It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Young, my favorite acoustic entertainer, who's yours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Something about Neil's singing brings me back to better youthful times.
Not really explainable. Who's your fav?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
One of my greatest influences and heros!! Bob Dylan

[edit on 7-1-2008 by whaaa]

[edit on 7-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds live at Luther College is one of my favorite acoustic albums ever. Another that is right there with it is Counting Crows, across a wire. I think it is just the time in my life that I was listening to them.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
One of my greatest influences and heros!! Bob Dylan

Yaaa Whaaa! I do love all (almost) genres of music, but Bob is one of the top 10!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This man, was one of the most influential in my sound. Always broken links on the old videos. Lightnin Hopkins, please check him out on YouTube. One of the Greatest Blues Men EVER.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by whaaa]

[edit on 11-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I've always been a big fan of Neil Young, both acoustic and electric (Rust Never Sleeps).

My favorite acoustic performance, though, has to be Bon Jovi and Sambora on the steps of a New York fire station doing an acoustic version of "America the Beautiful" just before the NFL returned to action with the NY Giants game two Sundays after 9/11. It was the most poignant, haunting, rendition of the song I have ever heard. Sambora was playing a dual neck acoustic guitar and Bon Jovi just sang it from the heart. I was in the hospital with a spinal tap in, and it made me forget all about everything but the moment as they performed.

I wish I could find a video of it to post. I've looked, but haven't found anything. Anybody else know what I'm talking about? I think it was broadcast on NBC.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
fav acoustic would have to be mr robert zimmerman
how can it be any other?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm not the big headed type at all but I would have to say my favorite is me! I'm terrible but really enjoy it.
As far as people who know how to play -it's tough to pick just one. I'll go with James Taylor.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I saw Springsteen in a solo accoustic show after "The Ghost of Tom Joad" came out. Really great. Dylan is pretty hard to beat, though.

top topics

join