It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone tell me what this is (pics)?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I was chilling in my backyard with my friend Paul. My roommates dog starts freaking out. She was running all over the yard whining and crying. I just assumed it was a cat so whatever. All of a sudden in the sky this craft whizzes in and slows down. It flew over my house, down a quarter mile or so then passed me again. It kept flying over my neighborhood. I remember on one pass it gained a lot of speed and shot like a bullet. Then it slowed down really quick. I would say it was about the size of maybe a cessna, perhaps a little bigger. I also want to note that it made absolutely no sound. Completely silent. It had lights on it as well, and there was one very big light that would occasionally flash very brightly on and off. Eventually it got really low to the ground and either sped off or landed because it completely disappeared. Of course, we were smart and in the excitement and disbelief of watching this, grabbed a couple of pics. Tell me what you think. It's hard to see because it's at night but if you zoom in you can make out the craft. Sorry about the large size.

img255.imageshack.us...

img169.imageshack.us...

img147.imageshack.us...

img151.imageshack.us...

img441.imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Take pity on someone with human-spectrum vision and give me some clues! What is it we are looking at? The tiny little lights?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

No stars?

Sorry, but I got to give a thumbs down.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You have to make sure to zoom in otherwise you won't see anything. Once you're zoomed you have to scroll around horizontally to see it but it should be obvious when you do. Sorry again about size and darkness if anyone knows how to brighten and resize I would appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

I've taken pictures outside at night on this camera before and stars have never shown up.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sorry, can't really see anything.... can u zoom in and upload it again?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ok, which image do you want us to brighten and resize?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well I think the first image shows whatever it is clearest. You guys should be able to zoom it just by clicking on the magnifying glass cursor but maybe this only happens on my browser (firefox). The object in the first image is the curvy tan/silvery thing with the light on top on the right side of the pic.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12
You have to ... (etc.)

No, we really don't. Perhaps you could redo the pictures to enhance and show exactly the source of the excitement for us?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

wtf what's with the attitude. I barely ever upload pics from my camera and I've never used photo software. Is it really too much to ask to simply click on the image to zoom and look for the bright silvery thing in pic #1 at least?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
img444.imageshack.us...

Here's what I'm talking about in the first pic. I'll crop the others down in mspaint.

img517.imageshack.us...

Thing in second pic.

img242.imageshack.us...

Third pic.

img136.imageshack.us...

4th

img209.imageshack.us...

5th

[edit on 10-1-2008 by lightworker12]

[edit on 10-1-2008 by lightworker12]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am going to be honest: As much as I want to believe you that looks like just some random lights to me. If you have your camera on nightvision at night and take pics of lights then they become blurry and distorted - and thats exactly what I see here. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My camera has no nightvision that I know of. Well there you go these are the object I'm talking about. I know it doesn't look like much and certainly doesn't relate what I saw very well but at least I have some kind of pictures, unlike 90% of other sightings topics.

Anyway I would appreciate what little feedback is possible and if anyone knows how to brighten I would be thankful.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lightworker12

Here is the first image cropped and scaled:
farm3.static.flickr.com...

However, I very much approve of you uploading all the images in their full size. Unfortunately, a quick look reveals nothing I can use for a reference. Also, the slow shutter speed just about assures some motion blur. Can you explin why this was shot wide angle?

EXIF data:

File name: ufo1pf0.jpg
File size: 320452 bytes (3072x2304, 0.4bpp, 66x)
EXIF Summary: 1/8s f/2.7 ISO160 6mm (35mm eq:36mm)

Camera-Specific Properties:

Equipment Make: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Camera Model: KODAK EASYSHARE C743 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
Camera Software: Version 1.1100
Maximum Lens Aperture: f/2.7
Sensing Method: One-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv): 36 mm

Image-Specific Properties:

Image Orientation: Top, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution: 230 dpi
Vertical Resolution: 230 dpi
Exposure Time: 1/8 sec
F-Number: f/2.7
Exposure Program: Normal Program
ISO Speed Rating: 160
Lens Aperture: f/2.7
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Flash: No Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length: 6.00 mm
Color Space Information: sRGB
Image Width: 3072
Image Height: 2304
Exposure Index: 160
Rendering: Normal
Exposure Mode: Auto
White Balance: Auto
Scene Capture Type: Standard
Gain Control: Low Gain Up
Contrast: Normal
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Subject Distance Range: Macro

