It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth is out: X-Files go public

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The truth is out: X-Files go public

observer.guardian.co.uk

British UFO 'sightings' investigated by a secret branch of the MoD are soon to be revealed and officials are braced for a torrent of inquiries

Without warning, the orange UFO swooped toward them. The crew of the RAF Vulcan bomber banked hard and radioed they were being chased across the Atlantic by a large mysterious object. The incident was classified as a UFO sighting and the details were immediately locked away.

Now, 30 years later, the extraordinary encounter is among thousands of previously secret cases contained in the government's 'X-Files' that officials are to release in their entirety.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Is this what a lot of us have been waiting for?

Is this another step closer to the truth of it all?

With the release of all the data, this really is going to kick up a huge storm and I suspect there will be a flood of topics springing up all over the media and the net.

If nothing else, I'm sure we'll get a few new Hollywood films to watch after a few months...

observer.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Finally the truth? or just another snippet to keep us wanting more?, i hope this is going to happen we need to know the truth! great post!

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Could be interesting, but I think they'll only be releasing what Nick Pope, Britain's very own Fox Mulder, has already discussed many times before.

I have no faith in our (UK) government releasing anything of any worth. Take Rendlesham for example.

We all know there is a lot, lot more to that than we will ever know.

I live in hope but am pessimistic.

Good post though, Sir

[edit on 5-1-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have to agree, who's to say we wont get more than a couple of eye witness accounts and a few photo's/Video's i think its to much of a risk for this government to tell us what they really know, as in the words of the great fox mulder " the truth is out their" i think its just a matter of time before it reveals itself before somebody reveals it

Keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Didn't the British government falsify documents to get us into the Gulf War?

Maybe they are just publishing this stuff to make a mint off the gullible, seeing how well the Harry Potter lady did.

This makes how many governments that have released these types of files in the last 24 months?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
man id love to see that " Harry Potter and the Governments X-files"

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
My God (or whatever deity you choose), Sir.

You bring cynicism to a whole new level.

Yes, the Governemt have lied and lied and lied some more, but I don;tthink they're writing fiction. Just concealing the truth.

Loving the tone though, LOL.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
lol i have no religous preference but i do think its important to lighten the tone from time to time
, however do you think we will ever know the truth?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Good question have been brought up here. How much "truth" will there be in the files released. Will this end up being nothing but Project Blue Book style reports of swamp gas and weather balloon sightings?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think it is going to be another "project blue book" their is no real reason why the government would tell us the so called "truth" the only "truth" we will find out is what the spin dr's decide to tell us, what i dont get is the fact that millions of people around the world have experianced ufo's abductions so on an so forth and the government know this, so why carry on with all this deceit? its obvious they have more to lose than meets the eye.

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

sty

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
we will see enough info released in order to justify then NWO advent , population microchiping and total control. A global danger is needed, and now as the climate change does not work anymore + people are tired of Irak and terorist stories... what is left? however, i am still happy to see this info out, but i wish it was 30 years ago

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So you think they will use ufo's/aliens as a global danger?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Is this information coming forth because of some type of 'European Freedom of Information Act' like the U.S. has or did they just decide to 'go-ahead' and release such information because they no longer fear this type of information being public knowledge.

It makes me wonder 'why' and what the 'motive' is of these classified documents just now after 30 years are being dusted off and taken out of locked government filing cabinets for the public to see. Has there been that much public pressure from European's to force this out? If so, good for them and I hope no one around the world ever gives up on pressuring world governments to expose the truth about UFOs and tell us what they know. We all deserve to know, not just 'them'.

IMO,
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
as far as im aware their hasnt been any act passed, i think their just deciding to release this so called information, u brought up a good point though jus what is the motive of this? i dont think their going public in a major way, i think their only going to give us information on what we already know, This government know too much they wouldnt dare risk anything that would bring the downfall of this already corrupt government, i only have one more question : why now?

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSkepticSway
So you think they will use ufo's/aliens as a global danger?

I'll wildly speculate yes!

They will pump up hysteria in the hysterical as best they can.
They know most will be skeptics, but a segment will spend all their
time looking for things in the sky.

This has the benefit of people not looking at their crimes.
And people watching for those Russian atomic stealth bombers,
without the panicking at every little blip, but making a little necessary noise
for someone to take a look.

If I was programming the masses, I'd try that trick every so often, move the propaganda from country to country and keep the "religion" alive.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Im puzzled as to what media circus they would use to try an cause hysteria among the masses? are they gunna go for an invasion angle? or are they going to go for an angle that states that their is alien life and they dont think their friendly so we best be on our toes kinda thing?, one thing for certain though if they are edging for an NWO their is no limit to the scare tactics that they will use on people.

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzingOn

The UK has recently enacted a Freedom of Information Act:

FOIA 2000

Have a read. This is a big step for the UK, as not so long ago, we were more secretive than the Soviet Union (no joke)..

We're still very cagey now and even with the above FOIA, it isn't a free for all on the Government's files, not by a long shot.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I really hope that they will release something other than what we already know. I somehow think it won't amount to much, but it's great thinking they might!!! I have a hard time believing that we will have anything close to full disclosure in our lifetime.

I want to believe though!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Didn't the British government falsify documents to get us into the Gulf War?

Maybe they are just publishing this stuff to make a mint off the gullible, seeing how well the Harry Potter lady did.

This makes how many governments that have released these types of files in the last 24 months?

Agree there, britain is one of the most secret countires in the world. Of course they will just release made up documents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join