It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish doc calls for kindergarten sex ed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Eight Chapters that explain all the basics.
PBS NOVA : Life's Greatest Miracle

Anyone who thinks a child can't handle this information doesn't know anything about children.

The original version was The Miracle of LIFE Amazing stuff, thermographic camera images of procreation and stuff.

My brother saw it when he was six, I didn't see it until I was 23, and it was very educational.

My daughter has seen it twice.
My wife had horrible lack of sex education in Taiwan, at the age of 32 this movie was practically all new information, for a mother!

Apparently the lack of sex ed is rampant, as I've had a number of girlfriends who have said the most ridiculous things, like they came right out of 1950 sex mythology 101, and this was at the end of the twentieth century.

How to make an example without getting graphic?

Basically one twenty two year old girl thought she could get pregnant from sperm that was external to her body, we're talking a good two feet from her cervix. When I asked "How the hell you think you can get pregnant that way?", she responded, "Well sperm move really fast don't they?"

Yes lightning quick and they strike without warning. Run for cover!

Oh and reproduction is not immoral.

A church that tells its followers to not use condoms is.

A religion that oppresses sexuality and creates the worste of the deviants and harmful predators is beyond immoral, its a disease that needs to be exterminated.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Legalizer]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
*post removed for it was rude, hostile and off topic in response to being called a blatant liar by greeneyedleo.

And for the record - YES. I WAS FOUR.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Here you go, an old Sex Ed book for kids thats sold millions and is being re-published

Warning, people with repressed sexuality may be offended by illustrations and conception not involving virgins, angels or storks.

I'm pretty sure your just stuck on a whole 'progressive' trip here on this thread. Yes, we get it, you think exercising moral caution when it comes to sex is a hokey amish tradition and that people are just 'scaaared' to let their children know about the icky process of procreation.

The fact is, this whole progressive attitude concerning sexual liberation ended in the sixties. Women have their freedom and Men are as misogynistic as ever: why do we now have to bring children into this?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I’m afraid the reaction in this thread is due to some ‘economical’ reporting by the media. Up to their usual tricks, the press agencies have provided just enough information to provoke outrage but not enough to explain the full picture.

The type of education that was being referred to here is based on the Dutch model of ‘relationship’ education. Children are taught throughout school the value of relationships and the consequences of their actions in relation to other people, this incorporates sexual relationships only when they are about 9 or 10.

The argument supporting the programme’s introduction in Britain is that the Netherlands have a much lower teenage pregnancy rate than the UK (as do most industrialised countries). The Dutch are apparently a much more moral nation and have lower divorce rates too.

As a Briton I acknowledge that but note that the Dutch also do not have the Brits’ pathological relationship with alcohol which is surely a contributing factor to unwanted pregnancies.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
why do we now have to bring children into this?

Maybe because this is how children are created.
Maybe so they don't grow up ignorant of their own bodies.

Progressive thinking didn't end in the 60's.
This has nothing to do with women's lib or misogynist men.

Look at the wonders Bush's "just say no" policy of sex education has wrought,
the first increase in teen birth rates in 15 years.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Children need to be taught protective measures from an early age.

Both of my Children knew about the circle at the age of 2.

It is important.

If children are educated then they are better prepared.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I find it hard to judge what this guy is talking about before knowing what it is he's talking about introducing.

Obviously no 5yos we know of are smart enough to understand the whole of human knowledge of sexuality (but then again, some adults aren't smart enough for that either). I'm thinking he's probably got in mind a very simplified version that just goes over the risks and stuff that will keep them from performing reckless experiments.

To be honest, I don't see a need for sex to be taught alone, but rather, mentioned as one method in overall hygene class, of how germs can be spread.

I think people should have a complex understanding of microbiology and its risks before getting in contact with other humans. Schools aren't very clean environments though, and so-called 'STDs' can actually be spread through things besides sex, like you can get HIV from biting and stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join