It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton to Sharpton on 'Fairytale' Remark and Obama's War Stance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Bill Clinton to Sharpton on 'Fairytale' Remark and Obama's War Stance

www.observer.com

Bill Clinton just called into Al Sharpton’s radio show to explain what he meant when he referred to Barack Obama’s campaign as a fairytale.
“First of all, that’s not true,” Clinton said. “It’s not a fairytale. He might win. I think he’s a very impressive man and he’s run a great campaign. I was addressing a specific argument [Obama made] that had never been brought up in the debate."
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
Another Clinton trying to save face and gain some points for the campaign.

He probably realized that by smearing Obama he made his wife look bad.

Well, he is making himself look bad (Clinton).

Bill won't be able to get out of this corner so easily. Sharpton is on his tail (reptilian eh
).

Obama's argument, Clinton said, was that “[Obama's] relative lack of service in the Senate was not relevant, because he had better judgment than all the Democrats, because he had always been against the Iraq war in every year.
And there was, at that time, there was no difference between his position and President Bush’s."

“Wait a minute," said Sharpton, who hasn't yet endorsed a candidate. "Senator Obama said there was no difference in his position and President Bush’s?”

“Look, there could be a perfectly good explanation for it [why he would say that]. Maybe he felt once it was done, he just wanted it to work, including the U.N. My point is it disproves the argument that everybody else was wrong and he was right.”

Wow...Kiss ass much?

After praising Obama again, Clinton added, “And I have gone out of my way not to express any personal disrespect for him or his campaign, even when they’ve been fairly critical of me and Hillary.”

And he keeps the massaging...

Don't worry Clintons, I got your back (ha). I'll be watching you coming the next election. Don't you worry.

www.observer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Here is the original statement Bill made about Obama on youtube:

Flip-flop much? Or are you just unsure about your priorities?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Bill is right. Obama is running on a lie. He is the void that everyone places their hopes and desires in, imo.

[edit on 2008/1/11 by SteveR]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Steve,

Bill maybe right about Obama not standing a chance. Against his wife, I don't really know if anyone stands a chance.

Most people vote for her in name only. She is a Clinton and that alone may be enough to gain her access to the Oval (or is it Oral Billy old boy?) office.

As you can tell, I'm no fan of the Clinton family. I would rather not see the Bush-Clinton dynasty continue. Let's see...4 years of Dub Sr, 8 of BC, 8 of Dub Jr, 4-8 of HC? Almost 3 decades for 2 families to be ruling the country?

Makes me sick.

I'd much rather see Kucinich and Paul run together...Let's hope no one assassinates them before election time comes...And if they do get killed, we'll know they were too dangerous to the establishment...And Civil War part 2 will start.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I would rather not see the Bush-Clinton dynasty continue.

Dynasty? You make it sound like they wrought the same damages on America. H.W. left the country in economic ruins, Clinton rode on the "it's the economy, stupid" ticket and won, left office with a surplus which made history. The Bushes wanted to return to put things back as they liked, stealing the election from Al Gore, leaving us in this mess.

There's a choice. The best qualified candidates, Biden, Dodd, are out already. You either choose a liability, polarizers like Kucinich and Paul, or you return to the peace and prosperity of the clinton era.

Give them a chance as you did before. It's not like this 'dynasty' can continue, who else is going to take over? Jeb? Chelsea? No-one would vote for them.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Steve,

I doubt there will be any peace under Hillary Clinton. She has basically pledged support for a war in Iran. She will continue the occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq, and possibly start another war.

It is a dynasty.

Just thank God you don't live in the US and have to deal with these fools.

I've given Hillary a chance when she was elected Senator of a state she never lived in. After I heard her speak, I could tell she was full of it.

She's not the same 'lover of life' that she was when Bill was Prez. They've both hardened with time.

Corrupt to the bone.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I doubt there will be any peace under Hillary Clinton.

Are you a betting man, G?

She has basically pledged support for a war in Iran.

If she goes through with that, the Clinton name is ruined, period. I get the feeling that's something she desires to avoid. I hope I'm right about that. As for her talk, she is intelligent enough to know the elite have to be pacified if you want to get anywheres. The Clintons are notorious for their powerful support network, when she is in power, and she will be, her ass will be covered so she can make the right decisions. The strategy is tried and tested.

Just thank God you don't live in the US and have to deal with these fools.

Touche.

I've given Hillary a chance when she was elected Senator of a state she never lived in.

I'll concede that was just a play in the game.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A few updates...

Clinton camp hits Obama | Attacks 'painful' for black voters

Sharp criticism of Barack Obama and other comments about Martin Luther King Jr. — all from people associated with Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign — have generated resentment among some black S.C. voters.

The Clinton-Obama battle has the potential to become a wrenching divide for black voters. Historically those voters have been strong backers of Bill and Hillary Clinton. But many black voters now are drawn to the prospect of a black man winning the presidency.

