It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Illegal Immigrants Slip Through the U.S. Polls, And Screw Them Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I was wondering if Illegal Immigrants can somehow slip through our poles, and screw America up by voting for someone like Hillary Clinton, or anyone else, that isn't so worried about Illegal Immigrants, to keep them in our land?

Could any immigrants whether they are illegal or not, still vote on someone that would not care to much about illegal immigrants to help get their families in here, and other immigrants in here?

This would really be the downfall of America, if this happened.

I mean with their fake green cards, or old social security numbers that they get somehow, could allow them to vote couldn't it? But then again, they would have to get it by getting their Driver's License right?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is a very real issue local, state and federal government are going to great lenghts to ensure that only US citizens are able to vote in local,state and federal election, unfortunately organizations like the ACLU and other pro illegal immigrant orgs. keep challenging the very laws that local, state and federal goverment try to put in place.

In 1996, Congress enacted the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act, making it a federal crime for non-citizens to vote in any federal election (or state election, unless authorized by state law). As a penalty, ineligible non-citizens who knowingly vote may be deported. Additionally, a non-citizen who falsely claims to be a United States citizen is in violation of this law.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

they aren't pro illegal immigrant groups, they're pro-civil liberties.
the laws that they set up tend to reflect the jim crowe anti-civil rights laws of a different era where people were only allowed to vote if they were white, that's the problem

a simple law would just be a voter registration card that would require proof of citizenship to acquire, that would be that.

and you didn't show that the ACLU was against that law or on what grounds... so you're basically smearing until you do

[edit on 12/31/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
We already have that .... and guess what? All the illegals have fake voter registration cards.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

While President George W. Bush, ICE, and Congress act as if the U.S. had no immigration laws and no borders, some heroic local officials and private organizations have nevertheless sought, against all odds, to enforce and uphold immigration law. And every time they have done so, the ACLU has been there to fight them, on behalf of the criminals invading America.

A study of the tactics of local ACLU chapters across the country and the national ACLU reveals a distinct, coordinated strategy of six components:

1. Abusing the English language, by referring to illegal immigrants as “immigrants” and “undocumented workers,” in order to make it seem as if illegal immigrants, all of whom are criminals (and in the case of those who have previously been deported, felons), were law-abiding, legal residents;

2. Misrepresenting immigration law, to make it appear as though law enforcement officials were harassing non-criminals;

3. Misrepresenting the duties of local law enforcement, to make it appear as though they were abusing their power, in order to discriminate against “immigrants”;

4. Misrepresenting the actions of local law enforcement, to make it appear as though they were “racially profiling immigrants”;

5. Initiating frivolous lawsuits targeting any actions by state or local officials enforcing immigration law, including but not limited to actions which prevented illegal immigrants from enjoying privileges and services to which they were not legally entitled; and

6. Expanding the above five strategies to other types of law, such as election law, in conspiring to rig American elections through flooding them with the fraudulent votes of illegal immigrants.

SOURCE

To say that the ACLU and and organizations like the National Council of La Raza are not pro illegal immigrants is really dishonest.

IM HISPANIC, i watch this guys go to channels like Univision and tell illegal immmigrants how to cheat the system, where the sanctuaries cities are, where is easier to register to vote, and what to do if they get caught by local authorities in order to get release.

ACLU Lawyer Arrested At Pro-Illegal Protest Of Pruitt’s Furniture In Phoenix

The ACLU goes after Green Bay’s illegal immigrant hiring ordinance

ACLU vows to act as sheriff's watchdog in immigration enforcement

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Bunch]

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I've been voting in local and national elections regularly since 1970 and am aware of some things that non-voters may not be aware of.

First... they check your voter registration. I can get in to vote, but unless my registration matches the one on their computer printout, I can't vote. So a fake card would show up immediately.

Secondly, it would take most of the whole population of Mexico marching in and voting (don't you think someone would notice?) to actually impact the national vote. 120 million people vote regularly in national elections. So to absolutly win an election, you'd have to import over 70 million people to walk in, not get caught, vote, not get caught, and leave and not have their votes challenged.

Drivers' licenses would have to be faked wholesale as well as voter registration cards. What are the odds that 70 million voters could be convinced to quietly stay away from the polls and allow someone else to vote for them?

Speaking as a regular voter, I can tell you that the answer is "zero" and that furthermore we'd march off to the nearest political headquarters and start telling them that someone was trying to buy the election (in my case, I'd report to the Democratic county officials).

Many states allow people to vote early (again, registration is checked, as it is with mail-in ballots). If someone tried to vote for me, they'd be stopped because I would have already voted.

The best way to secure democracy is to be an informed voter. The best way to be an informed voter is to make yourself aware of issues and to volunteer once or twice to help out at an election or help out your party with election activities (not your candidate... your PARTY. There's a difference. Some candidates are pretty clueless.)

Voting fraud is known and there are disputes about votes at the national level -- but not to the tune of tens of millions of votes.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Republicans worried about voter fraud and shaking their "illegal immigrant" bones... that is just too funny. The biggest voter fraud scandal in history has been the last two American Presidential elections... and look who is in office? Before you point a finger or blame illegal immigrants... look in the mirror or check out your own political party.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
look in the mirror or check out your own political party.

I'm glad that I'm not of a certain political party

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

again, you're showing me what this clearly biased source says the ACLU said... but not the ACLU's argument in those instances. i know the ACLU does some crazy sounding stuff, but they have some of the most knowledgeable constitutional lawyers working their cases and they know what they're doing. they wouldn't be arguing a case unless there was a clear issue.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Look I believe that the ACLU does good work for the most part except when it comes to the illegal immigration and the enemy combatants issues.

We need organizations like the ACLU but the problem is that when this organizations receive much of their funding from people that have not hidden but very open agendas they can loose their sense of purpose.

May be Im wrong may be they do it because they belive illegal immigrants deserve some kind of rights, I dont agree, I think the only right that an illegal immigrant should have is THE RIGHT TO BE DEPORTED, and for the enemy combatants the only right they should right they should have is the right to choose from: life in prison or death.

My .02

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Bunch]

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

People have rights, regardless of nationality, race, or language. I don't know why this is a hard concept for so many people to grasp, but apparently it is. When you state that you'd happily watch your government strip those rights from these "other" people, you're asking for that government to do the same thing to you.

Or perhaps you think being born somewhere below the 28 degrees parallel is somehow a very, very different kind of creature from yourself?

Heh. Your position on enemy combatants is pretty funny, too. How dare they fight against the people who invaded them, am I right? I suppose that in your opinion, the Mexican army could cross the US border, grab a bunch of border patrol and citizen watchers, execute them as "enemy combatants" and you'd be all thumbs-up? Same thing, except it's probably only okay when we do it?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It's certainly possible that illegal immigrants could wind up casting votes. But it won't be the downfall of America. There's always the increasingly likely chance that the votes will be nullified anyway once hackers rewrite the numbers

/tn.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Walking Fox

Im all for human rights, dont get me wrong, but Im also for rule of law.

Im not advocating for the killing of innocent people either in the case of enemy combatants, this people get their day in court in a military tribunal, I dont think they deserve a trail in the US Courts system because that could be detrimental to our national security.

If any enemy combatant is found guilty then the appropiate punishment should be handed out.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
If any enemy combatant is found guilty then the appropiate punishment should be handed out.

Found guilty of what exactly? The majority of the people held in Guantanamo were picked up in Afghanistan and Iraq, after we invaded them. So they're guilty of what again..?

new topics

top topics

join