It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes in the Sky, looking now at us & why. ~Domestic Spy Sats~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
found this article and it is very extensive and articulates much of what omestic sattellite surveilance could be used for. Question is though, will it be used or abused? What do you think?

A new intelligence institution to be inaugurated soon by the Bush administration will allow government spying agencies to conduct broad surveillance and reconnaissance inside the United States for the first time.
Domestic Spying, Inc.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The real question in my eyes is what happened that suddenly our lives were about these great strides in survelience.

Why?

And How?

It really disturbs me on a deep level.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So, under the guise of our govt. trying to maintain safety for all citizens, here's something else we now have to concern ourselves with> (No real surprise to most of us here)
Bottom line...they know we're "waking up", shaking off the govt/msm induced coma , and want to make sure they can dumb us (sheeple) back down.
Very interesting post, and I thank you for bringing this up.
Wonder how much longer we will all be able to come to ATS (and likewise places), and be able to express ourselves without fear of reprisal...
edited for typos...

[edit on 8-2-2008 by althea041724]

[edit on 8-2-2008 by althea041724]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
were still good for a decade if not 2. It's going to take another planned terorist attack or some other kind of event for them to justify taking away the internet and busting this site up.

Still, being spyed on by our own gov is utterly disgusting and is enough to give you some new ulcers besides the stomach cringe that's already occured from reading this.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

yup, no shock here, maybe the people that so openly discuss things here at ATS better be on guard. this country is not going to become more free, it's just going to get worse. time to start planning to get the hell out of dodge. an uneasiness has been plaqueing me for a while now. we are at the first stage of living in a facist country, if this is being talked about and considered out in the open. time to start checking out other countries that still maintain some sort of citizen control. we have become the new soviet union where everywhere you go and every action you take, you will have to be looking over your shoulder and speak in hushed tones. sounds paranoid?... yeah, but there is just too much information coming out to support that conclusion. and we all are being groomed to live in a state of fear and suspision. i for one, do not want to live like that.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
* WAR IS PEACE
* FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
* IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever." George Orwell - 1984

It's already here. The rest is only a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thank you all for the replies, since this is related to another thread of mine I'll post the link here, as I feel you may like that one as well.

Map of World Police States, in a Surveillance Society.

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Just another source linking info related subject matter.
Should be interesting, but then that is all opinion after all.

U.S. Reconnaissance Satellites: Domestic Targets
Documents Describe Use of Satellites in Support
of Civil Agencies and Longstanding Controversy
Why spy

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
"Domestic uses of surveillance satellites", as it was then so it is now. Seeing as the target has switched from dissident protesters, to invading cold war spies. The point is still the same, a threat exists, and the technology and capablity exists to locate, track and stop possable threats.

Yet, as history has shown, even with the technological capability, failures occur, intentionally as it seems.

Document 23: "Authority for the National Reconnaissance Program Domestic Satellite Reconnaissance Activities," 1976. Top Secret
Read the Documents

The U.S.'s top intelligence official has greatly expanded the range of federal and local authorities who can get access to information from the nation's vast network of spy satellites in the U.S.

The decision, made three months ago by Director of National Intelligence Michael McConnell, places for the first time some of the U.S.'s most powerful intelligence-gathering tools at the disposal of domestic security officials. The move was authorized in a May 25 memo sent to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff asking his department to facilitate access to the spy network on behalf of civilian agencies and law enforcement.

U.S. to Expand Domestic Use Of Spy Satellites

[edit on 10-2-2010 by ADVISOR]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Guess they know where we are already, if'n they want to, and you got a cell phone that is.....hmmmm

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
pacificfreepress.com...

Hm... This link returns a 404.
edit on 21-2-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Your right it does.

Odd, it used to work, and recently also. In another thread a different url was reported as not safe. I wonder if it is connected...conspiracy?

I doubt it. Probably just a old unkept url, I'll see if I can find an archived version.

Thank you for the heads up.

edit on 21-2-2013 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join