It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is George Noory right for the job ????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Is George Noory the right man [or woman] for the job? Is it just me? Or is anyone else always finding the questions that George asks on topics he doesn’t understand, either nonsensical, ridiculous, or just plain stupid? He’s great as a introducer, in commercials and touchy-feely subjects, but as an interviewer on science and technology topics, he’s so phony. Considering the importance of the topics and making connections between the different guests, I really wish that either Rollye James or George Knapp took over the weekdays. Am I wrong?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well you are not alone. Although I didn't notice it so much in the interviews but some of his guests. The last two weeks they have been right leaning relegious nutters. I guess some people enjoy that, but I think it has almost become a long winded commercial for the christian paranoid right. Hey I woud rather hear about the conspiracy the cover ups the UFOS without everything leading back to the Illuminati and christian relegion. But that is just me.

I did notice that I was enjoying Art Bells Brief return, I wish he was on more.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I love listening to George Noory. I think that he always treats his guests and callers with total respect. He seems like such a kind and warm man. I think that he asks questions that to some may seem nonsensical, ridiculous, or just plain stupid, but maybe he does that for the listeners benefit. Some of us are not up to speed in certain subjects and really appreciate that George takes the time to have the guest explain. Just my opinion, but I really enjoy his style.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Noory was out of his element when he interviewed Jayson Rand and especially Michio kaku this week. Kaku humoured him. The topics discussed with Kaku were fascinating despite Noory's ridiculous responses and questions.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I must admit it took awhile to warm up to George after the Master Art took his newest retirement hiatus. Noory gets the job done. I hate to talk bad about him because he is so kind hearted and empathetic. He just has his own style. I must say I never miss Art on his brief appearances. And I really like Knapp. In a perfect world a nice mix of the three would be great.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
George Snoory is embarrassing to listen to. He is completely gullible and will believe anything a guest tells him. Rather than challenging a guest and their preposterous claim(s) and risk embarrassing and insulting them, George just reads them another question from the guest prepared and supplied script.

The whole show has turned into an advertising sham built around many disinformation guests. It's become an infomercial, to sell you timeshares, and flashlights, and (old school) AM radios, and prostate pills, and books, tarot cards, snake oils, DVDs, remote viewing how-to kits, xray glasses, spy rings, bigfoot trading cards, and what other junk nobody really needs (and this economic crash will prove it when their revenue dries up).

Until someone like Art comes along again, our time is best spent sleeping at night. George is only concerned about George, ha, and to heck with the truth.
A waste of time listening to him. He makes a fool of himself when he goes along with some of this utter nonsense. That Ouija board ordeal a while back shows us how dupish and superstitious he can be. Embarrassing. I say fire him on the grounds of mental incompetence, ha.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yes Divinorus, the advertising went way over the top some time ago and is a sore spot for me as well. It has brought my level of enjoyment of c2c way down.
Art interviewing Malachi Martin was top level skill. I am also saddened by what it has become.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
George is beyond pathetic. He has absolutely no skill as an interviewer. Ever notice how he will ask a question that the interviewee has just answered. He should spend some time listening to the guest and responding, instead of his inane questions that are frequently out of context.

He seems like a wimp that sucks up obvious BS rather than ask some challenging questions to his usually boring guest that are just promoting a stupid book, DVD, website, psychic hotline service or bogus RV course.

C2C isn't even entertaining anymore. I heard it referred to as Hoax2Hoax.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
George is out of place. He gives it all he has, but he doesnt have the knowledge to interview, where Art Bell is a master of Interviewing skills.

Ian Punnett just does his own #- doesnt care about the show foremat. George's way out of getting out of something he doesnt understand is to say "NEXT CALLER....."

:shk:

[edit on 4-4-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
[edit on 4-4-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have to say that George Noory lets good info come out. I'm fairly certain Art Bell is a dis-info agent. Noory really gets in to some touchy subjects in my opinion.

I like George Noory better than Rolly James or Ian Punnett.(spelling)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Tonight 'open loones', when every crackhead socially lonely people will talk about how their cats claw the shadow people.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
George Noory just isn't the right guy for the show. He does ask ridiculous and simplistic questions, doing no justice to the interview. He'll often ask questions of the guest that have already been answered in the dialogue moments ago: It's as if he isn't paying attention.
Even more ridiculous is how his questions are continually 'out of context.'

Also, he panders like crazy to EVERY single guest (very few exceptions here). This is probably why people have likened the show to that of an infomercial.

Art Bell usually challenged his guests with skepticism, and if he didn't, then at least he made it clear that he believed in their particular theories. He was more genuine than Noory.

I also am absolutely tired of Noory's childishness: Bringing on Dr. Morgus and pretending it was authentic; or pretending to channel his 'future' self from hundreds of years ahead in the timeline (or whatever time frame).
Ughhh...he's just turned the show into a mockery.
Even when Art was hosting a completely ridiculous show it was still entertaining as hell because the calls were unscreened.

You can't take Noory seriously at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sample dialog between George and a Guests.....

Guest...so there I was George, on a white table, unable to move and the aliens, that resemble warts on a dog. And George they were huge, about the size of Wilt Chamberlen. And they had started to probe me with a cylinder shaped object that was very phallic in appearance.

