It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth is out: X-Files go public

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
just warping the british public's minds further.
encouraging people to support the vast military funding i suspect.

i don't #ing care about aliens man, the life on this earth is more than enough.

i live in the UK, over my lifetime i've just seen the public's standards slip lower and lower, the people here are becoming ever-more dumbed down and distracted like the american public.

oh wow ufos! we MUST be doing the right thing! society MUST be headed in a glorious direction of discovery... no, your strong and powerful society is all going to #.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I can imagine half of it (or more) blacked out like they do. Leaving the date, a department, an official government stamp and a top secret stamp ...

That might be all we get to see..

Yet, you never know, we might just get lucky and find some real nice hot topics floating around in there somewhere.

It's a shame I'm so far away from wherever they're gonna put this lot, otherwise I'd be right there digging through it all.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tetragrammation

"Vast" military funding?

What gives you the impression that the British MoD receives anything that could be described as "vast" from the budget? Do you know how much it is, annually? Do you know how much it is compared to the NHS or Social budget?

If anything, they need (alot) more money than they're currently getting, not less!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Secret files on UFO sightings have been made available for the first time by the Ministry of Defence.

The documents, which can be downloaded from the National Archives website, cover the period from 1978 to 1987.

They include accounts of strange lights in the sky and unexplained objects being spotted by the public, armed forces and police officers.

news.bbc.co.uk...

At last, what we've been waiting for. Took them long enough.
And it seems someone else wants to ride the band wagon too..the Vatican is getting in on the action. Guess they can't be seen to be stepping out of the picture after all the years of the lies and corruption they've got themselves into...

The Pope's chief astronomer says that life on Mars cannot be ruled out.

Writing in the Vatican newspaper, the astronomer, Father Gabriel Funes, said intelligent beings created by God could exist in outer space.

Father Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory near Rome, is a respected scientist who collaborates with universities around the world.

The search for forms of extraterrestrial life, he says, does not contradict belief in God.

The official Vatican newspaper headlines his article 'Aliens Are My Brother'.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The British government has often been the litmus paper of the elite for judging whether or not we're ready for a release of information, so it might be the case that disclosure is actually started in merry old England as opposed to America.

One thing i do know is that these 'X-files' have been steadily trickling out of the MoD for the past 8 years, so perhaps they're trying to stir some debate on the matter.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I started this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hours and hours ago. I have all my links to the UK archive and BBC bulletins as well. Thanks, Jason

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Nice work you've done on your breaking news thread. I did see it as I was looking to start the same thread there myself, but you already hasd so seeing as I had started this thread a few weeks ago when they first announced what they were going to do, I added to this one.

Thank you for linking the two threads though.

Keep up the good work.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
My Fault, I misread the date on yours. I wasn't trying to steal your thread. I just had all those links up, and was hoping to foster a debate, which I have been trying to do for months now, on the coming disclosure...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

No problem at all.

I know you weren't trying to steal anyones thread. You have every right to post your thread where you did. ATS is a bit of a tough place to get your head around when it comes to previously posted items. But there's not much stopping anyone from starting the same thread in a seperate forum from original.

I'm just glad that there are others, like myself, who want an end to all the lies and hiding of info regarding this topic that has been a part of my life for over 30 years.
The more info that is released and the more coverage this gets, the more people will become aware of the subject and will be less intimidated by it when someone finally does stick their neck out and tells the world 'We're not alone'...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Its funny. This thing feels staged. I'm sure whatever the gov't discloses it will only be the first layer of the cake in a +5-layer cake. Stuff like this will keep ATS going until the end of time.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
i wouldn't get too exited .. . they'll give us just enough to keep us happy. One thing that everyone always presumes is that the governments of the world know more than the average joe. What if they're as in the dark as we are when it comes to these things?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Agreed, but it's stuff like this that sells newspapers and TV shows and block buster movies..
Also it's good for politicians as those who really have an interest in this field are given a positive view of TPTB... bit's all smoke and mirrors.. Some of us already know the truth (or at least believe we do
)

I, for one, am glad of every bit of info released. I'm not fussed who releases it just so long as it's genuine.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
if they're not gonna tell the truth - why tell anything at all??? they don't have to.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I found a link I thought you all might be interested in: news.bbc.co.uk... this link is BBC's "In Pictures" UFO files.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
When you break it down all the governments of the world have the same goal.Total control over the population.That takes power.Control over the money is one way to achieve the ends.Control over knowledge is greatest way.

