It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An A10 Warthog close air support close call with British troops.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Now you can see, hear and feel the receiving end of an A10.
Enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Great find Deltaboy!!!

I bet the pucker factor was high on that one!

I have personally witnessed A-10's firing the 30 mm at the local gunnery range and the noise alone is mean, nasty, and very loud.

Shameless plug of my video.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

My husband who is AF, up until recently worked on A10s as a weapons crew cheif. So he will love to hear this.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

and they lived to tell the tale
i mean show the tale
which ever way anyone wants to look at it

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well that makes me feel great considering i start my parachute regiment training in 2 weeks and will probly be out there buy the end of the year aswell,

that gun makes an erie noise i could imagine the fear being on the wrong end of thos 100mm canons

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Don't worry, its only 30 mm, not 100 mm cannon, so I hope thats more reassuring for you.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

My husband who is AF, up until recently worked on A10s as a weapons crew cheif. So he will love to hear this.

Sorry to kinda highjack, but that is cool and I have to ask since I have heard this from a few folks....is it true these aircraft can fly away from just about any kind of damage to the wings? I have heard they are insanely rugged and can take quite a bit of damage without going down.

Great vids!

-B

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Don't worry, its only 30 mm, not 100 mm cannon, so I hope thats more reassuring for you.

ermmmmmmmmmm

just alittle bit...

it would still rip you clean in half tho, i may request a re-trade to something more back bentch & safer now

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That vid was a very close call - blue on blue ain't funny from the looks like it an extremely slight nudge to the right on the control column of the A10 that fired that last burst just the other side of that lot on the ground - and some where in between, well.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
We've had people killed by these things. In one famous incident in March 28 2003 two A10s attacked a troop from the Blues and Royals in Scimitars that were flying orange panels (which are used as IFF markers to avoid such incidents). There were 5 seriously injuried and at one death, LCoH Matty Hull. When questioned later the pilots states that they thought they were Iraqi rockets.

The crews did not wait for permission to engage the vehicles, nor did they wait for the vehicles to be identified as hostile. After the incident when the pilots found out over the comms that they had engaged a British column, their only concern was for themselves and not the trooper they had killed.

A leaked recording from the cockpit of one of the A10s has the pilot crying and stating "We're F*&^ed" and "We're in jail dude". The final statements from the tape were "Yeah, I know that thing with the orange panels is going to screw us. They look like orange rockets on top", despite the fact that orange marker panels were a standard IFF marker at that time. They then state

"Your tape still on?"
"Yea"
"Mine is"

Then the tape goes silent.

The IFF procedures in use by the A10 crews must be pretty wank, because they seem to be the airframes we're getting most blue on blues with. You'd think that in nearly six years they'd sort themselves out and learn some lessons. Considering I'm back out in Afghanistan in March with these boys acting as top cover, I don't find these vids particularly reassuring.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by PaddyInf]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Well that makes me feel great considering i start my parachute regiment training in 2 weeks and will probly be out there buy the end of the year aswell,

that gun makes an erie noise i could imagine the fear being on the wrong end of thos 100mm canons

Good luck mate

Hope you like to run...........a lot, you'll be doing lots and lots in training, hope you are good at press-ups as well

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
When the Brits shoot the Iraqis duck. When the Iraqis shoot the Brits duck. When the Americans shoot everybody ducks.

Thanks for posting the Vid from Fort Lost in the Woods. I went to basic there and was out for my BRM while the A-10's were doing runs on their range. It was something else. We heard the 30mm before we new where the sound was coming from. Incredible how loud they are, like someone ripping open the sky. I would never ever want to be on the recieving end of that thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

but don`t forget that the US won`t relase him to testify at the inquest into the death of teh soldier - but the US carte blanche can snatch anyone they want to....

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

tis more like this

When the Germans Bombed britian
all the brits ducked

when the Brits bombed the Germans
the Germans ducked

when the americans bombed the Germans
both the Germans and Brits ducked

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I changed the participants to reflect on our current conflict. That is the qoute.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Google Video Link

Watch.

[edit on 3/1/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

they were relucatant to show that
wounder how the sun got it

[edit on 3-1-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Sorta don't matter, there are more efficient ways of killing. With time it gets easier, only 22,854 days ago man kind was sill using chemical and biological weapons to kill.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
To some of the posters in here:

We see this video. Does anyone know the story behind it? Was there enemy contact close by? What was the FAC doing?

Also have to remember A-10's provide more CAS than other fixed wing aircraft. How many times has it pulled soldiers out of a jam that we never hear about?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join