It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Escapism.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
As for people taking drugs, I believe they do it because they can't face the reality of their situation.

In some cases that is true...as it is the same with religion.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
" cant face the reality of teir situation "

are you kidding me? Im religious and am christian but didnot grow up it.

beforei was not chrstian i never drank, or smoked, but how i am was implanted in my heart. What jesus teaches is not a drug, its (iplanted) in my heart before i ever read about him.

How can you say this is true about all believers?

peace.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wishful thinking gets you everytime. They want to believe that people that believe in religion are mental so that their support of other ideas can be seen as acceptable.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It is wishful thinking, atleast for me.

I do not use religion for a drung, nor did I grow up in it, what I believe is real for me and the miracles to lead me here a real to me.

So they are speaking for people who join churches right after 9/11 or something just ou of fear, but do not understand the reality of the religion they are attempting to explore.

peace.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
How can you say this is true about all believers?

You can read what I wrote, can't you?

"That is true with some drug (users)...as it is also with religion."

Meaning that it applies to both. I thought that it was quite clear.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Jonna,

what are you 'into?'

everyone believes in something even if they are an atheist.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
sorry. misundrstood you.

peace.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

sorry. misundrstood you.

peace.

No problem. Sorry if I sounded bitchy, but that is because I am one.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Jonna,

what are you 'into?'

Not easy to explain as it is just something that I developed over time. A cross breed of quantum physics, eastern philosophy and various sciences. I was raised christian, turned athiest/existentialist when I was old enough to decide and now grew into the ideas that I believe currently.

I do think that there is a 'god thing', but I believe that it has very few to none of the similarites that the major religions attribute to it. It may sound strange, but I believe in the 'god thing' through science and logic instead of Faith.

One of the stranger and seemingly uncommon concepts concerning it is that the 'god thing' (I keep calling it that so people don't automaticly bring into their heads the common christian concept of what God is) is that it does not have consciousness. What I mean to say is that it IS consciousness without HAVING (being) conscious. A bit like matter is energy, but energy is not always matter. Confusing? Yep!

God=Energy=Consciousness=Reality=Absolute Truth

I thought that I explained it well in the God As I thread when I said something to the effect of:

God is the ocean where there is nothing but the ocean. People, animals, rocks, trees, all matter (coporial shells) are similar to cups which scoop up the water of the ocean and thus divide the One who is only One and is indivisible. So everything in existence is water (god) but not the ocean (god).

Strangely enough, it makes sense to my twisted mind.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Taking care of yourself and family, and living for the now.

You only go around once, although I do believe in the soul, so make the best of it. I dont know what comes next and no matter what the preacher or guru or space aliens say nobody here does either, death is a leap into the great unknown so why worry about it. Live your life right and let the chips fall where they may.

If you cant bring your self to love your neighbor at least dont harm him for no reason. Neither fear nor trust nor hate anyone the first two are foolish and the last is a waste of time.

Be good to your family and have a blast whenever possible because today might be your last and wouldnt it be a shame if your last words to your wife or kids was "you stupid bitch?"

I guess what I am trying to say is until we are spirit we are human and thats not bad so enjoy

<< 1   >>

join