It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is George Noory right for the job ????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I don't mind George at all. I listen to C2C pretty regularly and it's the best radio show there is IMO.

If anything, he is a bit too nice to people, but it seems what some of you are asking for is him to push an agenda, rather than allowing people to get their point of view across.

The only thing I do not like about the show is open lines. I turn it off or skip(streamlink subscriber) past the open lines most of the time. Just caller after caller who wants to give their uninteresting and usually boring story.

When I see open lines as the topic for the night, I don't even bother with it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
When I see open lines as the topic for the night, I don't even bother with it.

For the most part I agree with you about open lines, but once in a while there is a true gem of a call that comes through. I guess it's like fishing. You get a lot of little ones, but are always hoping for the big one.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
My opinions on the show

Sure, every theory should be given a chace, even the really really stupid ones. But don´t bring back the guests who are again and again proven wrong.

Question more. Don´t let guests off so easy. The hosts usually needs to be the voice of reason when the guests make outrageous claims. Sure, make the claims, but back them up or the program just gets boring.

The show is turing to all free-for-all scamartists.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I miss Art . I love C2C. I cant find radio anywhere else that has the topics like this show so I endure George.I listen on line the next day but I have to admit I been skipping a lot of the shows. Are there anymore internet streams with the same kind of topics??

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by raindrop

"Is George Noory right for the job ????"

You needed four question marks? To answer, no. He is not. He is a total bore. plucky is bored out of her bootie-socks when I hear him speak. We all know what the "floating format" is...an excuse to sound progressive, and poop.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torlough
Well you are not alone. Although I didn't notice it so much in the interviews but some of his guests. The last two weeks they have been right leaning relegious nutters.

I have noticed that he and Alex Jones are crossing paths more. I have not heard anyone from c2c on Alex show but he has been mentioning it now and then over the last month or so. Maybe they think they have a shrinking niche market that overlaps alot and they are trying to cross promote and help shore up each other's listenership.

I just know it was weird hearing Alex on c2c since he always makes sure to mention on his show how he does not buy into that alien/bigfoot/shadow people crap.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by youg_george
My opinions on the show

Sure, every theory should be given a chace, even the really really stupid ones. But don´t bring back the guests who are again and again proven wrong.

Question more. Don´t let guests off so easy. The hosts usually needs to be the voice of reason when the guests make outrageous claims. Sure, make the claims, but back them up or the program just gets boring.

The show is turing to all free-for-all scamartists.

I agree about bringing the people who are consistently wrong back to the show. I usually ignore them. Like Ed Danes, I never listen to that anymore. And anytime they bring so called psychics on, I turn it off. I have no time for that stuff.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
George is so stupid it hurts. I endured him for years, but I finally had enough and cancelled my subscription(s). He seems to be getting worse, with his not paying attention to his guests, assinine questions, and his right-leaning religious gullibility was the last straw. Now, if they'd only can him and the annoying sidekick, Ian, in favour of Art, George Knapp and Roley, I'd definitely subscribe again.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
George Noory is not right for Coast to Coast.
Art Bell was and is the best (never to be replaced), but surely to god they can find someone BETTER than Noory and Ian Punnett!

George Knapp would be better.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't trust George.
His sugary I’m your best friend veneer doesn’t fool me for a bit.
He’s just a phony.
Sure he’s a sweet kind’a guy when things are all going his way.
But have you ever heard what’s under his facade?
Listen real close.
When he's mad or he doesn't' like something he can be downright evil.
I say evil because when he does slip I think you’re hearing the REAL George.
IMO he thinks his *callers* are all a bunch of suckers.
Especially after his *I'm going to use the ouija board on the air* farce.
Whatever little credibility he might have had with me at that point went right out the window. What a nut - building it up like a screwball for weeks and then refusing to do the show for the *good of all*...

Ian Punnett on the other hand ROCKS!
Would love to have him take George's place.

*P*E*A*C*E*

[edit on 31-12-2008 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

well I something am ticked off that George Noory does not ask follow up questions or that he does not challenge the guest he has on when they say something questionable . that being said , George Napp is a pinko commie , every gust he has on is a commie , take last night the 30th I think the guy he had on was a flaming commie he makes me sick. I really miss Art Bell .