George... the aliens were wearing brown shoes...right? Did you notice any strange smells...could you tell if the shoes were what a normal business man would wear or were they more casual in style? My daughter in St. Louis has brown shoes... and now west of the Rockies....Carla in Albuquerque...you're on Coast to Coast...what's on your mind Carla?

Phone in guest....George, my daughter also has brown shoes but she lives in Tampa and works for the phone company. An George, she can dance the Hoochi Coo like people on "Dancing with the Stars"

George...Right, phone company employees are required to wear brown shoes and not just in Tampa but world wide. Good sturdy brown shoes...
Wild Card Line....your'e on Coast to Coast....

Phone in Guest....George, my cat just clawed the bejebbus out of a shadow person....

George...Did you notice the footwear of the Shadow person? I'm almost certain they were brown... right? My question is "do shadow men ever wear sandals?" We will have to ask next weeks guest, Hal Lindsey....

cue music.... Peruvian flutes....CC crane has just come out with the essential radio for emergencies....

Me.....ZZZZZZZZZZ

[edit on 28-11-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't think it's George's fault. I've been listening to the show for a while and I think it's the fault of the network and the person who takes the calls... whoever is assigned the task of picking up on the calls is doing a horrible job. The callers on his show are like

"I've seen some white light and I think it's a spirit"
"I think I've seen a shadow person before, it looked like a regular person and then I saw it and it was gone"
"I saw this women come on my bed and then it vanished"

I mean seriously some of these calls are hilarious but it's his fault for taking them seriously. This is a conspiracy show. It's not a comedy show. Sometimes he makes it one.

I think that it would be awesome if George Napp took over. George Napp is really good at that kind of stuff. I don't mind George Noory. Sometimes he has good nights, but, when he doesn't understand something he just sounds a little childish.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Poor George

I share the feelings of the earlier posters and at times really miss art . George seems to have difficulty retaining info and will often miss an opportunity to ask a great question . He also has a tendency to cut off a guest during a monumental answer . Perhaps George has some condition ? Or perhaps he is to busy doing other things such as paying more attention to the fast blasts that come in rather then paying attention to his guest .
But the truth of the matter is that as long as C2C keeps getting the ratings it does nothing will change . Perhaps George , who does follow ATS , will start doing research on a topic before he does an interview and stop relying on fast blasts and his "charm" as his main source of inspiration for questions .
I have also noticed a "tone change " from George when at times a guest shows a bit of irritation and frustration at George's lack of understanding of answers .

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think George started out in journalism as some sort of crime reporter in Detroit. Whenever the subject is crime or chicanery he is razor sharp and subtle.

He does two things that irritate the heck out of me. He messes up on the pronounciation of many personal and place names. That's just unprofessional. He should take the time to write out phonetic pronounciations of words he doesn't know, and learn them. His idols, people like Walter Cronkite, would have done that. When you don't, you put everything you say into question.

The second thing he does that irritates me is pretend that he is as current on a subject as the experts he is interviewing. That is just embarrassing.

He is a nice person though. I like George Knapp as well and also Ian Punnett. I think the show is in fairly good shape, but I don't listen as much as I used to.

Bottom line. Art Bell was an original. There will never be another one.

Incidentally, Whaaa, hilarious post. Starred you for that.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
George Snoory is embarrassing to listen to. He is completely gullible and will believe anything a guest tells him. Rather than challenging a guest and their preposterous claim(s) and risk embarrassing and insulting them, George just reads them another question from the guest prepared and supplied script.

The whole show has turned into an advertising sham built around many disinformation guests. It's become an infomercial, to sell you timeshares, and flashlights, and (old school) AM radios, and prostate pills, and books, tarot cards, snake oils, DVDs, remote viewing how-to kits, xray glasses, spy rings, bigfoot trading cards, and what other junk nobody really needs (and this economic crash will prove it when their revenue dries up).

Until someone like Art comes along again, our time is best spent sleeping at night. George is only concerned about George, ha, and to heck with the truth.
A waste of time listening to him. He makes a fool of himself when he goes along with some of this utter nonsense. That Ouija board ordeal a while back shows us how dupish and superstitious he can be. Embarrassing. I say fire him on the grounds of mental incompetence, ha.

I don't listen to C&C as much as I used to and only tune in when they have an interesting topic or guest scheduled, but George Noory isn't gullible, he just goes along with the guest out of courtesy. C&C doesn't sell anything either, only subscriptions to their website membership. The ads that you hear are just sponsors.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by raindrop

There is one thing that Art Bell had/has, which George does not display, is that certain goofy-minded amphibians who were about to be not merely exotic but uninteresting, Art could spot them in 30 seconds and "so long"...whereas George trying to be open-minded just lets some fools dribble on with their garden-variety mental illness about that tingling feeling in their (pistachio) nuts...Art showed better knowledge-of-the-world in his instinctive screening/discrimination processes...If he kept on a weirdo the weirdo had better claims to interest...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Has a long time C2C listener, I really miss Art Bell. The man had a way of calling people out and straight up told people what he thought. If he was skeptical, he said it. If he was a believer, he acknowledged it and gave examples.

George on the other hand, seems to just go along with the most outlandish guests and their crazy theories without an ounce of skepticism and he rarely challenges his guests - a trait Art Bell was famous for.

I miss the good ol' days. *sigh*

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Artista]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join