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The first one I have not a clue.
The other pictures however, remind me of an RC plane flying at night:
www.acesim.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
sorry guys but what IF that is a real ufo and not a fake its sooooo easy to debunk it , isnt it all we have to do is fix the pic to prove weather it is or it isnt
thats the real fun in the investigation, tell me how many of you debunkers out there carry your camera ready on a tripod or is the camera on the mantle piece
or in the bedroom in your wardrobe. e.g race outside and take a pic ....
Now try holding the camera perfectly still and try and track with your hands an
object in the dead of night thats doing warp ten up in the sky above with all the excitement throw'en in
debunkers need to learn about pictures first i think
if you focus on an object up in the sky that closer to you than whats in the background i.e stars, the stars will be out of focus and being very small dots of light i can understand why theres no stars to be seen in the pic
OMG debunkers realy need to get their facts up to scratch and when was the last time you took a photo of a ufo at night and posted it .... i bet if you did you'll cop some of your own medicine......no matter how real you say it was.....

[edit on 10-1-2008 by ST SIR 86]

[edit on 11-1-2008 by ST SIR 86]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
The first one I have not a clue.
The other pictures however, remind me of an RC plane flying at night:
www.acesim.com...

Yeah right that really looks like an aeroplane..........lol
so the clearest pic of all of them and you cant see what it is or dont know what it is ok
second pic reminds you of a RC plane flying at night yeah .....ever hear of
something called shutter speed? it opens and closes in a split second maybe even less than that theres 3 very tight loops in that pic .... ok lets forget the
RC for a moment. Lets say that its an SR-71 flying at mach 3.... how many loops could it do in 1/2 a second?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I thought they were good pics!!! I'll see what I can do......

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ST SIR 86
Yeah right that really looks like an aeroplane..........lol
so the clearest pic of all of them and you cant see what it is or dont know what it is ok
second pic reminds you of a RC plane flying at night yeah .....ever hear of
something called shutter speed? it opens and closes in a split second maybe even less than that theres 3 very tight loops in that pic .... ok lets forget the
RC for a moment. Lets say that its an SR-71 flying at mach 3.... how many loops could it do in 1/2 a second?

Does seem like you are the one that doesn't know what shutter speed is.

Shutter Speed determines how long the shutter is open. It can be from a split second to many hours. The picture you saw with the 3 tigth loops is from an RC plane taken with an exposure time of about 30 seconds(I think), unless the owner of that picture lied to the whole RC plane community where I got that picture from.

btw, a single loop at mach 3 would destroy an SR-71, and if it didn't, it would probably take a very long time to finish that loop, but it seems to me you are implying that an SR-71 at mach3 would do the loop faster than an RC plane? :S

[edit on 11-1-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Does seem like you are the one that doesn't know what shutter speed is.

Shutter Speed determines how long the shutter is open. It can be from a split second to many hours. The picture you saw with the 3 tigth loops is from an RC plane taken with an exposure time of about 30 seconds(I think), unless the owner of that picture lied to the whole RC plane community where I got that picture from.

btw, a single loop at mach 3 would destroy an SR-71, and if it didn't, it would probably take a very long time to finish that loop, but it seems to me you are implying that an SR-71 at mach3 would do the loop faster than an RC plane?

ok then whos pic is it then yours or the op's photo, im talking about the op's
photo as i didnt know at the time that it wasnt his and on the subject of shutter speed yes i know what shutter speed is ive been an offset printer/compositor for the past 25years and that means i develop negs and print bromides on a daily basis to make offset printing plates!
how do you expect me to know the shutter speed of a pic that was take by someone in another country unless it is stated that the shutter was held open for 30 seconds! .... what you expect me to know the ISO of a camera just by looking at a static picture! not possible unless stated.
oh and on the subject of the sr-71 at mach 3 i was implying that the manouver of 3 tight loop couldent be done at that speed by an sr-71..... in 1/2 second...

however in the past ive seen as im sure you have too seen strange lights in the sky doing manouver s like that in a split second in the media purhaps....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join