It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Fransico Zoo Tiger Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
As most of you know, last week 3 men were attacked by a Siberian Tiger. Unfortunately one of them was killed by the tiger. Now there are reports that an empty bottle of vodka was found in the car the 3 men were in; the two surviving brothers also had slingshots.

Many believe the men provoked the tiger into attacking. At first I felt bad for the men, but the more I read into it, the more I started to think they deserved what they got. My whole life I have had a fascination with tigers and big cats, and this story just pisses me off for some reason. I feel absolutely NO sympathy for the men or their families. They got exactly what they deserved. I could care less how great of a person so and so was, or how they have never done anything wrong in their life.

I hope the two brothers are charged to the fullest extent and made an example of. This is unacceptable behavior from "adults".

I just do not understand why the families are being given so much sympathy and support. The kids f'd up and they got what they deserved. :bnghd:

-Droops

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Iam pissed off and seething beyond belief.
A beautiful creature no longer walks the earth , but scum like they are can? My freaking god...:shk:

Iam leaving this thread before I curse...
#### **** !!!! and a dozen other 4 letter words...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Tigers don't lie and prank for sport. People do. There are no bad Tigers, just people. Tigers don't get irresponsibly drunk with their buddies, they have better things to do. Like live.

Mira

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My thoughts exactly. It's sad that idiot's like this are allowed to interact with society. I've had a cat my whole life (well like 3) and I guess I'm just a big softy when it comes to felines, but this whole situation has really got me angry. It's strange because normally these sorts of stories don't bother me, but I think the sheer stupidity and the response by the media is what's kicking up the dirt.

I mean, it's not like Siberian Tigers are rare or anything

-Droops

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
yea finding out they were high off booze and carrying sling shots changes my perspective a whole lot.

if i had a choice zoos wouldn't exist at all. they are kind of sickening to me. i don't think i will take my children to zoos

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
cranked on the alky and slinging shots at the tiger....better kill the tiger

unreal

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The police also found a bloody shoe between the iron fence and the tiger's exihibit. Proof that they were inside of the exhibit to some degree when they were attacked. Shooting rocks at a tiger with a sling-shot has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

Feel bad for the tiger and the dude's family. They however probably got what they deserved.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

imo, this is just more evidence that booze does/can make you retarded. not saying it should be illegal or anything but i am thinking of they were not loaded, slinging shots would not have sounded like a good idea.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is disturbing… isn’t it enough that we have these animals in captivity and you still want to provoke them? Besides didn’t anyone notice that they were drunk? I mean you can tell the differences of who’s under the influence and who’s not!:shk:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I agree with everyone comlpetely!

Humans kill so many animals every single day... we have wiped out entire species... but if one of them gets one of us we have to kill it.

Why can't we just handle the fact that there are creatures in the food chain that are higher than us, and will eat us if given the chance? That's how God made them. Instead, we have to act like we are more better than them, and we take these animals and put them into as natural a setting as possible in a part of the world that they never should be in the first place... then we get kill it for doing just what it would do in it's natural setting!!

I am so enraged about this, and I have been since it happened!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
reply to post by dbates

imo, this is just more evidence that booze does/can make you retarded. not saying it should be illegal or anything but i am thinking of they were not loaded, slinging shots would not have sounded like a good idea.

yea to an extent..but if you don't have at least some control over yourself you're probably just as stupid with out the alcohol in your system

i don't know about you or anyone else on this board but even if i'm piss drunk i'm not going to mess with a freaking tiger. alcohol doesn't make me fearless

top topics

join