Knowledge = Power No despot will willingly give up power.For those expecting full discloser from the government willingly,I have an invisiable jet fleet I'd like to sell.

We will never live long enough to learn what they truly know about extra terresterials,they'll deny it to the bitter end.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Maybe it would be a good thing if Governments around the world collaborated to convince humanity that there was impending danger from alien invasion. Perhaps then people would drop their petty religious/social/economical differences and actually work TOGETHER in what they would apparently think was a fight for their lives.

On second thought... probably not, people are far too selfish.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Yes, that's assuming what they are disclosing is genuine. More layers of frosting on the cake. At least the cake is feeding our curious minds. And delicious too. Hehe. At least, we conspiracists have taken the red pill of truth and seek it.

Either way, just having the gov't completely admit the existence of UFOs, ETs, and their visitation of Earth is more than enough for me. At least, I can tell the nay-sayers, "I told you I was abducted."

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here's the link from UK's National Archives website:
ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

I didn't see it anywhere on the thread, but if it's here somewhere, I'm sorry for double posting!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again, every person you see or meet is alien to us until we get to know them. Every new creature or plant discovered is alien to us until we can label it, identify its family, kill a few for museums and science and make the public aware of it.

Can you imagine the reaction the world would have kicked up if any of these little guys were still alive? The Hobbits

Don't forget all the rumours of big foot/yeti etc. They seem to be a rather alien species that apparently lives among us today.

So why do the governments decide to keep all this secret from us?

Yes, power and control mostly, especially in the religious sector.
Earth has enough problems with religions without ET arriving and us asking them if they believe in God....

Can you imagine the uproar if all TPTB were to see a few thousand ET's rolling around on the floor with uncontrolled laughter at our questions about deities.

Yes, TPTB may very well know a WHOLE lot more than they are letting on. It would seem they are only allowing the idea of the existence of ET's and their craft, along with the obvious ability to visit us, to be known.

It's the finer points of ET's life and way of life that they wont reveal. Purely to stop the world going nuts when it finds out the truth about a lot of topics, or the simple fact that ET's can show us another way of living and of government. TPTB would want to hold onto the current agenda for as long as possible.

Why, though, is beyond me. Anyone in their right mind would surely accept and welcome a better, brighter way to do everything for the greater good.

Seeing as the Vatican have been thowing their hand into the mix too, does seem to strongly suggest that they want their followers to be aware of the concept of ET and that, somehow, God has deemed it necesary to 'create' ET too.

That, in itself, brings about a whole host of other questions... like who came first? Aliens or Humans?
Was Humanity a blink in Gods eye and the last in the grand scheme of things? If Aliens had been created first, how much longer have they been alive to be able to reach the point of interstellar travel?

If all were created at the same time, why did God see fit to give ET the extra ability and materials to be able to do what they do? Were we seen as 'something to do on the weekend' for God?

I've had many (possible) ufo/et contacts/sightings over the years. I was involved with a UFO group in the UK. I've met Nick Pope and had dealings with Tony Dodd and the British publications of UFO magazine (Graham Birdsall RIP) and nexus magazine. I've also been in several newspapers, a couple of radio talk shows and had one of my UFO pictures shown and discussed on national TV by Nick Pope.

So, for me, all the info disclosed is a step in the right direction for all those who have not had the experiences I have had. I will be taking a look at the info pretty soon, but it's almost 'nothing new' to me.

I congratulate anyone bringing out the evidence. If only everyone else would step forward too. The Russians did, the French have and now the UK..

Come on world...wake up..

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Maybe im going mad, but i could swear that on the radio today it said that NASA are releasing the files. It certainly didn't mention the MoD.

Anyway..

I'm sensing disappointment on the few threads running here that we wont get much, lots blanked out, cases we have heard before, etc. I think the question should be why are they releasing them? They didn't have to.

The sad thing is though, is that all if not most people not interested in this phenomenon will have forgotten about it tomorrow. Or as many of my work mates did just said they are all cranks and took the piss out of it.

I guess its a drip feed process by the governments, but surely they need to release something more "meaty" to turn the worlds head....if only for a moment?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join