It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you like to eat it RAW? (SUSHI)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I love sushi!!

I love jellied eels too, hmmmmm.

*Daydreams*

I cant get them unless i buy them from ASAD or Tesco and they are a bit naff due to them not being "FRESH". But to get them nice you have to go to Central London. I can't be arsed all the time to go get sushi! Because i would spend more money on the train fair than the actual sushi.

Righto my love of sushi essay is now complete.

Good Day

Onixx

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
the only sushi i have had is DIY sushi kits made myself. I use tuna instead of raw fish though.

love wasabi though. i gotta have enough so it makes your eyes water and temporarily hold yer breath while the heat passes.
people ask why i like it, i say its a bit of a wake up call kinda like a slap in the face but more tasty

squid/octopus is great but it has to be cooked very quickly and properly or it is like rubber. you also have to remove the skin.

it also helps make it tender if you get it all cut up ready and soak it in regular milk for an hour before cooking.. something about the milk tenderising the meat and making the flavour more subtle (but you dont taste the milk, its drained off b4 cooking)

the tentacles are great if you fry them till they go crispy, almost like bacon. you can easily cut the suckers off if you dont like em and it leaves you with a nice meaty leg.

but occy' or squid needs to be cooked *VERY* quickly on each side. any more than 30 sec on one side is too long and over cooked squid will always go rubbery even if its only overcooked by a minute or two.

calamari rings are the ultimate. mmm yummy

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
However, I still eat raw salmon and that's about all I could take without imagining all sorts of little eggs or microscopic critters making their way into my digestive system and lodging themselves with me forever.

Oh yeah those little critters with little teeth. They love to grow in raw meat and fish. In fact they thrive on it. Those little monsters will grow so fast its almost like light speed. And before you know it you will be taking a trip to the doctor.

So enjoy your sushi and rare steak. Because I'm not touching it!!! If I'm gonna eat a big slab of meat it has to be well done.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

I snack down on a bit of Sushi pretty much every week. Love it.

I'm not dead!

Never even made me ill, I don't think so anyway.

Love fresh raw tuna.

The Waaahh Sarrrr Beeeee goes on the fish not the rice... BTW. And if your sticking tonnes of it on you might as well put it on cardboard and save some cash!!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
MMmmm I like sushi. I just had some for lunch today with my husband for our anniversary. He loves all the raw stuff. I prefer the California rolls and I had something today called the spider. It was like the California roll but with soft shell crab too. The raddish roll is as far as I will go with the raw stuff, even then the jury is still out as to if I will try that again. I must say though, I am STARVING right now!!! Cant figure out what Im going to fix for dinner either, I mean, come on, how do you top sushi for the day?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I love to eat it raw! (SUSHI)

As far as calamare goes, OMG, i make a calamare in its ink (the canned stuff) in a rice dish with tons of spices and virgin olive oil that IS TO DIE FOR!!! Its a dish from Vizcaya, Spain, by the same folks who created Paella!!!!!

I wish i could make you all a huge pot of it and we could all eat it together with some .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join