It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an "Indigo child" or is this somehting else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have always felt like i've had some kind of higher purpose, and I always feel like I'm holding something back. It almost feels like I have a word on the tip of my toung that I cant spit out, but i constantly feel it, and its more just an overall feeling in my brain.

I think I have a "power". Not just I, but my twin brother shares it too. I've always made things happen, with electronics that I've put off as a coincidence. However, in the past years its been happening far too much to be put off any longer. I started taking it seriously 2 summers ago.

Me and my brother went to see the "xmen 3" movie. We arrived home, with some of our friends, and my brother was messing around and said "I'm an xman, watch this." and pointed to the street light at our corner. Right after he did that, it flickered and turned off. We were freaking out, and then decided it was just a coincidence. Yet, the light stayed off. We were a little creepd out, but laughed about it. I turned to them and said "Well watch this" and I pointed to the light and turned on in a surge. (it like flashed real bright as it turned on.), and it looked unusual. Again we laughed and walked inside to play some halo 2. But I couldnt stop thinking about that, and remebered similar experiences as a kid. My brother and I were messing around when this had happened and we werent really trying to focus the energy.

Since then, I have tried channeling this energy to electronics and most of the time my efforts go in vain. Although I get lucky and am able to make a light flicker or a radio to go static. But recently I have involuntarily been able to make things happen.

A few months ago I was walking a girlfriend home. It was about 10 pm. We had walked past a few street lights and nothing happened. However, when we got to her street corner, we walked in front of the light, and it shut off. We both were startled and she jumped and let go of my hand. I however did not jump, my first reaction was to look at the light. I turned and looked at it, and felt kind of like I was concentrating, and the light flashed back on. The first thing i said to her was "sorry". I didnt think about it, it just came out. She didnt understand, and I just told her i said it because i was scared. But really, I felt like it was me that did it.

Now, normally, I dont post on here, I just lurk in the shadows and see whats going on. But I was possesed to post this because, while I was scanning through the boards 10 minutes ago, I was in the middle of reading a post about a flying bigfoot or something, and then out of nowhere I stopped reading and I thought to myself pick up the phone, I looked away from the monitor and turned towards the phone. As I reached for it, it rang. It was like I knew that it was going to ring.

Something else that I have always been aware of is my acute sense of danger. I always know if something bad is going to happen, and how to avoid it. I have always felt this way, and its as natural as breathing to me.

If anyone knows anythign about supernatural powers or indigo children please inform me about what these "powers" are. Also feel free to share any powers that you might have.
Thank you.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by darkxhampster]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The street light phenomenon is pretty common. I think everyone has experienced it before. What you have to remember is how many times you walk by a street light and nothing happens

It's called SLI, or street light interference: en.wikipedia.org...

As for your other "powers", the wishful thinking about the street lights makes me suspect you might be jumping to conclusions with them as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I do know that the street light thing is common, but it has happened with many other electronics. I just remembered the street light things because they were recent and just seemed wierd. But I always feel that i need to reach for my cell phone moments before it rings or I get a text. I've had many other experiences, but I was running low on post space.
I have made a controller act without touching buttons many times, and have a nack for attracting electric flows. for example, I picked up my Xbox 360 controller, and plugged in the headset, and the power was going from the controller, through my body and out my ear to the earpiece, it didnt hurt, but it got annyoing, so I took off the headset, and the power was then forced to travel through the cable.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I do believe you are perfectly normal The street light thing is common.

I've had radios and televisions that operate better when I was standing close to them. Our bodies are full of electrical energy.

Take some time to do some research about the brain and how it controls our bodily functions such as movement, organ function and more. It's really very interesting.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I believe that most street lights are on timers to conserve energy. It's coincidental in that people happen to be there when they go off. It used to happen to me too and I started noticing it. Once you start noticing it you tend to "see things" more often. A combination of coincidence and awareness.

But that doesn't mean you're psychic too.
I believe everyone has a certain level of psychic ability that can be developed over time with practice and meditation.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yes, well I have heard the street light thing is an indicator of other "powers". I can't say it more clearly than, I know I did the things. Or when I know that my phone is goign to ring.
Again, is it possible, that this is just some signs that I have a form of ESP? Also, I would like someone to help me understand exactly what an indigo child is. That was another reason I posted it.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
An Indigo Child is just a fancy schmancy term for someone who is psychic. I don't know who dreamed it up or where it came from, but it's the exact same thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ok. I had thought or heard that it was like the latest generation (as in my generation) has an increased number of kids with special powers, and they were called indigo children.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by darkxhampster]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think it's just that more people are validating the existence of psychic ability and decided to attach a name to it for some reason. What sorts of things do you experience?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by darkxhampster

There are strange things happening within our solar system that may have something to do with it. We are in a way like chemical storage batteries. Call it feedback of some sort. Wouldn't it suck to find out that this is why some people spontaneously combust? Kidding....sorta. Things could be worse such as this or some transformer arcing down thru you. Seriously, I don't know. Look up human capacitor.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

well other than what I've already said, i experience precognitions and deja vu in dreams constantly. Almost every other night. Lots of it does happen. Also, I am extremly aware of everything around me. Someone, could roll a can under my foot, and even if I dont see it, I "know" that its there and will dodge it.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If you ever find out if you have something, let me know... I have had similar experiences with water, as well as unconsciously seeing the future before it happens...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The phone thing is relatively common. I have no idea why.

