It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass in the Sky in an Inverted World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There's a guy on godlikeproductions who busted pretty much every other theory of the universe, to pieces.

His concept, quite simple, there's an actual layer of glass in the sky and the earth is inverted...all the stars, sun, moon, planets all fit inside the hollow inverted earth, making our universe only 8,000 miles in diameter.

The guy is pretty eccentric, calling himself God and the like, but I find him quite entertaining, and the funniest thing is, no one can debunk him.

Glass in the Sky

Inverted World - Cat's Out of the Bag!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HisDogAstro

Hi there and can I just say

I have had some bizarre ideas in my time but never thought of this theory. And it would also explain the widespread myths concerning a 'Hollow Earth'.

Did you find this info somewhere or is it your own hypothesis ? Either way I love it ... certainly something to think about.

I'm going to flag you because it's an original concept (to me at least).

Thank-you. Woody

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We had a member here a couple years ago espousing the same theory. Probably the same person, I doubt there could be two.

Springer...

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
We had a member here a couple years ago espousing the same theory. Probably the same person, I doubt there could be two.

Springer...

yeah, found him:
Can Anyone Explain Why There Isn't Glass in the Atmosphere?

Looks like you guys banned him, I think this may come back to bite you.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am curious on why you think that this will come to "bite" ATS? It is the actions of the members that get them banned, not there theories.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HisDogAstro

I'm sure these (ancient Greek and Roman) theories were debunked some 400 odd years ago by Galileo and chums.

Seriously, there are still people who believe this? Ancient Greeks is one thing, but in the Modern age?

Oh Jeebus...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
I am curious on why you think that this will come to "bite" ATS? It is the actions of the members that get them banned, not there theories.

well I think this guy, maybe had an attitude problem, but truth is truth. There's no way of refuting his theory, there's physical evidence of glass, tons of evidence...

so.. you guys banned the Galileo/Newton/Einstein of all ages, I think this is pity. I've havn't seen anybody refute his evidence. They just call him crazy and 'returning to the dark ages' that's all they can say.

'All truth goes through three steps: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident'

speaks volumes to me, but what do I know

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Too many typo's in the narrative to be God . . . unless, of course, imperfection is Perfection, in this case

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hi HisDogAstro, I see you recently just joined ATS, welcome.

You started this thread commenting on a guy who had a theory "who busted pretty much every other theory of the universe". Your stance on this topic was pretty much 'neutral' on this..

However, your latest reply clearly shows you are a believer of this theory, nothing wrong in this, but, as a believer, the onus is on YOU to convince us why this theory is worth considering.. Where is the (scientific) "physical evidence of glass, tons of evidence..." you speak of?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freelancer
Hi HisDogAstro, I see you recently just joined ATS, welcome.

You started this thread commenting on a guy who had a theory "who busted pretty much every other theory of the universe". Your stance on this topic was pretty much 'neutral' on this..

However, your latest reply clearly shows you are a believer of this theory, nothing wrong in this, but, as a believer, the onus is on YOU to convince us why this theory is worth considering.. Where is the (scientific) "physical evidence of glass, tons of evidence..." you speak of?

thanks, i always questioned tptb's explanation of things, especially the cosmos. i've been on a spiritual quest to find the answers i've been looking for for over 12 years. i use to believe in evolution, big bang, then when that theory fell apart I dabbled in eastern mysticism, but neither satified my appetite from tangible truth, then i stumbled across this guy on GLP. he basically turned my views of the world completely upside down(this was a religious experience, as well) i was shook to the core. as far as the scientific evidence, you're just gonna have to see for yourself, the kicker for me was seeing the pics of Libyan Desert Glass, after reading through all his proof, and then watching the video by the Traveling Wilburys who sang "Inside Out"..."the sky is yellow, don't try to fool me"

It's all there, waiting for you to accept it, you have to reverse your logic, and empty pride from your heart.

good luck

Astro

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If there is glass 70 miles up, explain to me, how I fly at 30-35 THOUSAND feet up, in an aluminum airplane (no glass or ice melting shields), from Florida to New york 3 to 4 times a year? I must have imagined that.

When you made this theory up on a knapkin a year ago, you shoulda at least went higher than everyday air traffic flies with your Glass/ICE. 70 miles, haha, People make homade rockets that go higher than that.

My sister once thought we all lived "inside" the earth when she was about 8 years old, when I showed her a globe, and explained a couple sentences of basic astronomy to her, her face turned red in embarrasment.

I can understand a child maybe buying into this, or some fanatical cult, (which seems to be what this guy is trying to start), claiming he Christ, calling people my children (it is offensive, to me personally, hey buddy, your not my father).

Also linking videos of Adevent Children cutscenes from the game series Final Fantasy, with Styx music as a backdrop. I didn't know christ was into Video games and Styx.

Hollow Earth theory is one thing. But this is lunacy.

I think we can call this one bunk.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The problem with the inverted Earth theory is that if it's really inverted as they say, then China, which is on the opposite side of the Earth as the US, would have sunlight at the same time as we do, since we would each have the sun in between us.

