It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you want to know if the world was ending?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If by chance one of these doomsday theories on ATS was correct and their was no way to stop our impending doom, would you want to know about it in advance? Personally, I think I would rather just live my life blissfully unaware until that day arrived. I don't know if I could be happy living my life knowing I was going to die in an asteroid strike or something in a few years. I would rather just have it happen one day and be done with... anyone else out there have an opinion?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, you could do outrageous things knowing everyone was doomed. There would be some form of liberation, and any worries you had about the election, the economy, etc would all be wiped away. On the other hand, not knowing has its benefits too, in which case Im gonna go with a third option - someone telling me that my life, and all human life on Earth is going to be eliminated in mylifetime, but not telling me when

[edit on 7-1-2008 by 3_Libras]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by b309302

the world is ending, we are all born to death, each day we grow older and closer to death

my world is my life

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
Would you want to know if the world was ending?

Absolutely. Time to make peace with myself, with my family, with my God.

BTW - it IS ending. We each are headed, at light speed, to our own personal 'end of the world' and we don't know what day we will experience it. So .. live each day as if it was your last.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Death and Taxes. The only 2 'constants' in life.

If I had a 10 minute warning? I'd want to know yes... I'd fire up the Montecristo Number 2, pour the single Malt, and prepare to watch the fireworks.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
10 minutes...sure lol. I wouldn't even mind a weeks notice. But I was talking more like a year or two in advance notice. Makes it a little more difficult then. I still wouldn't want to know until about a week before at the most. And of course we are all going to die at some point, I was just talking about a doomsday scinerio...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by b309302

the world is ending, we are all born to death, each day we grow older and closer to death

my world is my life

Thats really philosophical and touching man.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraank Fontaine

Right on Fraank Fontaine,
Just give me time enough to make a toast and a malt will do and then be near my kids.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
to the OP: I think most of the problem with the world today is the desire to live in blissful ignorance. The real question is would you rather know the truth, or be fed what you want to hear so that your "life" can go on. if i knew the apocalypse was coming, i'd be on the roof with some cold ones, a green behavioral modification device, a pair of sunglasses, and a lawn chair.

but who's to say the world is doomed or not doomed? i find solace in the fact that the universe has existed for billions of years, and anyone who thinks they can change the face of the world for their own gain can be wiped out by gaia metaphorically cracking her knuckles. nothing is inevitable except for the persistence of life, and i for one don't believe anything can overpower that.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The world is ending and everyone knows it denying it more or less.

Society is going down - more mad each year
climate - well you see it
new world order - building underground facilities and attempting to kill 3/4 of the world population to control the small amount.

There will be events of great change even before 2012.

Life does not end with death, we will continue ( hopefully ) in a much better realm this time, reincarnation was nasty.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Society has always been mad. Has there ever been a time of universal prosperity and peace?

Its heating up...now apparently its gonna cool down. Which is it?

Underground bases? Pics please, with evidence of the population culling.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think it would be great to know 100% when the world is going to end. I wouldnt worry about working,finish school, doing useless stuff. I would live out the next times with friends and family just having all the fun we can till the end>!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Would I want to know... probably not. Would we end up knowing... most likely.

Human life can come to an end yet the world will keep going. If the end of humanity was on the way, I'd only need 30 minutes to get my wife and kid. That's all I'd need - and then just be happy knowing we've led good lives.

Longer than that would only result in unnecessary panic, a foolish belief of slim-to-none survival possibilities and rash decisions by my inherent human stupidity. Nah, don't want that. 30 minutes is all I need.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
All of us are here to learn something. Persay reincarnation is freal. Now, look at it this way, everyone dies, how many get to see somehting as spectacualr as the world ending (in an afterlife aspect of course). In my books, thats a way "better" way to go out, than almost any other way. now we'd get bragging rights

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Of course it would depend on how it is ending. For example, if an asteroid was going to land near me, I would have a shot of Jim Beam, a cheap cigar and hold onto my wife and kiss her at impact.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Just a note, Paul the Seeker. I have sought greater insight. I found it quite accidentally in my studio over the period of 3 weeks. What a wonderful three weeks that was, by the way. I don't know about anyone else, but I saw my very next future after this life and I will be a spirit of light zooming throughou the universe. Didn't find out what happens after that, but I suspect I will find out when I need to.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If it's all going to end just give me a frontrow seat at ground zero and the best single malt scotch available.
And don't tell me what's about to happen - I want it to be a surprise

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I suppose I would. I don't think I would believe it though. The hardest thing for me would be knowing that my daughter wasn't going to be able to live a full life. That would be devastating for me.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Of course I'd want to know! The front row seat idea sounds the best to me so far.

But, I don't think there will be an event big enough to wipe out every single human being at once, and us knowing about beforehand, any time soon. Humans have been around for the best part in our current form for a million years or so.

It never surprises me how vein some people come across when they think the whole thing will end in their lifetimes. 2012 is now 2008? Hmm!

[edit on 8-1-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
You know, I really believe that if the government knew something catastrophic was going to happen (even a year down the road) they would keep it under their hats....If they let the cat out of the bag to soon there would be a total breakdown of society....I think a few days advance notice would be nice...The wife and I could go to the mountains for a few days then drive/fly to where the asteroid was gonna impact, sit up our beach umbrella, crack a beer and watch the fireworks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join