It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deconstructing the anti-gravity drive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Deezee, i call you nothing. You seem to interact in an overall friendly manner.

But others here seem to embody close mindedness, and often pettiness.

You talk the talk, but you don't walk the walk! Its funny to see how JL's followers take out their anger on skeptic post that goes towards JL's humble opinions. Yet when you get stuck in a corner with all your jibberish, its suddenly the skeptics that are the harrasing ones?

I allso think you have sunken to a whole new level when you state that real scientist doesn't roam these forums.

I think you should have pettiness on us who aren't able to combine science fiction with real world and preach it as facts.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
just trying to say that the decorum and level of discussion on ATS is far and away better than the others'.

True. At least here on ATS nobody professed their desire to put a bullet through my liver so as to cause a particularly painful death (true story, by the way).

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I totally agree! .. I think the ATS staff do a great job moderating it. At first I got the feeling that it was only room for believers. But after a couple of months it turned out to be pretty 50% 50%.. but thats just MHO.

Sorry for the off topic

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
You talk the talk, but you don't walk the walk! Its funny to see how JL's followers take out their anger on skeptic post that goes towards JL's humble opinions. Yet when you get stuck in a corner with all your jibberish, its suddenly the skeptics that are the harrasing ones?

I do not believe i am anyone's follower. I am not sure why you would state that, but it is untrue. John has some interesting ideas, and many cool insights. Some of his ideas are just plain wierd...but so are some of mine. I suppose i could spend time "debunking" some of his stuff, but why bother? There are plenty of people who seem to stalk him to do just that. I would rather just communicate with him on our commonalities and ignore our differences. I find that a much easier way to get along with people.

I allso think you have sunken to a whole new level when you state that real scientist doesn't roam these forums.

You seem awefully personally attached to that "statement". Speaking of which...

This is what i stated:

"You know what some of them tell me? That most often, accomplished physicists do not frequent these types of forums."

I believe you over state my comments? This is the exact behavior to which i refer. Why be so combative and confrontational? I am sorry if you don't appreciate what you imagined that i said....but what does that have to do with me?

I stand by that statement, as it was a report from two e-friends that happen to be involved in physics and paleontology (respectively). Further, i back their statements and believe them to be true. Not because it would be a "step down" for them to frequent this site, but because someone who is accomplished likely doesn't have time after 14 hour days.

I think you should have pettiness on us who aren't able to combine science fiction with real world and preach it as facts.

I cannot make any sense of this sentence. Please clarify.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
funny how people talk about it like they knew everything about that subject, and like they are trying to build one, the theory is accurate but the specificaions are misses don you think a complex device and thats why we (humans) dont have one?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join