It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannah Montana Essay Winner a Fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

The mother had told company officials that the girl's father died April 17 in a roadside bombing in Iraq, company spokeswoman Robyn Caulfield said.

"We did the essay and that's what we did to win," Priscilla Ceballos, the mother, said in an interview with Dallas TV station KDFW. "We did whatever we could do to win."

Does any one else here see a problem with teaching behavior like this to young people much less your own children? Is this the world we want to live in? Or is living in a world our for fathers fought for just a dream?

If this behavior is something you support and teach those around you please don't menchen it here.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Wow this is crazy but sadly its happening,

I really cannot understand why someone would make somewthing like that up,. to be honest if i where a judge i would send that mother over to Iraq on some dutys and let her see the real horrors herself.. Or make her stand up in a Widows of war meeting and tell them what she did, Or help out with some children who really have lost a father to war,

I feel for her poor child and i would treat that as neglect,

But thats my opinion

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Unfortunately, this is the new America. The American way has become to lie, cheat, steal, do whatever you have to in order to get what you want.

I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that these people consider themselves to be "good Christians." I have seen a lot of this kind of thing from people who then say they're Christian in order to suggest that they know right from wrong. There was a case like that on judge Judy last week -- the woman stole four pure bred puppies then at the end said she was a Christian so she didn't do anything wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
to be honest if i where a judge i would send that mother over to Iraq on some dutys and let her see the real horrors herself.. Or make her stand up in a Widows of war meeting and tell them what she did, Or help out with some children who really have lost a father to war,

I feel for her poor child and i would treat that as neglect,

Asala
I very much do agree with you. I think its worse then neglect though. I think something like that is bordering on being an unfit parent. I think it should go to a judge. I also think all the ways of compensating that that are quoted above are all good ideas. I think I liked the widows of war meeting the most.
Some how though I don't think any of that will happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
reply to post by RedGolem

I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that these people consider themselves to be "good Christians."

Right off hand I can't say that I have seen a lot of this kind of thing. But I don't work with the general public or anything like that. That could be why I am so out raged when I read it. However I also did not much like the statement you made quoted above. Please note I am not takeing you up on your offer. It could be right on the money although I have no way of knowing. I just don't like labelling those people, and there actions, Christian with out knowing. To me that insults all the rest, who could potentially be good people.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think they should charge them with fraud to teach them a lesson. An essay, by definition, is non-fiction isn't it?

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that these people consider themselves to be "good Christians." I have seen a lot of this kind of thing from people who then say they're Christian in order to suggest that they know right from wrong.

Holy conclusion jumping Batman!

Where did that come from? Someone lies and that means they are probably a Christian?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Duzey,
Thanks for posting. I always like it when a Moderator posts in a thread I started and agrees with the point that was trying to be made.
I also think they should be charged with something. I don't care so much as to what just something.

Also the way your responded to the "they lie there fore they are christian" statement. Very nicely done, thank you.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by RedGolem]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I admit, I dont like Hannah Montana that much and I really dont understand the craze over her, but I loved this story when I first saw it. It was hilarious when they confronted the mother. Yeah, the husband wasn't dead, he was living in another city, and the statement going through everyone's mind was,"We can see why." The mother is terrible. Her excuse was,"It didn't say it had to be true. We do essays all the time together. She does essays in school." Yeah..I feel bad for the child, she had bragging rights, maybe at least she wont be beat up after school by a mob of jealous little girls now.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ok first off, what the heck is this Hanna Montana and why the heck is it so popular? I've heard that tickets to it have fetched thousands?!

Back on topic, how horrible! I do not understand why/how anyone could make up that kind of story for some IMHO trivial tickets. To take advantage of the sad state of things over in Iraq to get your kid into a concert...America has lost all sence of morality! Christian or not, the mother should feel ashamed of herself!

top topics

join