It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Questions About the Apollo 11 UFO Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hello Everyone!

So I have a few questions about the UFOs reported by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the Apollo 11 mission.

The first comes from the reports from Houston and Neil:

Mission Control: What's there ? Mission Control calling Apollo 11.
Apollo 11: These babies are huge, sir ... enormous....Oh, God, you wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other space craft out there... lined up on the far side of the crater edge... they're on the moon watching us.
Source

but it doesn't end there, There are more reports of this convo (a little less believable imo:

Moon: Those are giant things. No, no, no - this is not an optical illusion. No one is going to believe this !
Houston: What ... what ... what ? What the h--- is happening ? What's wrong with you ?
Moon: They're here under the surface.
Houston: What's there ? (muffled noise) Emission interrupted; interference control calling 'Apollo 11'
Moon: We saw some visitors. They were here for a while, observing the instruments
Houston: Repeat your last information !
Moon: I say that there were other spaceships. They're lined up in the other side of the crater !
Houston: Repeat, repeat !
Moon: Let us sound this orbita ... in 625 to 5 ... Automatic relay connected ... My hands are shaking so badly I can't do anything. Film it ? G--, if these d--ned cameras have picked up anything - what then ?
Houston: Have you picked up anything ?
Moon: I didn't have any film at hand. Three shots of the saucers or whatever they were that were ruining the film
Houston: Control, control here. Are you on your way ? What is the uproar with the UFOs over ?
Moon: They've landed here. There they are and they're watching us
Houston: The mirrors, the mirrors - have you set them up ?
Moon: Yes, they're in the right place. But whoever made those spaceships surely can come tomorrow and remove them. Over and out.
Source

ok, so on the same site from the last quote, NASA officials "debunked" these "Pepper Scripts" by stating:

"Mission Control, this is Mission Control..." this was NEVER a phrase used by NASA, which instead always referred to "Houston".
"Repeat, repeat..." is never used on the radio; instead astronauts and Mission Control use the phrase "Say Again".

Those "debunk" claims are pretty convincing, However, I do remember hearing John Lear claim that Neil Armstrong did in fact report the existence of UFOs on the moon in his 60 minutes interview (and I've heard that before as well)... Unfortunately, I can't find that video anywhere...

SO my first question is just that, has anyone seen or have available that Neil Armstrong video, or what do you think about it?

However, not ALL of my efforts were in vain, I did find these interviews with Buzz Aldrin talking about the UFOs he saw on the Apollo 11 Mission:

So, my second question is what do you guys make on these claims from the actual astronaut? He seems pretty convinced to me...

And Lastly, not to do with any UFOs or anything, but I found this video that I think everyone should check out. I want some opinions on it because its stuff I've never heard before about the moon HOAX:

SO, I would love to get some answers from you guys, I wanna get the general opinion of ATS on these issues, you guys always put those brains to good use.

and to lighten the mood a little, heres Buzz Aldrin punching a Conspiracy Theorist (well deserved imo, the guy was rude), and Buzz again on the Ali G show... They have absolutely no relevance to this thread
Enjoy:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
While watching the 3rd video, I guess my only question was if they never left Earth's orbit, wouldn't someone have SEEN them up there flying around and reported it?

[edit on 8-1-2008 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
perhaps.

Don't forget it was long ago too, I'm not sure how powerful regular production telescopes were back then.

Even now, people have trouble looking at satellites and stuff in earth's orbit right? aren't those crafts in "Interstellar" like distorted satellite images?

I'm not sure either way, but the earth thing seemed pretty spot on, however this could have been taken on the way there and more shots were taken when they actually got to where they say they got to.

It's a very interesting video imo

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Good post. How can someone deny that UFO's exist, when astronauts have seen them!!! If anyone is qualified to distinguish a UFO, IT IS AN ASTRONAUT! I just wanna slap some sense into people... Oh, so UFOs don't exist, do you happen to
be an Astronaut? Ok, you're not. So what the hell do you know about space?

Sorry, just ranting a little bit.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Oh, so UFOs don't exist, do you happen to
be an Astronaut? Ok, you're not. So what the hell do you know about space?

ROFL

Hikix... that was great.

and yeah, I mean, you really don't get much more qualified than that.
In fact, all the NASA UFO videos are usually filmed by astronauts on shuttles.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Not only do I believe in this story of apollo 11.I saw for my self in Juneau,Alaska.Us fisherman who fish all year long,will all tell you story of what they saw.We talk about it and we leave it at that.
Apollo 11 told you the truth.The us covers it up and alway will.I can just imagen,just like with the actor jodie foster in that movie where she has to go to the lab.there all they groups out the in the desert doing there vega thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Astronauts on earth are used as guinea experiments for the goverments, they know as much as you do, until they have seen it, and believe me they have seen the truth. I bet though they(the astronauts) are also not telling you all.

top topics

join