It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we all need to wake up.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
tr

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I hope that those who have read my posts over the last few years will forgive me for my tantrums. I have gone off about everything from the injustice of marijuana prohibition to the 911 attacks and our court appointed "President."
I hope you have not thought me unpatriotic or anti-American. Though I served in the U.S.A.F. for 10 years, I know that makes no difference to some of you. That I have not supported the "war on Terrorism" and have written that Bush and Ashcroft scare the daylights out of me, and compared Bush to Adolf Hitler is most likely enough to earn strong resentment from about half of America.
I have always thought that prohibition of hemp was worse than prohibition of marijuana. Unfortunately the two plants are one and the same. I would not oppose the prohibition of marijuana as strongly as I have If the marijuana plant's only use was to get high.
I have been raised on American television my whole life. A large staple of my tv diet was world war two films.
Hitler was one of the most evil men on the planet. It was only instinctual that I was outraged to learn of George Bush's grandfather Presscott was funding Hitler as my fellow American citizens, including my uncle, were fighting and dying in Europe.
As I reflect upon the vast scale of deception and the possible rewriting of history that is possible and perhaps probable, I feel even more adrift and lost in this ironic existence which we call life. Perhaps it would better be termed death, i don't know.
In hope that some can appreciate the fact that, being trained all my life that Hitler was evil, I made some effort to share this findinng with others. I hardly believe I can be called a traitor for that.
I was listening to the audio news at a website called R.I.S.E. www.rise4news.net... when the overwhelming complexity of life on this planet forced its way upon me. Anyone contemplating the "New world order should click on the link "WHY war?" Nothing new to ATS readers, I'm sure.
The world may be in the last days of abundant oil. Our president has acted, apparently to secure the United States place in the world. I can not blame him, for what do I know of anything, after all? I spent most of my life trying to ignore politics and searching for my own security, of which I have found little. At times I have felt like just "giving up."
The President has stated that he is "a war President." Perhaps that is so. Though it appears that he is simply narrow-minded and a warmonger, the truth is hard to declare. I am just one of the "little people" and out of the loop" as some might say. Perhaps no one seems to ever confide much in me and that is why I feel so helpless. It is also why the internet is so appealing. It's like a candy store. Everything about everything is on the net. Information overload is a real danger.
I know there is little I can do. What can WE do? If the war is about oil, I am upset that the "elite" powers continue to push SUVs and Hummers on the population and resist fuel efficiency. I fear that oil companies just want our money to enjoy the temptations of the world. No surprise. That's greed and is even older than prostitution.
Can I blame the U.S. leaders if they felt like they had to secretly plan the twin towers attack in an operation Northwoods style deception to gain the market shaer of public opinion? Did the American people give any indication they were willing to give up their lifestyle and lazy habits? Would we ride bicycles to work on cold winter days? would we walk or turn down our thermostats? Would we?
We need to really think about this people. We can bitch about it blog on ATS, but are we willing to understand that oil is blood? That the rest of the world wants it, too.
While there is perhaps nothing new on the RISE website, I suggest everyone listen to the audio on this site. The "revolution against the New world order" that some call for can start now. Not some bloody uprising but a sensible reaction to the realities before us.
Do you understand? WE ARE THE NEW WORLD ORDER. Can WE be humble and conserve energy? Our leaders will supply our demand. with sword and bloody hell. We will be called to account for our lazy fat lifestyles. I hope I can find a nice bicycle. This is my only possible solution. Dubya is going to sell us the oil. ENRON will sell us the oil. They aren't stupid. How much will we demand?
Our transmission oil is often colored red, but we seldom look at that. If our oil was red, perhaps we would think about it more often.
This will probably be my last post on ATS. God bless you all. God bless America. All you athiests kiss my butt and pray for me. Signing off. Be cool.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yes, someone PLEASE pray for this guy

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
dude rest assured my opinions of all the above topics and america in general may be ebough to get me put on as a terror suspect coz i hate the USA... i've always disagreed with them but since 911 i have had a hatred for your governments actions around the world it makes my blood boil... but i hate terrorism as well... so i guess i'm an in betweener

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Oil is blood? Well, only because big oil has made it so and not allowed progress towards alternative energy sources. IMO, we need not conserve energy but instead tackle the real issue of getting out from under the foot of oil companies that use their influence upon our governments and actually get alternative fuels independent of those in control of unreplenishable resources.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I will continue to post this link until everyone has read this great article that was written a few years ago by wired magazine. The man the article is about is none other than thomas gold, a very famous scientists. In his long, long career, this man has very rarely been wrong with his theories. Anyways, from the research he has been doing, he can flat out show you that the world is abundant with oil and that oil well's are indeed refilling. Just read the thing. Nobody seems to read what's important around here.
Of course the oil companies and government would have you believe that we are running out of oil but that's only in their best interest. The less oil they can make you think we have - the more they can charge.

Anybody with a sound mind should read the article:
www.wired.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I recently had to make the decision to forego a relatively lucrative assignment in Afghanistan. It was difficult because my transition from military to civilian life has been difficult, but I just couldn't do it. As a soldier (or an airman), you have a distinct perspective on the operations with regard to the politics. I wish everyone could see what we see, but it involves two completely different worlds.

