It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my house haunted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Last night, as I sat in my room drawing I heard a strange wheezing and rasping noise coming from somewhere in the house. I got up and opened my door and peered out. What I saw next made me scared outta my pants.
I saw the back-end of a wheelchair coming out from the corner of the hallway that leads to my parents room, with a hunched over figure (or what looked like one) sitting in it breathing heavily. I backed into my room, shut the door and sat panicking for a few seconds, then I grabbed my mobile phone and called my best friend and told him what I had seen (It took a while as I was talking pretty fast and incoherently). He thought I was trying to play a joke on him at first, then he gave in because I'm just not that type of person.
He told me he would come over in the morning and talk about it then (this was at like 11-11:30 pm). I hung up and realised I should get a pic on my phone of the "ghost". I tried to build up the courage to do it, but I'm ashamed to say I couldn't

What makes me think this was a ghost, was the previous owner of the house was in an 80 year old man who had a wheel chair, he had also died in the house. After he passed away his wife sold the house to us and moved over-seas. I have also been having strange dreams of being attacked by a doll that hides in the top of my cupboard (strange, hey).

If anyone wants me to, I'll post some pics of the areas this happened (my room, the hallway, doorway and my cupboard etc.)

This isn't the first paranormal event that's happened in my house, I posted a story a while back in a thread about B.E.Ks on an occasion I thought I saw one in my back yard staring at me. Sorry I wrote this strange, I'm just kinda hyped up at the moment.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Prozac Heart

Pics would be great. I would do a little more investigating before calling it haunted. If it were me, I would stay skeptical until you get some concrete evidence that can not be explained, otherwise there are some on this website that will criticize you.

Also staying skeptical will help you from jumping to conclusions and making assumptions, look forward to seeing some results

[edit on 2/1/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow, creepy! But, I wouldn't chalk it up as "haunted" yet. From your description, it really sounds more like an "imprint", where repetative schedules "imprint" themselves upon an area. It's kinda like...hmmmm...like not having a screen saver and the image, whatever it may be, burns itself into the screen. The previous owner might have taken that trip down the hall from his old bedroom (Now, your parents bedroom) toward wherever the hall leads to (maybe the bathroom, kitchen, den, whatever) so many times, it's "imprinted" on your house.
Don't panic next time, get a phone pic, or video. Stand your ground and look at it investigatively!
I do envy your experience though. I have seen both imprints and ghosts. I find them very different from each other. Keep those eyes open.

My $.02
Cuhail

[edit on 1/2/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Wow, creepy! But, I wouldn't chalk it up as "haunted" yet. From your description, it really sounds more like an "imprint", where repetative schedules "imprint" themselves upon an area.

I think you may be right. I personally don't believe my house is haunted, I was just looking for other peoples opinions on the matter. I think you have a great theory, though. Thanks

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Very interesting experience. I would definitely get some pictures, and make sure you are open minded about it. It may be scary, but try to check it out next time. maybe even have a friend come over and be there with you so it isnt so bad. I lived in a house that was haunted, and my mom said she always saw a woman in the mirror. this woman was standing in the hallway outside of the bathroom door and when she would turn around to look, nobody was there. I do not think you should be "looking" for it, but i would say to be aware and ready for it, if that makes sense. Maybe just hang out in your room with an open ear. Then when you hear it again, run out to it with your video rolling!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
you should have taken a picture was it actualy that scary seeing an old man in a wheel chair

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by s3b4k

anything can be scary if something is in your house that shouldnt be

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by evo80
I do not think you should be "looking" for it, but i would say to be aware and ready for it, if that makes sense. Maybe just hang out in your room with an open ear. Then when you hear it again, run out to it with your video rolling!

I think that's what I'll do. Thanks for the advice

I'll try to post pics sometime this week everyone, my schedule is just a bit hectic due to the holiday season and all, so sorry for being a bit slow with it.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prozac Heart
Last night, as I sat in my room drawing I heard a strange wheezing and rasping noise coming from somewhere in the house. I got up and opened my door and peered out. What I saw next made me scared outta my pants.
I saw the back-end of a wheelchair coming out from the corner of the hallway that leads to my parents room, with a hunched over figure (or what looked like one) sitting in it breathing heavily. I backed into my room, shut the door and sat panicking for a few seconds, then I grabbed my mobile phone and called my best friend and told him what I had seen (It took a while as I was talking pretty fast and incoherently). He thought I was trying to play a joke on him at first, then he gave in because I'm just not that type of person.
He told me he would come over in the morning and talk about it then (this was at like 11-11:30 pm). I hung up and realised I should get a pic on my phone of the "ghost". I tried to build up the courage to do it, but I'm ashamed to say I couldn't

What makes me think this was a ghost, was the previous owner of the house was in an 80 year old man who had a wheel chair, he had also died in the house. After he passed away his wife sold the house to us and moved over-seas. I have also been having strange dreams of being attacked by a doll that hides in the top of my cupboard (strange, hey).

If anyone wants me to, I'll post some pics of the areas this happened (my room, the hallway, doorway and my cupboard etc.)

This isn't the first paranormal event that's happened in my house, I posted a story a while back in a thread about B.E.Ks on an occasion I thought I saw one in my back yard staring at me. Sorry I wrote this strange, I'm just kinda hyped up at the moment.

what I always wanted to know , my house is haunted too. mostly by characters from twighlight zone the movie or scenes from the movie poltergeist. I have become so used to it, that it does have its slow days and really awesome days. but how can you channel more paranormal energy or make it a continual barage of paranormal activity forever.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ethnic Confusion

O.K... I really don't get what you mean. So your house is haunted by ghosts from a couple of movies? And you LIKE it? No offence but I think someone forgot to take their meds...

new topics

top topics

join