Have you experienced things like this with computers or other more complex machines?

Is it just electronics? Or do you seem to effect other things aswell?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by understand_me
If you ever find out if you have something, let me know... I have had similar experiences with water, as well as unconsciously seeing the future before it happens...

Well, my experiences have all been with electricity, and I too, have always unconciously seen the future.
I know when the premonitions are premontions and not dreams because, they last long, and I never wake untill the vision is over. And when I do wake, I can remeber every detail.

But please share your experiences with water. I would like to hear about them.

Originally posted by inomztietuseoe
The phone thing is relatively common. I have no idea why.

Have you experienced things like this with computers or other more complex machines?

Is it just electronics? Or do you seem to effect other things aswell?

I never have anything happen unless I'm extremely relaxed. It all started with lights and phones though. After hearing what evryone else has to say, I don't think I'm especially powerful with electronics. But I have heard that SLI and other things are signs that there are stronger abilities.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
well, from what i have read so far it sounds like you have advanced psychic powers in the area of precognition with psychokinetic tendencies, but i don't have the impression of indigo child. when it comes to indigo children the way iunderstand it is that they are a generation of children with highly advanced psychic abilities who are here to take down the current system where crystal children help to set up a new system. this is only one theory for indigo children. i hope this helps in some way. i often feel the same way as you but i cannot do the same remarkable things. thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
check out this website if you really want some answers for some of your questions:

www.namastecafe.com...

I too have always had a feeling that I was special or different in some way, but have never been able to put my finger on how I am different. I have had a few wierd moments in my life where I dream of future events, read peoples thoughts and emotions (sometimes when there not even in the room), and had some weird control of my surroundings (like say looking at a pencil on a table, blinking, and seeing that it's gone.) and other wierd stuff...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
"REPORTED CHARACTERISTICS OF AN INDIGO CHILD
Various authors/therapists have given their opinions; we print a few below:

They:
• Come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
• Have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
• Do not have an issue with self-worth. They often tell the parents "who they are."
• Have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
• Simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
• Get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
• Often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
• Seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
• Will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
• Are not shy in letting you know what they need.

…from "The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived"
by Jan Tober and Lee Carroll.

They:
• Are highly intuitive – can be telepathic and show extrasensory capabilities.
• Will often say seemingly ‘profound’ statements and have an strong interest in God – they often seem wise beyond their years.
• Are very sensitive to the environment, (can include food & additives), energy fields, electrical currents, as well as emotional sensitivity to what is happening around them.
• Are strong willed – have a determination about them, often ‘warrior-like’ in their personality.
• Will often ‘call them as they see them’ and won’t hold back from doing so.
• Can have a fiery temper and demeanor – rarely wavers from the one-track mind.
• Can often be confused with having a defiant attitude – will often do the exact opposite of what they are told to do.
• Have a strong need to help others, individually or globally.
• Are often introverted and a loner.
• Like to work alone most of the time or in groups where is there is mutual cooperation and respect.
• Are seemingly antisocial until they meet up with others like them.
• Are very technologically oriented – usually are whizzes at computers or other gadgetry.
• Deal often with depression, insomnia, or bodily issues such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and in extreme cases – energetic mania or freneticness.
• Can be misdiagnosed as ADD or ADHD.

…from Olena Gill,
author of "The Indigo Survival Guide""

...and here are some links for you!
www.mastersinstitute.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.starchild.co.za...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I would say we are in the end times. With all the witchcraft, black magic and occult training we all receive from movies and tv it doesn't surprise me that some people think they have special powers that make them more than human....better than human or the next 'evolution' of human.

I suggest you put these dangerous thoughts to the side and rejoice in the fact that you are made in the image of God rather than assuming you are a demigod.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but in these cases I believe it best to be blunt and to the point....it's too important to dance around.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
::before i post, mod wanna move this?::

i have every trait listed - grade school said i had ADD then they said later i was "gifted", no drugs until i smoked cannabis for a full-body sickness when i was 11.

i still have this gift/curse, i cannot predict lotto but i can predict if my girlfriend is gonna do ok at her waitress job.

i'm done here...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
oh crap i totally forgot wut i was gonna say - i asked momz about "indigo kids" - and she goes "wut about them, ur one of them."

i almost fell out of my chair...she said "i have told u that from the get-go."

so any naysayers: i know wut i can do, do u know wut u can do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join