It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Network Solutions is stealing your domains.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
heh, I just did these:

networksolutionswelcomesnambla.com
NetworkSolutionsSupportsPedophiles.com

i did a few others, but I can't post them here...

Ok, this one made me laugh. I'm going to try a few as well...

This is probably the most bogus and brilliant idea anybody has ever had.

I hope they burn in 404 hell over this...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wow. Unbelievable.

I own a number of domains for various things. I always go thru Yahoo, when they have $1.99 domain registrations.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I doubt that it costs them anything to plug the names into their servers list.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I tried this
www.Iluvyurmumstiddies.com...
and many others 'inappropriate'.

At first it worked then after a few minutes it shows a server not found.

Yeah I doubt it would cost them a penny. Probably some stupid donkey in India is monitoring any new useless names. They always pay some random Indian guy to do the most stupidest, useless, mundane donkey work in the world...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Congratulations! This story has hit the front page of Google News!

All the major tech sites are covering this.

You Rock. . .
The Net!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Does it cost them any money in registering? Or are they at the top level?

Was just thinking of creating a bot and registering an endless amount of domains. If they paid a small fee for each reg then i think they would stop this type of thing pretty quickly hehe.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian

Congratulations! This story has hit the front page of Google News!

All the major tech sites are covering this.

You Rock. . .
The Net!

I am honestly, sincerely, and wonderfully proud of all of you!

DENY IGNORANCE!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Story on Excite.com

This seems to be getting addressed and has raised a lot of attention. Seems odd that they state their intended purpose was to protect consumers from others doing the same thing

[edit on 11-1-2008 by spyder207]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
I doubt that it costs them anything to plug the names into their servers list.

Actually it does cost them something per domain. ICANN is the one that issues names and they are the God that allows all domain names to be born.

en.wikipedia.org...

Network Solutions is just another Godaddy, but they were one of the first established.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
From Wikipedia

Jay Westerdal, one of the seven members of the ICANN community who was consulted by the ICANN committee looking at domain tasting abuse,[15] published an article on Domain Tools on January 8, 2008 stating that Network Solutions is exposing the domains to domain tasters.[17] The domain tasters "will snipe those domain up milliseconds after Network Solutions deletes them," says Westerdal.[17] "It is a deplorable action that Network Solution would announce potential domain names to the entire world," Westerdal added.[17] On January 8, 2008, Tucows, the largest publicly traded domain name registrar, published an article on their company web site titled "Registrar Reputation and Trust" criticizing Network Solutions policy.[18] "Potential Registrants are effectively forced to purchase the domain from Network Solutions for a period of four days at which point the domain is dropped," wrote Tucows employee James Koole.[18] Koole says that Tucows has found a way to address the issue of domain tasting and have policies in place that uphold the rights of Registrants.[18] "Tucows works to prevent domain name tasting by charging our Resellers a monetary fee on domain name registrations that are cancelled within the five-day Add Grace Period (AGP)," Koole said.[18] "Tucows doesn’t use WHOIS query data or search data from our API to front-run domain names," Koole added.[18]

Domains taste like blowback...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Panel finds no wrongdoing

An internet panel fopund no wrongdoing by Network Solutions. Network solutions claim that they are protecting customers from domain snatchers. however, the Domain snatchers get their information from Network Solutions, so it is all BS. Everyone, everywhere, is out to fleece you for a few bucks.

I wouldpersonally reccomend Go daddy and avoid Network Solutions

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well it looks like they are being sued over this:

www.betanews.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
heh, I just did these:

NetworkSolutionsSupportsPedophiles.com

i did a few others, but I can't post them here...

LMFAO oh no thats just wrong! I love it. I guess yall are going to teach them to hook up a bot to buy up searched domain names.

oh that one had me in tears scientist.

I played arround with the networksolutions...(enter inapropreate phrase here) dot, and checked all thing lets see if it works.

[edit on 2/26/2008 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join