It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you want to know if the world was ending?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
id love to know, just so I could say "told ya so" to everyone else

Now you can get what Noory has gotten. Doomsday isn't a place, a time, or event, it's in your minds. And you've got it bad. Like one of those really terminal infections. ----------PC

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I personally would want to know, but the whole population, no way. One or two days would be the longest that society could handle. Given a few years you would probably only have about 1/4 of the people survive the struggle for safety and supplies.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
wow, what an intense question.
(and whom do you work for might i ask?)

i guess at first glance, i'd like to know, but then after you think about it, that alone brings a whole new level to it and how one would deal with "the date". -- the impending doom that will hang on your shoulders till the end-date would be the proverbial onion-skin.

i think in reality, i'd opt for the 'surprise' ending, (not a drawn out starving-to-death type of thing, but more of a "quick" ending as it were)

BUT if you got to know about it prior to event, you could really rally with your family and friends to celebrate the life you got to celebrate, take your last vacation and get as many speeding tickets as possible in the window of time you were 'allowed' to know about the impending doom. that gives "closure" a whole new meaning really.

TOUGH question,
thanks!

p.s. i didn't read previous posts. just had to jump on.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
wow, what an intense question.
(and whom do you work for might i ask?)

i guess at first glance, i'd like to know, but then after you think about it, that alone brings a whole new level to it and how one would deal with "the date". -- the impending doom that will hang on your shoulders till the end-date would be the proverbial onion-skin.

i think in reality, i'd opt for the 'surprise' ending, (not a drawn out starving-to-death type of thing, but more of a "quick" ending as it were)

BUT if you got to know about it prior to event, you could really rally with your family and friends to celebrate the life you got to celebrate, take your last vacation and get as many speeding tickets as possible in the window of time you were 'allowed' to know about the impending doom. that gives "closure" a whole new meaning really.

TOUGH question,
thanks!

p.s. i didn't read previous posts. just had to jump on.

"Not a drawn out, starving-to-death type of thing". You play the cards you were dealt. -----PC

'

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Death is not an issue for me. But lots of pain would be. So if the “END” was going to be a slow burning or a belly wound death then yes I would like to know so I could provide myself with a much less painful way out.

But if not maybe 5 hours would be enough for me to just say my good- byes to people and get into a drunken stupor and maybe do a few naked runs around my neighbor hood just for fun of it and to feel alive

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here's my story - I live every day like it is the end of the World. And not in a good way. I mean, like as in the most hedonistic and vile debauchery possible. I am barely alive from being so unhealthy, I have completely screwed up sleep patterns and basically do whatever whenever. If I knew the World was ending tomorrow I wouldn't have to change a thing. Envy me. Pity me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join