It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got a childrens sewing machine for Christmas! That's right!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

So have you sewn/sewed any children with it yet?

Do you sew them together daisy chain style or purely one stitch per child? hehehe

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Hey! There's a thought!
How about some baby clothes?
How about i teach sewing to 8 year olds?

Lysergic, I like your idea! I could probably make enugh money on EBay to buy all the sewing machines i want with the haunted Legos.

This machine was over $100 ------ I managed to thread it and by God it sews a straight line!!!!! I made my husband give me the receipt, though.
Me wants the adult kind, and this one is almost broken. Almost.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Please dont be jealous. Pack up yours and we will swap. Mine is a pretty "Valium" blue. Is that ok?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Hey! There's a thought!
How about some baby clothes?

Making clothes out of babies?? I'm sure there's gotta be a quentin tarantino movie on that subject.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
DG it's cute but I'm with you what would you sew with it?

I'll be working with my sewing machine tomorrow; I need the relaxation sewing provides.

Ok, Jen since you quilt you're going to have to teach me how. I have two tops that my Mom made but I don't know how to finish them. Help!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Ok, Jen since you quilt you're going to have to teach me how. I have two tops that my Mom made but I don't know how to finish them. Help!!!

Ok! We'll add that to our wine tasting trip, and list of other things to do...like irritate your brother, and other such fun things

How Old would you say the quilt tops are? If they are made out of dated fabric you might consider sandwiching them with some low loft batting and tying them. I can show you how. If they aren't very old, and you have a machine that the feed dogs drop out of...then Boy do I have a treat for you. Free motion quilting! I think you will love it, it's frustrating at first, but if you stick with it, and practice lots, there is no limit to what you can do with a quilt
We can talk about this on the phone the next time we visit.

And to whomever said a machine for $109.00 is expensive....think again. If you want a good machine it'll cost you, but if you just want something to dink around with...then that would do for starts.

six

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I was at a store this week and the had a $8000 dollar sewing machine. $8000 dollars before you buy the $1000 computer program that goes with it. And this was a home model....Man

six

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

You girls alway tell us guys that the size of the machine doesnt matter....The truth comes out now....lol.....Sorry... Had to.....Just couldnt pass it up. It was just right there waiting to be used....

Edit to add..I am soooo bad and soooo in trouble now...

[edit on 10-1-2008 by six]

[edit on 10-1-2008 by six]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Sewing machines can get real expensive. All i really wanted was a plain
one with multiple stitch functions and those can be found as low as the one i got, without the Hello Kitty staring at me.
I'm not trying to be ungreatful, but this happens because there was no thought behind the gift.

I think next year i will pass out childrens toys to the men in my family.

Ages: 3 and up. That's about what they can handle, anyway.:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Keep it up and i'm going to sew your lips together

Ah, i wouldnt. I like you. (How can i not?)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by six

You girls alway tell us guys that the size of the machine doesnt matter....The truth comes out now....

It's not the size of the machine that matters...It's how you use the machine that matters!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I'd love to comeback with something but my instincts tell me to
shuddup.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why am I looking at a sewing machine?

I have no idea, but the wife wants one now, as long as it's a Hello Kitty one!!

We have far too much Hello Kitty *stuff* in our flat as it is!!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I assume that your husband lives at home with you. Your son, if he does not live with you, could have been a part in this conspiracy to get you a gift with which you could travel and put it to good use in another city, i.e. where your son lives. You see, if you have not passed down your sewing machine skill to your son, he will want you to repair his shirts, jeans, etc.

I tell you this, dg, from personal experience. I almost bought myself a portable sewing machine to take with me on vacation. Then I realized, wait a minute, it's my vacation! That boy is old enough to repair his shirts and pants by his own hands, or take his clothes to a dry cleaners for alteration.

Better you should quietly bury that machine in a closet. Hey, maybe someday you can drag it out when you have grandchildren and "pass it on" to one of them.

Now, here's an idea which Jen might like, too. You see, dg, when I saw the pet supply aisle at my local store, with all the cute doggie clothes, I felt so left out. My sons were men now, many years from dressing them up in cute clothes, and I don't have grandkids yet. And I, unlike my best friend, had no dog to dress up. I did buy her dog, and her sister's dog, some outfits from that aisle; they got cute party dresses and summer frocks from me.

Well, anyway, here is something that you could do for us. You could sew some clothes for cats on your Hello Kitty sewing machine! You see, Jen and I used to dress up our cats when we were little. I almost thought about getting a dog, just to be able to dress it up, but a dog won't fit into my lifestyle now. My cat, OTOH, I could dress up. He might not like it, but he would be agreeable to the arrangement, so long as I remember to give him food and water, and clean his catbox, and not bother him when he lies in the sun.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
You see, Jen and I used to dress up our cats when we were little.

OMG!!! Did I ever
All of the cats hated me!
I used to take my mother's bobby pins, (remember those?) and pin the cat's ears together in a bun on top of their heads, I wrapped them in swaddling cloth, diapered them, and the whole nine yards
I was a good mommy....even way back when!

Edit* type O...drank too much tonight

[edit on 1/10/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

That is just so wrong!

The poor creatures!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
That is just so wrong!

The poor creatures!

Oh please....save it! I've seen what boys do to frogs and other various things.

I loved my kitties!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Blowing up a frog is a fast and relatively painless (I'm guessing) way to go.

Getting dressed up in funny outfits for others amusement will damage someone for life, err I mean the cats, yeah that's right...

Those poor cats could have some serious issues!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Getting dressed up in funny outfits for others amusement will damage someone for life,...

Au contraire, mon frere. My sons have turned out very well adjusted. And the cats, they were cats who just happened to jump the fence into my backyard; they certainly looked like they enjoyed the warm milk in the doll bottles and the wet cat food my sister and I spoon fed into their hungry mouths.

There is only one thing on which I agreed with Ronald Reagan: men would still be living in caves if it weren't for women. They'ld probably still be clubbing frogs for fun, I might add!

The bobby pins may have been a tad uncomfortable, but no more uncomfortable than the Spoolies my mother made me wear to bed. Oh, Monkey, what women have to suffer for beauty! Dear God, perhaps I should have been born a frog, even a female frog, to suffer a "relatively painless.. way to go"!

Dg, go ahead and put that Hello Kitty machine to good use for the sake of half of humanity--for little girls to be able to dress up cats!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
The bobby pins may have been a tad uncomfortable, but no more uncomfortable than the Spoolies my mother made me wear to bed.

I'm with you on this one desert. I hated the curlers my mother made us sleep in when we were little. I hated it even more when I spent the night with my grandma and she got out the dippity do junk and made my sister and I sleep in pin curls and fingerwaves so we'd be all pretty for church the next morning. Thank God curling irons came along

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join