It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got a childrens sewing machine for Christmas! That's right!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Now, i'm very greatful for everything i got for Christmas, but i did get a little sewing machine (small)
and i dont know what to do with it!

I figured it was made for an 8 year old genius. The reason being that i cant figure it out to save my life!!!

It has no light above the needle
, threading it is an impossibility, and i dont want to offend my son and husband who bought it for me!

Now a regular size machine i know how to work. Most are threaded the same, for those of you who sew, you know the drill.

On the outside of the box it clearly says: For 8 years and over.

Well, shut my mouth! WTH do i do with this? I suppose i should put an add in the paper for an 8 year old sewing prodigy who could come over and help me?

Returning it is out of the question since i would be hurting feelings!

Did anyone get any whacky Xmas presents also? I have to say for the most part i got what i wanted, except for the dwarf sewing machine.

What do i do?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm a sewing genius
However, I'm not 8 years old..although sometimes I'd like to be 8 years old again and hanging out with my grandpa on his farm.

What's the make and model..tell me and I will try to help you

Unless it really is one of those machines for 8 year olds..then save it, and hope you have a grandchild (girl) who can have some fun with it.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well, its a Kenmore....I'll see if i can get a picture up of one on the Internet since i dont have a camera.

Hold on.www.sears.com...

Here it is, JEN!!!

I told you

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Take it back DG.
Tell them, you enjoyed it SO MUCH, that you are looking to get one that does does even MORE COOL stuff.

Or

Return it, for an Easy Bake Oven..

I got a Bill O'Rily book for X-Mas.
I traded it in for a Survivornan DVD, season one.

Here is the funny part.
She thought She bought the book at Borders Bookstore, so that where It got exchanged for the DVD..Turns out she Had bought it at Target!!

[edit on 8-1-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh at the Hello Kitty sewing machine.

Maybe you could just tell them that you love it, but can't figure out how to work it and would like to trade it for a model with an instruction booklet?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thank you Space:

An Easy Bake Oven with the light bulb? Imagine all the little cakes i could whip up for snacks as i sit here and talk to you guys!!!
I hope the frosting comes with it too!

btw, glad you returned the Bill O book. I'm proud of you!!!

But yu dont understand, i will be an ungreatful b-e-a-t-c-h if i return it. I suppose i should take a whole day and read the instructions and at least give it one more attempt.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Isnt that pathetic? They wanted to buy me a regular size one but "they" claim they were all sold out.

BTW, if i can make it work, i want all your sewing needs sent to me so i can keep busy!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hmmm....

It's not like...."broken" or anything, is it?

You know.."broken"?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

AHA!!!!! BROKEN!!! THAT'S IT!!!! OMG you're a genius!!!
That's it, its broken!!!!!
Thank you my dear friend!!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You're welcome DG..

I must confess that this tactic has worked for me before.
And of course, when you get to the store "they were all out of the Hello Kitty machines, So I had to upgrade.."

I expect some sort of Home-sewn superhero cape outta this!!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I lost a little weight over last year, hubby gained a little, can we send you some pants to adjust ???

I have some jeans to take in, and a new pair that need taking up.
I have a nice pair of dress pants and suit jacket that want adjustment.
Also, a couple expensive shirts I like could use darts on the sides to give them a better fit.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You, dear friends, can count on me whenever you have sewing needs, now that my little Kittie broke and i have to go get a "regular" machine!!!

And Space, i'm designing your cape as i speak to you!!!

ps...I have been suffering over this little machine since Christmas, and i have to smarten up and start thinking like some of you do! I guess i was too overwhelmed to come up with a plan!!! I knew i'd resolve it here.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Hold on.www.sears.com...

Here it is, JEN!!!

Now, now...hold on Dg. Janome is an excellent machine. That's what I have
In fact it's the only kind I'll purchase. I'm just upset that you have a Janome Hello Kitty machine, and I don't!

This is the one that I have. Try it, I think you'll like it. Read the book that came with it, and learn how to thread it. I know hundreds of women that buy little pint sized machines just because they are light and easy to tote to quilting classes.

I have some openings coming up if you'd like me to give you a personal quilting class
Yes, I teach classes in my spare time I teach even better if I can have a martini during class

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Jen, I'm gettin a free superhero cape.
don't spoil it for me.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

My first thought was to tell your son and husband the truth,you know say "thanks but its too small" maybe you can still take it back and trade it for a large one? I think they would want you to be truly happy with the gift,they may not have been aware of what sort would best suit.

Anyhow I got a new fangdangled computer which for the first couple of days had me doing
until I got it set up the way I like it,its a beaut!
Kind of feel the only thing missing is the chromed extractors running down the sides like a pimped up Hummer,maybe next Christmas if I`m good.
:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Space, you will get your cape no matter what!!!

Hey, Jen, how can you compare your adult full size model to my little pathetic one???
Thanks for the encouraging words but its for an 8 year old (and over) so are Leggos

I'm going to play with it today and if i cant figure it out its obviously going to break.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Dg, take it back and get a bigger one. Just tell the boys you needed a bigger machine for larger projects....they'll understand.

Don't forget to make Space his super-hero cape first...then send it to me, I'd like to embroider, I mean add my own special touch to it

What's your favorite color Space? Please say pink...I have lots of pink thread

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You could always tell them you had your heart set on a different color.Lol

I have a sister who got a sewing machine for Christmas years ago.... she never let that poor man live it down and divorced him soon after.

I would love to take up sewing. It sounds relaxing.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

dg~ I am pea green with envy over your Hello Kitty sewing machine and so is my 4 year old daughter.
They have the pink version at Target, I think it is cute as pie.
I got a sewing machine for xmas too but it's just one of the plain, boring white ones
BUT it did come with a DVD "Learn how to sew" . I need the DVD because I want to sew but I am completely intimidated when I look at the machine.

I need to get with Jenn for some pointers, maybe we should start a sewing pointer thread, I am sure our male members would be thrilled.

P.S $109 for a Hello Kitty sewing machine
I guess the name brand means quality but eek.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Whats wrong with Legos?

You could always ebay it, claim it is haunted.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join