don't believe that.

KING: What are they afraid of, Michael?

SHERMER: Well, because if we have technologies, we don't want our enemies to know about. Naturally, we're not going to share it.

Interesting, I'd say. M.I.B.s bothering people in Stephenville? I really wonder if this is the gent who claimed he saw a craft three times over his land while hunting. Heres a link to the full transcript:

Larry King Transcript, 1/24/2008

[edit on 1/26/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

Many thanks for posting those details from the transcript and also the link to the transcript itself. I read the whole thing on the website link (the UFO part that is) and find it encouraging that these days, credible people who have made UFO sightings are being treated with a lot more respect by the media than it seems they were in the past. And finally we have mainstream media willing (or daring) to ask if there is some kind of cover-up going on. This is a good sign!

I also agree with the prior poster who put up the remark that if it was really just ten jets, why doesn't the Air Force just repeat that training mission to confirm their version is correct? I think the answer is clear: unless they have fighter jets that fly in total silence they can't confirm any such thing.

On that point, did you notice that the skeptic on King's program tried to imply that because stealth bombers are very quiet that what people saw may have een something similar? He went about it very cleverly, only using association and implication, but I'm sure now some people will be thinking "oh, it was just a flight of stealth bombers on a training run"!

However, the Air Force said they were F16's, didn't they?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by TheAvenger

And finally we have mainstream media willing (or daring) to ask if there is some kind of cover-up going on.

True but sometimes I'm more sceptical of the mainstream media than UFO's.

I do agree..... I guess it just depends on how its being reported....... with a smile or seriously.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

Yes, I must admit that the previous Larry King program could have done without the imbecilic little UFO graphics that took us into each commercial break. It was as if to give the impression "Oh, we're just talking about Little Green Men in their flying saucers (giggle giggle)", and frankly it degraded the whole segment. I was not able to see the latest (King) show but I would hope they didn't use those graphics again.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just heard that there is a man out there claiming to have actual footage of the ufos, but for some reason cant show it yet. i heard this on the dreamland podcast. also there is some off the record harassment done by the military/government to some of the locals in stevensville.

i cant wait to see that footage, i love F-16s. its awsome that they look like ufos.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by judasfish
I just heard that there is a man out there claiming to have actual footage of the ufos, but for some reason cant show it yet. i heard this on the dreamland podcast. also there is some off the record harassment done by the military/government to some of the locals in stevensville.

James Fox on Larry King said that one witness was indeed being harassed by the government, being told not to talk about the huge object he saw anymore.

This is also a funny news post I just found:
www.heraldtribune.com...

On Jan. 18, Newsweek published a “Web Exclusive” about the Stephenville, Tex., UFO entitled “Demons in the Dark.” A “Web Exclusive” means it’s a little too ghetto for a spot on the printed page.

-snip-

Back in the good old days, when magazines like Newsweek used real reporters, they might’ve been more curious about the Air Force’s confusion. They would’ve picked up the phone and called witnesses like Steve Allen, a pilot whose work number is still listed in the original local newspaper report.

And Allen would probably have repeated his original story, about how weird it was to see the UFO making its initial approach from the southeast, pass out of sight, then reverse course back toward the southeast — while being chased by two jet fighters. And then the reporter would look at the map and wonder if the jets were scrambled because the UFO was on a direct line toward restricted air space around President Bush’s Crawford ranch.

Good stuff!

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join