It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELLBOY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
not read many of these comics but the director Guillermo del Toro (blade2)(The Devils Backbone) look to have to a fine job with this film and from looking at the trailer is have to say so too this is a must go film to see for comic fans

www.sonypictures.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The latest comic book hero movie adaptation, Hellboy, has shot to the top of the US box office.
Hellboy, which stars Ron Perlman as the superhero conjured up by black magic, took $23.5m (�12.9m) over the weekend. In second spot was former wrestler The Rock's Walking Tall, a remake of a 1973 vigilante film.

Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, fell from number one to three in its second week of release. Its weekend tally of �15.1m (�8.3m) took its total takings to $50m (�27.3m).

man i really carn't wait for this film and its uk release

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My cousin saw the movie opening day and said it kicked a.s.s. I should be going with him to see it within the next week.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I saw it and I didn't particularly much care for it. It started out good but it was too long and not enough action for me. It was ok for a matinee, tho.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
are you a comic book fan though thats the appeal to most fans or people.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Dude, the Colonel (or Colonel Fury) is a comic it-self. And sometimes I wonder if the Colonel who is posting on ATS isn't an incarnation of Nick Fury it-self lol...

j/k

Edit: I thought the previews of the movie looked pretty interesting. The previews always made it look like the movie is action packed, but I guess I'll have to wait and judge for my self.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN

The latest comic book hero movie adaptation, Hellboy, has shot to the top of the US box office.
Hellboy, which stars Ron Perlman as the superhero conjured up by black magic...

Crap. You just ruined it for me. That guy IS Ron Perlman. What a tool!
Who the hell cast this movie?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ron Perlman is the man man bling blouw

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I understand that most comic book movies always use a what seems like 'random actor' as the main character. But I enjoyed all those films just because I'm a comic book lover.
I should be seeing the movie within the next few hours.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Jeffrey]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I saw the movie on Monday and I thought it was a great movie.

Lots of action, great story, awesome special effects. It had everything you could want in a movie except for hot naked chicks and lesbians.

I give it

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
It had everything you could want in a movie except for hot naked chicks and lesbians.

They have to save something for Part II!

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
They have to save something for Part II!

Ahh of course!! How could I forget! :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yes I saw the movie and thought it was great. There better be a second movie too or I'm gonna ring necks! j.k

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I actually liked it quite much. It is rare that a comic book movie does not take itself too seriously. Giving Hellboy the mentality and dialog of a teenager was perfect.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Silly me i thought Ted Danson was Hellboy but its Ron Perlman right?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
yep drunk its Mr perlman

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
yes I've seen it pretty cool film ill add more when i can be botherd to not in the right state of mind right now.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I can't believe I wasted my money on this film....It is the same done and re-done version of "Beauty and the Beast." Ironically enough, Ron Pearlman (sp?) is the beast yet again...

I honestly hope they choose to never make anymore. I myself am upset for spending the money, and therefore feel dumber than when I went in to that movie.

top topics

join