It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone tell me what this is (pics)?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

looks like a flying saucer to me!!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lightworker12

I don' think the images are very promising because of the low shutter speed and short focal length. However, your eyewitness testimony strikes me as quite anomalous. Two questions:

1. What do you base your size and distance estimates on? Did it fly in front of anything of a known size? Did you observe it against the stars?
  2. Can you have your friend Paul post his recollections of the event?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TrojanNutzConspiracy

I would bail from this service if they don't allow deep linking. That's just evil.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by darius19
I am going to be honest: As much as I want to believe you that looks like just some random lights to me. If you have your camera on nightvision at night and take pics of lights then they become blurry and distorted - and thats exactly what I see here. Sorry.

Thats definitely what it looks like, but either way, random unidentifiable lights in the sky would have me pretty spooked.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Crop the images, don't be rude, sending us on a Where's Waldo hunt.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by disownedsky

Okay... I know that I'm new here but this is just ridiculous! I'm sure that he knows what he seen! He's not looking for any approval... but help to lighten the pic to see it better! So...

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by doctormcauley

I had NO problems finding it! U should practice what u preach..... to not be rude and crop it ur damn self..... since ur that blind!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The camera you are using is not capable of what you are trying to do. No amount of manipulation can bring out detail that does not exist. If you are serious you should take photography courses and be prepared to spend 5 figures or more on equipment. I recommend the Nikon D3X as it has by far the best nighttime capabilities. It shoots at impossibly high ISO's and can get great detail in the light of a single candle. About $5,000 for the Body and the lenses you need will be twice or more that amount. I say this to make the point that you are not to blame. Night shots require skill and money. Mostly money.

Those colorful attempts at playing with filters in peoples software may be interesting but they will not somehow produce information that is not in the original.
Your post sounds like you were excited about this. Reading here at ATS and objective observation don't always work well together.

Okay pls don't listen to this guy who actually thinks he know's something! He must think ur trying out for Photography or something.....
I don't care what camera u have as long as you..take the pic...see something in the pic..... there is nothing that ADOBE photoshop can't do to help with the rest!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amber~
Okay pls don't listen to this guy who actually thinks he know's something! He must think ur trying out for Photography or something.....
I don't care what camera u have as long as you..take the pic...see something in the pic..... there is nothing that ADOBE photoshop can't do to help with the rest!

Amber, the problem about using programs such as photoshop to 'enhance' a picture is that it implies either adding or removing information from that picture. If the original picture quality is poor enough that it doesn't show anything, then there is nothing you can do to fix it unless you know how the object should look like(and the moment it's modified it loses credibility - much like the pictures of models in magazines that have moles or wrinkles photoshoped, if that happens, then we are no longer looking at the real model). A lot of people here start applying digital filters to the image in hopes of getting a better picture. That doesn't help at all. The only good a filter can do is help identify if a picture has anomalies that can help prove if it's fake or not.

So when it comes to UFOs, either you have a good picture or you don't.
In the case of this thread, there are 5 pictures in question. The first one shows something that doesn't seem to have a shape. The other 4 show nothing more than a set of lights moving around. There is nothing one can do with photoshop to make them better.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lightworker12

Hmmm dude, ou sure our not pulling our legs on this one?

That 1st pic looks strangely similar to a scale replica of Boba Fetts Slave1 (upside down)...lol

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join