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It is not just you. There are many, many others who have been questioning George Noory being the heir to what Art built. George Knapp would have been a much better choice.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think you've got it wrong. He's exactly the right guy for this job. Even though he may be somewhat out of his element in the very technical subject matter, his style and empathy for guests and callers keeps people listening, and that keeps advertisers advertising... and that keeps C2C on the air. The only people who would be disappointed in George's interview style for the technical material would be listeners who understand it better than he does. That's a small minority. I suspect most folks listening would want to ask the guest the same kinds of questions ('dumb questions or not') that George asks - and therefore they identify and connect with him.

That said - I also like George Knapp very much and am glad he's on once a week... but more than that would be too much, but perhaps they could make Sunday nights the "technical" night.

I'm sorry, but I find Ian tiresome. That's not anything personal, just my preference. I often turn him off in favor of television or something else on radio.

I was very disappointed when Art Bell started having al lhis back problems and so forth, but as George Noory was on more and more, and started to really influence the show.. I became a fan.

Overall - Coast has clearly become George Noory's show, and it's his style that is keeping listeners coming back night after night. That's what will keep the show on the air (which I think is what we all want). Coast gets into some wacko stuff, but it also is the only public forum for the 'serious' subjects covered.

Thanks everyone for letting me express my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
George does a good job when he has on an interesting guest. When they set up a guest i am sure they are all hoping they will turn out interesting but lately it seems some guests are boring and uninterested in the interview. I think george notices this too, and when the guest gets boring, his questions get a little boring, because both george and the guest are starring at the clock wondering when it will all end.

(personal opinion alert)
And for the love of something good, would he please stop talking about shadow-people. Everytime he mentions shadow people it is like nails on the chalk-board. And that goes for anything about ghosts as well. (end personal opinion alert)

My point in summary is for the producer to pick more intelligent and interesting guests. Than george shall shine.

Good thread OP

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

I think George would be a good insurance salesman; Or perhaps a seller of brown shoes.

The fact that George is on the Radio making tons of money, leaves me little hope for mankind as a species.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Art Bell is a master interviewer. Noory is like some guy off the street interviewing guests, many times ill prepared. That being said, Noory will touch subjects Bell is afraid to go near with a ten foot pole, such as NWO, 911, one world government, Alex Jones, etc.
Some weeks the show gets boring with its subject matter, for instance one week they had a whole line up of esp guests, they need to do a better job of branching out and getting creative.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think George does "ask the good questions", when a guest is on. Most of the time I'll be thinking ..I wish he'd ask such and such..and he usual does.

Thats a tuff show to host and please all.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I started listening to C2C when Art Bell hosted for only a few short months. I was hooked and have been listening ever since.

I actually like George Noory, but that's because I like the topics more. Since the economic collapse particularly, topics of privacy, new world order, economic breakdown, state sovereignty, secret societies etc. is more my personal interest.

Topics on Nibiru, shadow people, spirits, time travel really bore me because I feel as though such topics entirely waste my time. Guests actually "specialize" in these areas, yet, still furnish no evidence to prove such things exist? Which means they are on for four hours a show to talk about nothing?

It's only a personal choice...but I much prefer George Noory and the topics help satisfy conspiracy theorists like myself actually looking for the truth.

The truth is, C2C has drawn a VERY LARGE audience of conspiracy theorists and NWO believers that had no show to listen to besides Alex Jones. I have a feel C2C has shifted to these topics because we see national and global headlines that are playing into the NWO on a daily basis.

Just my thoughts...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Usually I get frusterated because he doesnt ask great follow up questions.
But if you ask the producers and the network then yes, he is the right man for the job because he brings in the money.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've only been listening to coast for a year or so.George is the only presenter i've really known.The point that a lot of his detractors seem to be making is that he dose'nt call out his guests enough and argue with them.
I prefer his neutral approach,let the listeners decide if the guest is full of sh*t or not.
I think to many people go for the Alex Jones style of confrontation and that just does'nt suit coast,i've heard Art Bell a few times and find a bit sulky and moody that's when he's not droning on about his family.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join