It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you like to eat it RAW? (SUSHI)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I love me some Sushi! I think it's one of the greatest food sources on earth. I know I'm not alone, but many too many people don't dig sushi.

I've found there's a large polar aspect to sushi. People are mad about it or they won't go near it.

DO YOU LOVE SUSHI???

Let's talk about about Sushi, because I never get enough!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I used to ADORE raw meat of all kinds, including fish (mostly salmon).
My favourite dish - by far - was steak tartare... The thought of it still makes my mouth water!

And yet I wouldn't touch it with a ten-yard stick.
I became a vegetarian many years ago - overnight, after reading something that really opened my eyes regarding animals.
(And in case anyone is wondering, as people often do: it hasn't been difficult - not at all. Nothing is when there's a moral principle guiding you.)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i could eat it for every single meal. we have a particular sushi chef here where i live. he is from japan, and he is the coolest guy ever, not to mention the incredible rolls that he will make for you. KONI WE LOVE YOU. (i am pretty sure that is not how you spell his name, but spelling in japanese is beyond me).

eel - fatty tuna - spicy tuna - salmon - mackerel - so many tasty things

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I used to ADORE raw meat of all kinds, including fish (mostly salmon).
My favourite dish - by far - was steak tartare... The thought of it still makes my mouth water!

And yet I wouldn't touch it with a ten-yard stick.
I became a vegetarian many years ago - overnight, after reading something that really opened my eyes regarding animals.
(And in case anyone is wondering, as people often do: it hasn't been difficult - not at all. Nothing is when there's a moral principle guiding you.)

I wouldn't say I'm a "vegetarian". however after last year, one year ago, I served a prime rib dinner for christmas, and I gave the fat to my dog, and my dog died because he was old and had a heartattack, I sure don't eat meat like I use to.

I'm mostly vegetarian when it comes to eating at home these days...

However I still love to go out for sushi every once in a while.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
i could eat it for every single meal. we have a particular sushi chef here where i live. he is from japan, and he is the coolest guy ever, not to mention the incredible rolls that he will make for you. KONI WE LOVE YOU. (i am pretty sure that is not how you spell his name, but spelling in japanese is beyond me).

eel - fatty tuna - spicy tuna - salmon - mackerel - so many tasty things

Yes, I understand that. I use to have a fantisy where I'd live in a appartment above a small but wonderful sushi place and I would go there daily at least twice and maybe 3 times for meals.

That's how much I LOVE SUSHI!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
OHHHHH you're in big trouble now!!!!

You just hit a nerve with me.

But in a GREAT WAY!!!

I love Sushi! The wasabi kicks arse.

The funniest thing or perhaps most disturbing method of eating/inhaling wasabi was performed by Steve-O on 'Jackass'. I was so thorougly disgusted, and laughing my arse off at the same time. How can that be? lololol

Anyways, whenever I get a few bucks together, I like taking the occasional trip to a place here in Burlington, Ontario - 'Bento Box'. Authentic Japanese cuisine; freshly served right in front of you.

The problem with eating Sushi, is that, because most of it contains rice, I'm usually hungry in about an hours time.

Local stores like 'Fortino's, 'Loblaws', and the like, have pre-made Sushi containers. Sometimes, there will usually be someone at Fortino's behind the counter, making it on the spot. The Fresher...the Better.

When I first heard of eating 'raw fish', I scrunched up my face, and thought: Those people are freakin crazy!

Folks? Don't knock it til you try it.

It's the most delicious thing out there.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
No offense, but sushi is overpriced. It's just meat and/or veggies surrounded with rice. I could eat a good burger for the same price as one well made sushi, for crying out loud.

However, I still eat raw salmon and that's about all I could take without imagining all sorts of little eggs or microscopic critters making their way into my digestive system and lodging themselves with me forever.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

The price of sushi is depending upon suply and demand as everything else.

Personally, in my area, I have the choice of several restraunts to go to. I've found some of the best places, for quality of food, are also some of the lesser known and lower priced places too boot.

Unfortunally, too much of the time they be trying to sell sushi as stylistic rather then as a true restraunt.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Yes! I love me the wasabbie! One time at school some guy was sitting near me and stopped to state that I must be a "real man". I didn't know what to make of this comment, but the comment was because I have the habbit of taking a larger ball of the Wasabbie and disolving it in my mouth, letting it drip down my throat and burn through my sinuses.

This may seem like touture to some people, but I find it is the best way to rid the entire taste experience of all tastes but the introduction of the sushi.

Plus I get a kick out of going blind for a short time...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Going blind!!! Too funny lololol

I think the wasabbi clears out the sninuses ALL TOO GOOD!

It's not easy being GREEN

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Love vegetarian sushi w/ extra wasabi and pickled ginger...

and for dessert: I love those rice pockets filled with a sweet rice... "whats that called"?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Don't know the kind your referring to.

But, have a look at these scrumptious delights!

Candy Sushi!

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Oh Duckie! Lets do dinner sometime! That treat was saved to bookmarks and I will make it and U2U with the results... I really hope to see you at some function this year, look forward to meeting you. Lets do chinese though instead of just sushi its cheaper and more filling...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

God bless.

Would love to meet up with you to hon.

We'll start off with Chinese, then cut to the chase with Sushi!

Then?!?!? We'll ask the establishment to bring out the dessert teasers.

Downed with SAKI, or perhaps a beautiful Ontario/Canada ICE-WINE to sip with.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Saki always gets the party started! Its hot alcohol so it mixes immediately in the blood stream to create an awsome buzz, Shhh.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Saki - 98.6 - just like Jame's bond said!

When Saki, or any alcahol is brought to the same temp. as humans, the alcahol will run through the veins MIGHTY fast.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

After Italian, Japanese is my favorite. My father was in the Navy during the Korean war and they often took leave in Tokyo. He was introduced to it while he was a teenager so I was not adverse to trying it when it finally arrived in the U.S.

I prefer Sashimi over rolls or hand-sushi, I want more fish then rice. I will howeve try and unusual roll or two if I sopt them. I am pretty fortunate as one twon over from me is an excellent Japanese-fusion restaurant where the owner/chef used to work at Nobu in Manhattan. He has almost all the same dishes but at a fraction of the price.

Speaking of wasabi, has anyone tried the real Japanese wasabi and not the normal green stuff you typically get? The imported version has a much subtler flavor and is not as 'hot'.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am so craving sushi! It's been about a month since I've had any. I thought I'd convince my partner to go out for some yesterday but they declined for a sub.

I'm going to have to get my fix soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
eel is dericious as is octopus.

only thing i dun like is whole baby octopuses raw... their heads explode in my mouth like a gusher.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I've tried Calamari (squid) and eel. Can't get past the 'texture'. No matter who cooked it, it always had a 'rubbery/chewy' taste about it.

Never tried Octapus. I'm associating it (in my mind) with squid. Can't stand the sight of something with tentacles - all those suction cups - let alone eating those things. I'm getting myself all grossed out RIGHT NOW, thinking about it.

Looking at the waste pail, now back to the screen, now back to the pail

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join