Those on both sides say watching the battle unfold in the Palmetto State, where black voters could cast half of the votes in the Democratic primary, won’t be pretty.

The Clintons really put their foot in their own mouth this time (no surprise). Bill really has no idea how to behave in public. His wife is no better it seems.

But the state’s only African-American congressman was quoted in The New York Times Friday saying he is reconsidering that stance in light of comments from Clinton.

She raised eyebrows in New Hampshire when she credited President Lyndon Baines Johnson, not the assassinated John F. Kennedy or King, for passing civil rights legislation.

“It is one thing to run a campaign and be respectful of everyone’s motives and actions, and it is something else to denigrate those,” Clyburn told the Times. “That bothered me a great deal.”

Maybe we will see an end to the Clinton DYNASTY. Yes Steve

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nothing will change the fact that Obama is riding on an anti-war ticket. So often used is the statement that he never supported the war from the getgo. Proven lie, fairytale is right!

What other reasons are there to support Barack Hussein Obama?

1. He's Black. Sort of. Makes alot of people feel good inside. Gotta love reverse discrimination!

2. He's a member of this black-only Church.

3. He's been a U.S. Senator for one term.

4. He's an all-around nice guy.

5. He has plenty of fresh, new advisors for change!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Maybe we will see an end to the Clinton DYNASTY.

OK, OK, let's clear things up.

It's the Bush Dynasty you're thinking of. Prescott, George Herbert Walker, George Walker, Jeb. I count three generations and four individuals in public office.

Clintons are relatively new on the block, and none (yet) have been groomed for office by a politician in the family. There's no politicial bloodline, therefore no DYNASTY.

Get outta that one.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think Clinton has a point though. You can read about it Here...

Obama isn't truthful, Bill called him on it. This has nothing to do with a dynasty, it has to do with who is the best man/woman for the job.

[edit on 1/12/2008 by JessicaS]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Bill Clinton sounds off on backlash

Former President Bill Clinton is expressing frustration with the backlash in the black community over his claim in New Hampshire that the press has coddled Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill).

“This is what happens any time anyone tries to question a statement or a position of Senator Obama,” Clinton says in an interview now airing on Sirius satellite radio. “The response is, ‘You’re attacking me personally,’ and that relieves him of the obligation to address the substance.”

Don't worry Billy ol' boy, you did it to yourself.

While he may not have been personally attacking Obama or people of color in general, the public seems to have taken it this way.

I wonder what would have given them that idea? Maybe your arrogance my friend.

"I brag on Barack Obama in every speech I give — every single one,” Clinton said. “I have given hundreds of speeches all over America and anybody who has heard me speak, or my wife, will tell you, I always start by bragging on Senator Obama and the other candidates as well. And I respect why many in the African-American community are supporting him and how proud they are of him."

Bill, you really just need to stop talking.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Biggie.... I'm so glad you brought up race..... gives me an excuse to say this.

Obama isn't African American...... He's mixed. His mother was white, his father was black. He shouldn't have the right to say he's black when he's not. It ignores his white heritage. Personally I'm sick of him pulling a race card he is only 1/2 a member of. He does it for votes... and yes, it's dishonest.

It's another lie on a pile of lies. The only reason Clinton is tripping on himself now is this.... he's playing the race card. For him to not acknowledge what is said bout him being portrayed as a racist, would be foolish and harmful to his wife's campaign.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JessicaS

Bill is just trying his best. More power to him for the effort, and having the courage to deal with such a hot potato. God knows he is sick of the press already.

Obama's invunerability is nothing but a fairytale.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I like both Clinton and Obama, and I'm not sure yet who I will support. Anyone who's running for president is going to point out the weaknesses--or alleged weaknesses-- of their opponents and can expect to get some criticism as well. Most of the time Obama and Clinton seem to me carefully respectful of one another. I'm still looking for information which would confirm or deny Hillary's claim that Obama supported the war in Iraq at one time. Meanwhile, I think it's ok for Bill Clinton to explain his remark and try to de-escalate the tensions. Hillary is able to show some grace under fire and maybe Obama needs to learn to do the same. Even if the "fairy tale" accusation isn't true--and maybe it isn't-- he should be able to refute it and move on. I think the press has made a big to-do about the whole thing, and is probably blowing it out of proportion.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Senator Obama moves onto the “ten most wanted” list in 2007. In 2006, it was discovered that Obama was involved in a suspicious real estate deal with an indicted political fundraiser, Antoin “Tony” Rezko. In 2007, more reports surfaced of deeper and suspicious business and political connections It was reported that just two months after he joined the Senate, Obama purchased $50,000 worth of stock in speculative companies whose major investors were his biggest campaign contributors. One of the companies was a biotech concern that benefited from legislation Obama pushed just two weeks after the senator purchased $5,000 of the company’s shares. Obama was also nabbed conducting campaign business in his Senate office, a violation of federal law.

source: judicial watch

new topics

top topics

join