It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Study on Abductees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I was thinking about alien abductions, and a way to proove/disproove them and a thought came accross my head. If most of these ships put out detectable radiation, and they are abducting people, and radiation causes cancer in people, then shouldn't there be some sort of "above average" cancer rate for "abductees"? I searched for it and found nothing. What I was thinking is if someone could get a list of abductees from MUFON or some other sort of long standing UFO research association, and check them for cancer and other diseases caused by radiation and compare them to the national norm, that could be some sort of real "proof" atleast the abductions are happening.

Also, maby checking for any anomolos disease rates in towns that are called UFO hotspots could show something.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I know it's fiction, but in the X-Files scully, and a load of other abductees of her group got cancer, though I think it was through implants.

The people who she was with in her abduction were people from MUFON (Who had been previously abducted).

Now, a lot of the stories in X-Files are based on rumours, stories, etc and experiences from real people - the people who make X-Files are keen UFO/Alien researchers.

I think you could be on to something... And it is definately worth a thought.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It seems like all my ideas are ex x-files. Though, I was not watching x-files when I thought of this, nor have I seen that episode.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wgatenson
If most of these ships put out detectable radiation, and they are abducting people, and radiation causes cancer in people, then shouldn't there be some sort of "above average" cancer rate for "abductees"? .

your whole premise is based on this 'detectable radiation'. that is too large an assumption to base a study on. if there was detectable radiation, that in itself would be a more prudent thing to look into. think of the market for actual working 'ufo detectors'.
i have a freind who says greys come out of his closet regularly while he is in the twilight zone, that subtle barrier between wake and sleep. experiments with magnetic helmuts have recreated alien experiences. these experiments made the conclusion that fluxes in the earth's magnetic feild caused hallucinations. they ignored the possibility that the people with the helmuts were shifted into conscious awareness of reality normally beyond our perception. believe if there are such creatures, that they are from alternate dimensions or realities.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
they ignored the possibility that the people with the helmuts were shifted into conscious awareness of reality normally beyond our perception.

And how do you propose magnetic fields do this? To even hypothesize something like that, we must first assume that there there is something beyond our perception. This has never been proven. The scientists that did the experiment knew this probably and that is why they ignored the possibility.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Metalhead wrote:

I know it's fiction, but in the X-Files scully, and a load of other abductees of her group got cancer, though I think it was through implants.

MetalHead: yes, I watched that episode last week. Weren't the implants really government microchips hooked up to the spine so as to read her thoughts?? Were they also somehow programmed to give her cancer? I remember seeing one x-files episode with those microbots which are the size of cells, but metallic and government made and eat through a persons body. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Skinner get some and was fighting for his life on the operating table??

Wgateson: thats a very good idea, if you could test these abductees for these signs. But remember there are different types of abductions, some 1st kind, 2nd kind, 3rd kind, different UFO ships, which may emit different amounts of radiation.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My wife and I are experiencers and she had Hodgkins lymphoma. Ive spoken with other people and investigators who've said, unfortunately, this is pretty common. The aliens didn't show up (to my knowledge) while she was undergoing treatment. They've started coming back but not as often. She's still cancer free.

top topics

join