There would also have to be some way the glass could maintain its shape and leverage without falling, and resisting meteor strikes. Glass also loses its shape and melts very slowly, and it would also reflect light.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HisDogAstro

Originally posted by Springer

Springer...

yeah, found him:
Can Anyone Explain Why There Isn't Glass in the Atmosphere?

Looks like you guys banned him, I think this may come back to bite you.

Lol! This theory? How can it come back to bite anyone apart from the person who came up with it? Where has the creativity gone, clutching at straws

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The guy is pretty eccentric, calling himself God and the like, but I find him quite entertaining, and the funniest thing is, no one can debunk him.

Glass in the Sky

Inverted World - Cat's Out of the Bag!

How can anyone contradict him- he isn't accurate enough to even be wrong.
This theory requires a rational framework, not conquest by anecdote.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here's a simple experiment to figure out if the world is concave or convex.
Look at the horizon. Works best at see, but anywhere you can get a large, clear, flat area this works.
The best way at sea is to keep an eye on a ship headed away from shore. The further away it gets, the lower it appears in the water until it vanishes. Basically the curve of the earth slowly hides it from view. On land you'd get a similar effect, though I'll admit I haven't had much of a chance to try it.
Gotta admit, I was surprised to see this one here, I thought it died finally back in WWII when the Germans used to it as an idea to attack America, though then it lacked glass.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
If there is glass 70 miles up, explain to me, how I fly at 30-35 THOUSAND feet up, in an aluminum airplane (no glass or ice melting shields), from Florida to New york 3 to 4 times a year? I must have imagined that.

70 miles = 369,000 feet

Airplanes only go 5-6 miles high generally

There's no way of refuting his theory, there's physical evidence of glass, tons of evidence...

There's a great way of refuting it, it's called common sense and a tiny smidgen of intellect. Unfortunately some people seem to lack both...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a very embarassing part of me is intrigued, but as many others have said, everything we've been showed on this so far lacks any real science behind it. he may say "this theory perfectly explains issue x, y, z better than the alternatives", but he hasn't actually SHOWN how his theory explains any of these things, or why traditional explanations are faulty.

it's like if I were to say to you that humans are actually made out of magically animated clay, that looks and feels just like flesh and bone, because of an optical illusion. sure, you can't 'refute' me, but that's because my original theory provides no evidence or reasonable grounds on which it can be argued against, and in itself, posits that any method of empirical observation which might disprove my theory is inherently flawed.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker
a very embarassing part of me is intrigued, but as many others have said, everything we've been showed on this so far lacks any real science behind it.

Using Occum's razor, his initial post gives all the proof I would need...

"My dear friends, you have all gone backwards.
My earth is not a planet, but it is our womb in which we live.
It is hollow, it in concave and inverted.

I sent Cyrus Teed to you over 100 years ago, but you laughed at him.

The sun and moon and planets are very small, they revolve around the inner celestial sphere, which hides my central city.

You have been lied to by the spirit of my fallen ones...illuminati, zionists.

About 70 miles high, there is a layer of glass covered by ice.

This is where "megacryometeors" come from, the top of the sky.

Space agencies can only break the glass barrier by melting through it at fast speeds. That's why the bottom of the spaceship are flush.

If there was a layer of glass in the sky, then:

The mysterious Origin of Tekties that has plagued the scientific establishment for centuries, can be easily solved.

The reason of fusion crust(glass) forming on most meteorites, and not being able to be replicated on terrestrial rocks heated to the same temperature as the extra-terrestrial rocks when entering the atmosphere, can be understood.

The idea of a rainbow forming from a glass bulb in a flashlight, shining onto a piece of paper without the presence of tiny water droplets can be directly compared to clouds acting as a surface of projection, just like the piece of paper, and not the source of rainbow formulation.

Short wave radio signals which bounce off the ionosphere to extend to the other side of earth, can be fully understood.

The Auroras Borealis, which is compared to electrons generated and projected onto phosphorus-coated glass within a closed vacuum system, can be fully understood.

The greenhouse effect, i.e., global warming can be fully understood.

Ozone generation, which produces a fresh smell after a thunderstorm, which have been replicated with air ionizers that use glass plates, can be fully understood.

Comatic abberation, which is the visual effect of caustics created from a spherical glass lens, is the same effect seen from the tail of a comet.

UV protection would be fully understood.

Cosmic ray protection would be fully understood.

Space Shuttle coating of dichroic glass-coated tiles, frit, would be fully understood.

Welcome to my real world ladies and gentlemen.

-God"

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

About 70 miles high, there is a layer of glass covered by ice.

This is where "megacryometeors" come from, the top of the sky.

Space agencies can only break the glass barrier by melting through it at fast speeds. That's why the bottom of the spaceship are flush.

Uhm... What about the "top" of the spacecraft? The various space shuttles being one example. How do the wings, tail and UN"flush" surfaces "melt" through?

On the other hand, perhaps this theory would explain what seems to be one of mankind's basic instincts... throwing rocks.

glass house and all.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join