It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani backer resigns over Muslim remarks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Giuliani backer resigns over Muslim remarks

www.boston.com

Praising Giuliani in an interview published Thursday in the British newspaper The Guardian, John Deady said the Republican presidential candidate has "the knowledge and the judgment to attack one of the most difficult problems in current history and that is the rise of the Muslims."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wonder why this seems to be only reported as a low scale comment/issue??

Did anyone else here of this on any other news platform?

One of the comments posted in reply on the topic asks the same question.

I can't believe this isn't getting more coverage, only a handful of papers are even discussing it!

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What's the problem here?

Of course he was talking about Muslim extremists and he would be correct.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wow.

I cant believe I havent heard about this yet. Thats a pretty serious statement he made. I wonder how long till muslims are calling for him to be put to death for his personal opinion, thus proving him right while doing so.

Im sorry but as horrible as it is to generalize and say that one group of people is a bane to society, I have heard and seen what muslims are doing to the UK, and its not good. Get enough of them in one place and they start demanding that we cater to their cultural needs when they are the ones entering a different country.

Would any muslim country in the world cater to western ways? HAH, that would be the day.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Actually... no he was not referring to extremists alone. Go check out this interview . He says he means ALL Muslims. If I am Rudy, I would have jettisoned this dude a week ago when this started making the round on the blogs. Rudy wants to look tough, not like a genocidal maniac.

Obs out

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
What's the problem here?

Of course he was talking about Muslim extremists and he would be correct.

What a joker. Guilliani as the leader against Muslim extremists?

The same man who worked a multi-million dollar security arrangement with the same country that protected one of the leader plotters of 9/11?

The same man who stole millions of pages from records from New York State for private use in his security firm?

The same man who insisted on his bunker be at the WTC after it was already targeted by terrorists?

Guilliani is a criminal.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Guilliani is a criminal.

That easy to say without any proof.

You do realize this thread is NOT about what Rudy said right? Rudy did not say the quote about Mooslims, it was someone working in his campain.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by Legalizer
Guilliani is a criminal.
Rudy did not say the quote about Mooslims, it was someone working in his campain.

Have some respect.. The word is Muslims and not Mooslims.

The use of the word Mooslim to identify a group known as Muslims is no more than a racist remark.

Your use of this word is as low as John Deady's comment.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
The use of the word Mooslim to identify a group known as Muslims is no more than a racist remark.

Really? How can you be racist against a religion?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I posted this the other day.
To expose the hypocrisy of Some candidates being allowed to distance themselves from what supporters say. And other candidates not be allowed to do the exact same thing...

www.abovepolitics.com...

There is a video of this horses southside, spewing his bigoted message, in the thread as well, if anyone is interested.

I suspect this may be way Rudy has such a low profile these days..Concentrating on Florida..right..

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

While it's not racism, it is prejudice. We do not tolerate the use of prejudicial terms on this board, whether it be based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc.

Please keep the comments on-topic and constructive.

Thank you.

• Announcement: Civility & Decorum are Expected

• posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
    link   
    Video here:

Just for your convenience..

Was he talking about "certain" muslims?

new topics

top topics

join