It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He is not God, I am.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well there are several reasons why our previous poster cannot possibly be a God. For one thing, he didn't know the answer for that question about creating a bigger stone that he could lift.

Although SOME may claim this to be so only because omnipotency leads to omniscience in a long perioid of time, they are merely doing so because my cat is black. It is impossible to explain this reasoning for you mere mortals, but surely when you read enough theology you understand what omnipotency has to do with cats being black.

What comes to proving things, well, people tend to prove things for themselves no matter what the subject or if it even is true or not. Therefore we should not care about proving anything to any direction and just accept me as your God.

The same goes for reptilians.. hmm, maybe I am one?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well now there are two Gods on this forum. Can't we all just get along?

You can be God too, as long as anyone else can be, okay?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I hope you are not one of those (g)ods with low self esteem...

those always bum me out with their blasphemy.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
so if your black cat crosses your path what do you do???

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
so if your black cat crosses your path what do you do???

I would admire my creation being a slave to humanity in providing an insight into acceptable selfish behaviour by being cute. Some blasphemy people say that cats can contain devils, demons, spirits and all that but truth is that they just see their own selfish thoughts materialized in front of them and that's why they don't like cats.

For people who like medieval beliefs there's a problem, though. If you live with a cat, it is extremely propable that it crosses your planned path to whatever place (from point A to B) hundreds of times during its lifetime. Then what? No luck, ever?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
well i had a cat once and it wasnt black!

superstition? stevie wonder??

sing along now>>>>>>>

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm God and so is my wife!

In fact, by default, if there is God then God is everything and everyone.

And to answer the rock question, go out and find a massive rock that you are unable to pick up. There. A rock created by God that You (You being God) are unable to pick up.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hey who's to say that we aren't ALL gods and this reality is some sort of god preschool? =)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by almighty bob
I'm God and so is my wife!

In fact, by default, if there is God then God is everything and everyone.

That depends on definition of features that God of your choices has. Those features can be just about anything, as different religions and world views explain those features differently, thus leading into different interpretations. You cannot really use an exact definition of any word in these cases, you'll have to dig deep into religious texts to get context.

If we think that every man, woman and black cat is a god of himself, we'll have to accept that whatever features gods have, they cannot be everything and everyone.

And to answer the rock question, go out and find a massive rock that you are unable to pick up. There. A rock created by God that You (You being God) are unable to pick up.

I had never thought about his before, but finnish language actually has different words for different sized rocks. There aren't many, but big ones are called "lohkare", which roughly translates to "big chunk of rock". "kivi", on the other hand, is roughly translated "a rock that is smaller than a chunk". Given that rocks too big to lift are called with a different name in our country, there really aren't any rocks that I couldn't somehow lift. Sorry, but in my country gods can pick any rock! :-) Weight, height, width or material means nothing! In the beginning, there was a word, and that word was a rock that was light enough to lift. Therefore creation was, umm, possible.

(sometimes I wonder how much bull# I am able to write to a single paragraph, but this actually contains very little of it despite it looking so amazingly hilarious:-)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
Hey who's to say that we aren't ALL gods and this reality is some sort of god preschool? =)

Well, if we look at news there appears to be a lot of people who think they can do whatever they want. Problem of course is that when it becomes news, it is also apparent that they cant.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I can answer any question. Just ask, and I'll prove it to you.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

That doesn't discount the possiblity though. It seems to me it would help if one was to be a god it would pay to know what it is like to a mortal. Otherwise you get abrahamic silliness. =)

Oh and please note the tongue in cheekiness of my responses.
I think it is a possiblity as I do not discount matters spiritual as hogwash because I can't conclusively confirm or deny its existance, seeing as to how mankind's science is based in the physical. But I don't pretend to have the ultimate knowledge or even the inside track that leads to ultimate knowledge.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

[edit on 6-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
obviously i'd make the stone so large that i couldn't lift it and then lift it.

and i never said i was the one and only god...

new topics

top topics

join