It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we getting ready for a big war?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Over the past decade or more the birth ratio of males to females has increased steadily. The global ratio male to female in 2007 is 1.07:1 but is greater in the more developed countries. (USA, Canada some European countries)
1.07 to one does not sound like much but when you break it down, the global birth rates in 2007 was around 132,638,683 live births with approx 68,562,024 males to 64,076,658 females. This equates to 4,485,366 more males born than femails.
Is it a natural coincidence mixed with paranoia or is the world getting ready for a big war? Are various governments engineering more males by way of GM foods, tainted water supply or Chemtrails?
This is a theory that was put to me once and I thought some astute ATSers may have some interesting thoughts on this

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
good point,

alltho i realy wish thay engineer the other way so i was spoilt for choice

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Does that take in to account that certain cultures have a big issue with having girls and may abort one or two fetus' a year to make sure they have a boy first?

Nearly 2 billion people in India and China, most of them would rather have a boy.

I remember reading about one city in China where all the men folk were leaving cos there were no potential mates due to a serious ultrasound abortion problem.

War Huh, what is it good for:

Absolutely nothin'.

War, maybe but not due to the reasons that you are siting

Monkey

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Good point Monkey.
I have heard of this happening. I am not as up on Chinese culture as I probably should be but is this a personal thing or is it a political thing. The latter could support the theory to a point.
This does not however account for the rest of the worlds increase.

In my personal experience, of our friends who have had children recently the have been 5 boys born to 2 girls. I myself have 4 children (not included in this 5:2 example) and guess what...All boys

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Is it a natural coincidence mixed with paranoia or is the world getting ready for a big war? Are various governments engineering more males by way of GM foods, tainted water supply or Chemtrails?

There may be some chemical contaminants responsible, however, as pointed out above, a simpler explanation is that many cultures around the world value males more than females, particularly when it comes to carrying along the family name, inheritance, ability to farm and get a job to support a family.

This is particularly true in China, which has pretty strict reproduction laws on the books. And the birth rate numbers from there are going be big enough to skew the global figures significantly. So rather there being a conspiracy, it might be explained by many female babies being thrown into the hog pens when they're born, with the parents claiming that they were "stillborn." It's a sad cultural practice, killing off female babies, but it's no conspiracy.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I appreciate your thoughts andI totally agree that what is happening in China is atrocious and am not arguing for the sake of arguing, but if you look at www.photius.com... you will see 253 countries of which 218 have a greater that 1:1 male female.
China is beleive it or not only 3rd worst @ 1.12:1
I am not crying conspiracy but found this to be a very interesting statistic and am curious as to it being natural or designed.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
considering that females in most nations are allowed to join their military if they so desire, i don't really see the point in trying to control birth for more males.

if anything, the more males you have the more people you'll have trying to take your power.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Anybody ever wonder if maybe we won't be fighting each other? I guess we could only hope for an outside force to force us to come together

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

are you talking about a natural disaster, aliens, or a terrestrial group that could threaten the fate of the world via nuclear/biochemical weapons?

i often dream of some kind of global catastrophe wiping out the current government and economic systems, but then come to the realization that the sheeple will just look to their former leaders for direction, and these leaders can create a new system of their own design with no checks or balances whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Over the past decade or more the birth ratio of males to females has increased steadily. The global ratio male to female in 2007 is 1.07:1 but is greater in the more developed countries. (USA, Canada some European countries)
1.07 to one does not sound like much but when you break it down, the global birth rates in 2007 was around 132,638,683 live births with approx 68,562,024 males to 64,076,658 females. This equates to 4,485,366 more males born than femails.
This is a theory that was put to me once and I thought some astute ATSers may have some interesting thoughts on this

Off all te speculative causes for your proposed fact of more male newborns, you choose the least likely one.
Interesting.

I think it is just as probable as the following:
Could it be that some secret anti-government is manipulating the conscious of young people via internet to let them think up the most unlikely conspriracy theories.

Fluxes in male and female births are occuring now and then (no source other than history in school). We guess but don't know why this is. Maybe the "mars"mallows did it.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

My own observations tend to disagree with that.
I am seeing more baby girls being born as of late.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
All good comments guys. Can remind every one that this was not my theory but something that was once put to me that I scoffed at the time. I merely wanted to see what others may have to say if anything and thought ATS was the ideal place to hear a wide variety of ideas.
I liked sacreilgions ideas.
To take it a little more "out there" think of kangaroos who mate and the fertilized egg stays dormant in times of drought and are activated in the wet seasons and frogs who change gender in single sex environments as well as the fact that many animals have a natural survival instinct and can "predict" iminent natural disasters. Maybe humankind has this instinct and are readying ourselves for something....terrestrial or otherwise

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
now THAT's an interesting theory. many species to have a genetic "knowledge," if you will, of the changing environment around them. perhaps something is in store in the near future, maybe along the lines of the film "Children of Men" or something of that nature. It could also be a product of the incorporation of more and more chemicals and preservatives into the foods and liquids we ingest, as well. to take it even further into metaphysics, perhaps it has to do with some kind of ascension. many people believe the 2012 date is not a doomsday prophecy, but a time of man's evolution into his next form. or it's just a coincidence.

you can't say for sure until it happens though.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
could it also be that sperm counts are much lower than they were 50 years ago, possibly due to oestrogen like compounds in our warter supply (due to increased dumping of plastics etc) so more males (male to female ratio) would have to be produced in order for conception to happen, eg if a male is a sterile then the female is more likely to seek another male to mate with (in animal terms)......just a thought, might be a load of rolloks

m x

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thanks morganathefey. Never thought about that aspect. Ties is well with the survival of the species insticts.

new topics

top topics

join