It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gizmodo banned for remotely shutting down LCDs at CES

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They deserved to be banned.

Now if they had only done it a few times and it was when no presentation was going on, you could say it's a little bit funny. But when you have entire walls of TV's shutting off during important presentations when companies are talking about new products, you're taking it too far and you're just showing that you have no respect at all for the people who are on stage trying to give a presentation.

The video Gizmodo put up doesn't show everything they did. I have a friend who is an admin on a tech forum who was there and he said it was funny at first when only a couple were turning off. Then for a little while it seemed like it was happening every 5 minutes and that there had to be more than one person doing it because it would happen in different areas at the same time. Then when presentations would start is when it got really heated and wouldn't stop. He said one guy got soo angry he threw his remote he was using to go through his presentation and saw a woman get soo upset she slammed a laptop.

Stuff like this was funny when I was 15 and did it at my high school. Which was around 13 years ago. I'm 28 now and don't find it very funny when it can cause people to get fired.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I don't see for the life of mine how one can think that "it's cool". People have business to do

he turned off a couple of tv sets, which were using way too much electricity i might add, (hundreds of tv sets operating over a few hours time just to try and sell stuff is a giant waste of resources IMO) you dont need to have trade show to make people go absolutely mental over a new product, this happens anyways. Also i must point out that he did little harm as these companies manke more money in a day than you will make in 3 lifetimes. It is for this reason alone that i really dont feel bad for those companies.
Yeah i think its funny those companies dont care about you or me and laugh at us all the time for buying their 2nd rate products ( yeah nothing is built with quality in mind anymore) for super high prices.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join