Our invasion of Iraq was in clear contravention of international law, which, as the constitution states becomes constitutional law when such law is ratified by congress, thereby deeming said invasion unconstitutional.

While I believe Saddam wasn't such a nice guy, and I do believe all parties are the better without him, we simply can't afford an operation of this scale right now. Not only that, but everyone in the government knew that if that power structure collapsed, erecting a new one would be difficult and timestaking.

What I do believe now, is this:

We will get through this eventually without great damage to our way of life. Things may become more difficult for a time, and we may not be able to buy the things we think we need in such a hurry, but I think the country could use just a little bit of hardship for the sake of clarity. It just means we will have to work harder, and that is never a bad thing.

What I think is a problem more than anything right now is the apathy with which this country's citizens approach government. It needs to be reiterrated that democracy is a participative process, and if enough don't assert their beliefs, our beliefs will be dictated to us.

I think that's a long way off still.

Be happy

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Think about this: It has taken the US 50 years to get Germany to where it is today. I had a German friend once tell me that if the Americans were to pull out of Germany that the Germans would revert back to where they were before WWII. He said this, "Germans never change." He is essentually saying what we have always known, "people never change."
My point is this: If we were to pull out of Iraq in June, like Bushy plans, how long before Iraq goes into total chaos (more so than it already is)? The American presence is the only thing that has kept Germany as stable as it has been - and as I've said, that has taken more than 50 years. Bushy sure as hell didn't think his warplan for someone else's oil all the way through, or is this just part of the "larger plan?"

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
America has had the ability to assert a sphere of influence greater than the world has ever seen. A function of communication breakthroughs. And big-ass bombs.

If we pull out of Iraq in June I will be surprised. If it does happen it won't be without adequate replacements from somewhere. The thing is that no one wants to do it. Bush pissed of Kofi so bad that he's not willing to do us any favors, not to mention France and Germany.

The take down of Saddam was considered an eventuality even before we had supported him in the Iran\Iraq war. We knew that the arms that we had given him for that war were more than enough to counter the arms that we had given Iran a decade prior and that sooner or later, we would have to go disarm him lest he become too strong.

This is not the first time a treiste like this has taken place.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Where did you hear that we are pulling out of Iraq in june? Maybe I missed something, but my unit is set to come back here in 2 years. IMHO, we're going to be here for quite sometime. Some of the camps here are quite permanant. Biap for example, isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I dont think its fair to compare russias involvement with australia to alaskas involvment with the redwood forests of washington state...do you?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I dont believe the usa is pulling out of Iraq by June, but there is a June 30th deadline to turn power over to the Iraqi's. This is a debateable issue within the administration who is not willing to commit to the June 30th deadline.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Is hemp Legal? My girl thinks it is and I think it is not?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think the june 30th deadline will be allowed by the judges of this years leaders...do you think thats a fair comparison?? towards once and for all this time next year of coarse.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
........are the most sane about this whole topic? Transition from the chain-of-command-think to real world considerations is not as long or as pained a process.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

There are "hemp" shops all over the place. Hemp clothes, hemp oil, hemp candles, hemp rope etc.
So yea I would say it's legal. but I also think it all depends on what state you are in.. (Even George Washington and the boys grew hemp back in the day..it was a major crop)
Clearwater Fl, has tons of Hemp Clothing stores, as does Tampa....
I even bought some Hemp Oil tanning oil once..laughed cause on the bottle it says
"NOT for human consumption"

www.nutiva.com...

www.honkforhemp.com...

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
All I can say Is.....If we Pull out of Iraq in June then....The country will Literally go to Shambles....But We have to Remember the Motto of George W. Bush Jr.

" We'll Invade Your country Under Faulse Intell. , We'll Take your Dictator Out of Power, We'll State that a Democracy will Be Built, But we Will Not give you a Society........Muahahaha Suckaz! "

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hello all,

I think Americans should look at who there real leaders are!

Who is pulling the string of the puppets(Bush..etc etc)?

You Must open your eyes!!

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

There are "hemp" shops all over the place. Hemp clothes, hemp oil, hemp candles, hemp rope etc.
So yea I would say it's legal. but I also think it all depends on what state you are in.. (Even George Washington and the boys grew hemp back in the day..it was a major crop)
Clearwater Fl, has tons of Hemp Clothing stores, as does Tampa....
I even bought some Hemp Oil tanning oil once..laughed cause on the bottle it says
"NOT for human consumption"

www.nutiva.com...

www.honkforhemp.com...

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by NetStorm]

We have come to the conclusion that you can sell it, if you inport it. cant grow it.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by medic
Where did you hear that we are pulling out of Iraq in june?

Yeah, man...

Bush said a couple of months ago that his was his timetable for exfil. He's such a liar

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Hemp is legal. All kinds of food, clothing, and paper products are made of it. Cannibus is illegal. Some smoke it.

But this is the War on Terrorism string. You're looking for the War on Drugs string. ...as if there were a difference.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join